Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilos View Post
    Nope it's a thread about having pve server where you can choose if you want to go pvp instead of being forced into it
    Yeah, you had a choice. Two choices, really: a) leave and wait until someone else bribed the guards to go back to their posts, ending the PvP event in the Sewers; or b) bribe the guard yourself.

True PvE server? Lol man, you already play on a PvE, at least inform yourself about PvP areas. Where is the WAR on World of Warcraft?
    Underbelly has guards if you REALLY need to walk there. There is really few PvP areas if you play on a PvE.
    Why they do exist? So PvE people can experience PvP on little doses if they want.

You want what? Darkmoon ring to be PvE as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Yeah, you had a choice. Two choices, really: a) leave and wait until someone else bribed the guards to go back to their posts, ending the PvP event in the Sewers; or b) bribe the guard yourself.
    Neither of those two option are available to him.

Upon completing a certain Warlock quest, you get teleported from an instanced area to the middle of the Underbelly without warning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    People? READ THE DAMN THREAD. Otherwise you end up like this person and others, blathering about bodyguards when it's not a relevant point. Sheesh...

Deleted
    Please read the thread
    *shrug* can't be arsed. You don't have to PvP if you don't want. It's optional.
    However, it might be fun to get out of your comfort zone every now and then, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    *shrug* can't be arsed. You don't have to PvP if you don't want. It's optional.
    However, it might be fun to get out of your comfort zone every now and then, eh?
    So then you miss the point he is complaining about. Imagine doing a world quest and when you finish the quest it ports you to the center of the underbelly in dalaran, right in the middle of a big brawl at that. In this case, nothing you could do to stop being ported and thus gang banged, because you simple didn't know or expect to get ported.

Making a new server type is obviously over the top. Asking Blizzard to not port you there is a little more reasonable or just put a message in the class quest that says "At the end of this quest, you're most likely going to die! TROLOLOL"

I don't care for MMO PvP myself, even though I do the various PvP events from time to time. I just don't think this is the best way to get people out of their comfort zones. If anything, this just leaves a sour taste and enforces the dislike. Maybe give the warlocks a 2 min superman buff that lets them kill a few people on their way out of the underbelly.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2017-01-16 at 06:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Asking Blizzard to not port you there is a little more reasonable or just put a message in the class quest that says "At the end of this quest, you're most likely going to die! TROLOLOL"
    If anything, this is really all that needs to happen. It's a quest issue, not a server issue.

It's amazing how the "diehard pro PVP" players are the ones not paying attention to any detail on this thread.

I agree with this premise, Blizzard should stop forcing PVP on players. They should also stop forcing raids, mythics and even dungeons on people. The amount of repeat dungeons and even raids one must do to get profession quests done... Yeah, I get it, you like people to see all sides of the game, but it just gets tedious and annoying when I feel shoehorned into a really tight and constricting shoe.

More on the issue of PVP, and the famous world-PVP, I do not mind there being PVP quest areas for those that want to do PVP worldquests. I just hate the system with the timer upon entering them. If I take one step in, the timer starts. One would expect it to stop after taking a step back, but it doesn't. On many occasions one needs to run away for almost the entire duration of the timer for the timer to be removed. Besides, maybe they should start the timers after the flags on the paths leading to the area, a clear indicator, and not randomly before them.

PVP enabled underbelly is one of the stupidest ideas Blizzard had in this expansion. There is so much PVE content sending you in there, and I bet many of the players going there on a quest (profession for example) have no idea about the mechanics in there. Not all people read all info on the game. And the indicators in the area aren't really that great once you enter.

It's almost as if Blizzard wanted to give the griefing gankers some free jollies by sending low level PVE players into harms way. After all, PVP STV is such legendary fun that it surely needs to be recreated in a small confined space in a sanctuary city!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    So then you miss the point he is complaining about. Imagine doing a world quest and when you finish the quest it ports you to the center of the underbelly in dalaran, right in the middle of a big brawl at that. In this case, nothing you could do to stop being ported and thus gang banged, because you simple didn't know or expect to get ported.
    Yeah. huge trauma I'm sure. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    So there's a bad quest out there. Fix the quest?

Why do we need to petition for TRUE, PURE servers? That's just silly.

Deleted
    Well it did. Simple as that
    No it didnt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grofatso View Post
    Not all people read all info on the game.
    Then these silly people deserve to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    No it didnt.

- - - Updated - - -

Then these silly people deserve to die.
    You already have shown you did not even read the thread before being a dick about it.

However, you do realize that it's pretty much impossible for most people to keep up to date on every feature of the game. Not all people read MMO-C or other such sites. Not all people treat the game like that, it's a hobby, and on PVE server it's PVE hobby. Or so one would think.

But who am I kidding. You really do not realize this nor do you wish to actually discuss anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grofatso View Post
    However, you do realize that it's pretty much impossible for most people to keep up to date on every feature of the game. Not all people read MMO-C or other such sites. Not all people treat the game like that, it's a hobby, and on PVE server it's PVE hobby. Or so one would think.
    Should we also have a server that doesn't have any dungeons? Because I know plenty of PvE'er who are really miffed about having to run a dungeon to get a crafting recepie. They absolutely hate group content and just want to level toons and solo quest. Should we then also have a REALLY TOTALLY PURE PvE server?

Deleted
    Well I just followed the questline and aftewr I got the weapon it just sent me baci in some arena thing or something under Dalaran where everyone was pvp:ing. not like I had a choice
    You always have the choice not to do the quest.

And in the underbelly you can buy a personal bodyguard for 5g that protects you for 5 minutes. Or you simply activate the guards. You are not forced into PvP. You chose to go there, unprotected. You know, you can always bring some friends to help you, if all else fails.

10+ Year Old Account
    *shrug* can't be arsed. ?
    Then You cannot add much value if you're making points that have no fucking relevance to the discussion. You're just noise at that point.
    Last edited by clevin; 2017-01-16 at 07:35 PM.

Should we also have a server that doesn't have any dungeons? Because I know plenty of PvE'er who are really miffed about having to run a dungeon to get a crafting recepie. They absolutely hate group content and just want to level toons and solo quest. Should we then also have a REALLY TOTALLY PURE PvE server?
    My answer would be to give player options.

In this case, let's say the recipe/ingredient drops from a dungeon, or a solo scenario, or a world boss or some other way. Options, not shoehorning. Those possibilities already exist in the game, Blizzard just chooses not to use multiple sources for an item.

It's possible after some Warlock quests to get teleported close enough to the PvP sewer arena to get flagged since the Warlock class hall portal is inches away from the sewer arena. Nothing wrong with the server, no need to pretend the sky is falling, jeebus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polygnome View Post

And in the underbelly you can buy a personal bodyguard for 5g that protects you for 5 minutes. Or you simply activate the guards. You are not forced into PvP. You chose to go there, unprotected. You know, you can always bring some friends to help you, if all else fails.
    FUCKING HELL PEOPLE READ THE DAMN THREAD.

You do NOT have the option to not do the quest if you want the destro artifact. That's what we're talking about here.

For the 19th fucking time, you CANNOT hire a bodyguard for this since it ports you *directly* into the arena area, not near an entrance where you DO have that option. If you're unlucky, the guards will be on break and there will be a ton of people around, PVPing... and you auto flag when you're ported in. On top of that, you have a loading screen so it's likely you're there for others to hit before the screen is loaded.

Folks, when you reply like this you just look idiotic. Try not looking idiotic and at least read the OP and understand what the topic is all about.

Quote Originally Posted by Polygnome View Post

Another person who can't into reading. Try it, really try to read what you are commenting on before commenting.

Nope it's a thread about having pve server where you can choose if you want to go pvp instead of being forced into it
    So, there is one questline.. that happen to break this.. and it is somehow so game breaking to you.. that you have to whine?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    I'm on a pvp server, but I agree that world pvp is largely pointless and caters to the people who really have nothing else to do but run around in stealth killing people by surprise, then popping a speed boost and running away if they actually get in a real fight. It's the worst part of the game.
    I have not meet a single person doing this in legion.. and I try to do as many of the PvP WQ as I can.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Quote Originally Posted by Chrus View Post
    So, there is one questline.. that happen to break this.. and it is somehow so game breaking to you.. that you have to whine?
    It's the principle, PVE server shouldn't force one to PVP.

There are other cases for this too. And I do know people who really despise PVP, and getting ganked really ruins the feeling for them. That is why they have chosen a PVE server. That PVE part should then actually mean something.