Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iperson View Post
    Can we get true gamer forums where people can't post the most inane complaints?
    People will always have different opinions. Just because they differ from yours don't mean they are invalid.

Can we get true gamer forums where people can't post the most inane complaints?
    Can we get WoW without PvP and PvP players completely?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    I agree that the group finder should show if you get flagged PVP when you join the group.

Where I don't agree is that there is any way in Legion to get flagged for PVP without agreeing first.
    Sigh... for those of you who aren't locks, what happened is that he got dropped into the Dalaran sewers when the guards were on break. At that point, they turn into a PVP free for all. - everyone is auto flagged for PVP regardless of server type. He couldn't have hired a bodyguard if he really got ported into the arena since they're at the entrances.

Second point is that the portal to the lock class hall is near one entrance to the sewers. What you need to do is simple - go down to the sewer area using the entrance near the mage tower, not the one near the landing. If you use the latter you will need to walk through the sewer area.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    No this a qq-thread cause you got killed cause you have no idea that you dont have to pvp in the dalaran sewers with a bodyguard.
    You get ported directly into the arena at the end of the quest. You cannot hire a bodyguard there and if you get unlucky and it's when the guards aren't around, everyone will be flagged, including you. It's annoying, but really not that huge a deal. Why Blizzard has free for all PVP in any area on a PVE server is the question.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I've done the warlock class campaign too and at no point was I teleported to the pvp area in Dalaran. The entrance to the class hall is right outside that area, did you go into the pvp area, get flagged and killed and are now complaining because you went to the wrong area?

Enough of the personal attacks and bickering. Focus on the discussion, please and thank you.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilos View Post
    Well I just followed the questline and aftewr I got the weapon it just sent me baci in some arena thing or something under Dalaran where everyone was pvp:ing. not like I had a choice
    Give 5g to the Guard Captain and buy a body guard. No PvP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I've done the warlock class campaign too and at no point was I teleported to the pvp area in Dalaran. The entrance to the class hall is right outside that area, did you go into the pvp area, get flagged and killed and are now complaining because you went to the wrong area?
    he's talking about the destro artifact quest line. Not the class hall campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post
    Enough of the personal attacks and bickering. Focus on the discussion, please and thank you.
    Serious question. What is there to be discussed? This thread appears to be a question to blizzard, who has had the same realm types since release and clearly believe that pve servers should have optional pvp content. This whole thread is nothing more than I died and I'm upset so I'm going to post about it on the forums. There is no where to go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    I just wish the LFD tool would give you a warning if joining a group will phase you to a PVP realm, OFC if it did then we all know people would avoid those groups, but that should tell Blizzard something >.>
    It does, you should read text that pops up in your game more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Deleted
    Look what clevin wrote. same issue

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilos View Post
    Nope it's a thread about having pve server where you can choose if you want to go pvp instead of being forced into it
    Then why did you not hire a bodyguard for 5gold if you didn't want to PvP?
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Deleted
    Serious question. What is there to be discussed? This thread appears to be a question to blizzard, who has had the same realm types since release and clearly believe that pve servers should have optional pvp content. This whole thread is nothing more than I died and I'm upset so I'm going to post about it on the forums. There is no where to go with it.
    It's more a discussion about a true pve server. If I had died only 1 time to forced pvp it would have been more of a bug report issue

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Then why did you not hire a bodyguard for 5gold if you didn't want to PvP?
    If you read the entire thread you will find the answer

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    Give 5g to the Guard Captain and buy a body guard. No PvP
    Please read the thread

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    he's talking about the destro artifact quest line. Not the class hall campaign
    Semantics. Still doesn't port him to pvp area

Deleted
    Well it did. Simple as that

the time it takes to buy a bodyguard in the sewers to be flagged out for pvp even in a pvp server, it`s like...what...10 seconds? see? solved it! we don`t need all this "lazy blizz make me a server truly pve cuz I`m too dumb to find a (very very EXTREMELY simple) solution of my own" crap

15+ Year Old Account
    Same thing that happened to Kilos and Clevin happened to me. At the end of Destruction artifact quest I got teleported back by the storyline to dalaran and ended up in lower Dalaran where I was immediately attacked by other players. I didn't die though since I fled but it was not what I expected from a PvE server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, yes, it does. Well, to the arena which is a PVP area if the guards happen to be on break.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryonic View Post
    Same thing that happened to Kilos and Clevin happened to me. At the end of Destruction artifact quest I got teleported back by the storyline to dalaran and ended up in lower Dalaran where I was immediately attacked by other players. I didn't die though since I fled but it was not what I expected from a PvE server.
    Thanks for sharing!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlokh View Post
    the time it takes to buy a bodyguard in the sewers to be flagged out for pvp even in a pvp server, it`s like...what...10 seconds? see? solved it! we don`t need all this "lazy blizz make me a server truly pve cuz I`m too dumb to find a (very very EXTREMELY simple) solution of my own" crap
    If you had bothered to read the thread you would have seen that the error you just made have been done several times. Not to be rude but it's all over the thread :P

10+ Year Old Account
    It ports you right into the middle of the underbelly. I don't think dying to someone is a big deal, but yeah, it certainly forces (very little) PvP on you if anyone happens to be around.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Come on let's not pretend it wasn't silly making the Underbelly a PvP area. If Blizzard wanted a PvP area in the main hub then it should've been an instanced area accessible by a portal.
    What I really don't get is why they made the BMAH down there. I guess it adds a level of excitment trying to win a bid and keep your bodyguard up at the same time.
    I do agree with others is they really try too hard at times to get people to like PvP by pushing them into PvP. But I am glad they resolved the accidental flagging issues