Traps failing since patch?

Has anyone else noticed this as well? Before patch I had no trouble with traps. But since it came out, my traps ocasionally fail to trigger. I arm them, but they just disappear. This happens mostly on PvP, not sure if it happened against mobs. I've seen it happen with both Freezing and Tar Traps. In the case of Tar Trap, it fails to create the slowing area of tar whatsoever. Not sure what causes it, but I think it's something related to waylay.

I think I see your problem. You chose survival.

This is my extent of traps....

doing some m+... get into DHT, ohhh let me be a mad utility class I will trap the mob so we can do the skip. I throw out my cool as heck trap that slides along the ground. BAM! mob is frozen in place! half my party enter combat, not me. Just random other people. 10/10 trap removed from bars, no longer needed.

Quote Originally Posted by NerfDPS View Post
    This is my extent of traps....

doing some m+... get into DHT, ohhh let me be a mad utility class I will trap the mob so we can do the skip. I throw out my cool as heck trap that slides along the ground. BAM! mob is frozen in place! half my party enter combat, not me. Just random other people. 10/10 trap removed from bars, no longer needed.
    this exact thing was happening to be as well, granted it's been a while since i've hard cc'ed stuff, not sure if they changed how cc's worked;\

i was under the assumption that it'd work just like Sap, Sheep, etc. where the mob is treated like it's not there lol
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Deleted
    it has allways been like this " Dont go to close to a traped monster "

Was trapping in a +12 yesterday and each time I did it always aggroed the rest of the mobs. I'm sure traps didn't work like that before

What I'm talking about is the trap just failing to trigger at all. And I think it's a PvP issue, because I don't remember that happening with mobs, just players. Player steps on trap, trap disappear without doing anything. Happens even with Tar Trap. It's a rare occurence, but annoying and sometimes means a lost battle.

Quote Originally Posted by PewPewArrowz View Post
    I think I see your problem. You chose survival.
    Survival is pretty good in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Windthorn View Post
    Was trapping in a +12 yesterday and each time I did it always aggroed the rest of the mobs. I'm sure traps didn't work like that before
    Ok, this is new. Traps shouldn't aggro the rest of the mobs. And I know for sure this is not happening in the open world. Report bug to the developers.
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2017-01-16 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    What I'm talking about is the trap just failing to trigger at all. And I think it's a PvP issue, because I don't remember that happening with mobs, just players. Player steps on trap, trap disappear without doing anything. Happens even with Tar Trap.

Ok, this is new. Traps shouldn't aggro the rest of the mobs. And I know for sure this is not happening in the open world.
    I believe the only cc that lets you skip is rogue sap. at least Hex, monk sap, sheep and rogue blind also makes the mob agro as soon as the cc is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiftyonred View Post
    I believe the only cc that lets you skip is rogue sap. at least Hex, monk sap, sheep and rogue blind also makes the mob agro as soon as the cc is over.
    If this is intended behavior in timed dungeons, then it's pretty dumb.

If your problem is with players could it be the talent that auto trinkets CC that is longer then 4 seconds? Maybe that talent auto trinketed your trap and you didnt notice the animation? Only in game reason I can think of besides a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro1990 View Post
    If your problem is with players could it be the talent that auto trinkets CC that is longer then 4 seconds? Maybe that talent auto trinketed your trap and you didnt notice the animation? Only in game reason I can think of besides a bug.
    I thought about that, but the trinket produces a visible effect (faction crest floating above your head plus distinct sound warning). Also, even if the autotrinket can sometimes explain the Freezing Trap, it wouldn't explain the Tar Trap, which doesn't proc the trinket nor should be negated by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiftyonred View Post
    I'm on about the trap triggering the pack it's associated with to aggro. So what was happening last night was I'd send the trap. CC would occur and as soon as the trap hit the surrounding non CCed mobs aggroed. I'm sure it didn't work like this before.

Quote Originally Posted by Windthorn View Post
    I'm on about the trap triggering the pack it's associated with to aggro. So what was happening last night was I'd send the trap. CC would occur and as soon as the trap hit the surrounding non CCed mobs aggroed. I'm sure it didn't work like this before.
    to be honest, I rather have that behavior than the "pull mobs when cc ends feature" as this is somewhat of an issue for people who do not know about it.

I'm not sure what your seeing with mob aggro, I used frost trap in two places recently to CC patrols that would otherwise wander into the party. I did it in EoA to control a stray seagull during the Hydra boss and on the pack just after the first boss in DHT, the one with the Dryad that runs about and can aggro if your trying to skip the pack by running again the wall.

Both times the mob got trapped and didn't aggro anything near by when the trap activated or ended.

My experience was as soon as the cc hit the other mobs around the cc target aggroed. So I presume this is a bug?