Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Unhappy WoD MM Hunter: "Its Fun"

I'm just looking at videos of Marksmanship Hunters from last expansion. Oh how the developers screwed it up so much. The spec and class overall used to be so much fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y39b--ofwys

10+ Year Old Account
    It was fine until the 7.1.5 changes. That's what ruined the spec.

Being brokenly overpowered is fun I guess.

No. It was fun just generating focus, and spending it without having to worry about crappy clunky mechanics like "Vulnerable". It was fun casting Aimed Shot while moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Azlo View Post
    /thread.

every ability is instant, then you had like 1 ability that wasn't but you could move and cast, skill cap virtually non existant, planned movement dps non existant, you're supposed to keep up your mastery but its trash so avoid mastery gear and just keep moving!

if we go from seeing 5 mages and 4 mm hunters in every raid to 1 mage and 1 hunter, i'd say legion is a huge success.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    /thread.

every ability is instant, then you had like 1 ability that wasn't but you could move and cast, skill cap virtually non existant, planned movement dps non existant, you're supposed to keep up your mastery but its trash so avoid mastery gear and just keep moving!

if we go from seeing 5 mages and 4 mm hunters in every raid to 1 mage and 1 hunter, i'd say legion is a huge success.

Totally bro, because Norgannon's Foresight isn't a thing? Or Ice Floes? Or beast Shadow Priest DPS basically being able to move while casting while doing 80% of their total damage? Right, planned movement. Wait, how many DoTs do MM Hunters have? One non-spammable one that isn't even much better than Volley, and Black Arrow is sooooo good.

We went from 5 mages and 4 hunters in every raid to 1 mage, 1 hunter, 5 shadow priests, 5 demon hunters, and 5 rogues. Great observation, FOTM is always going to be the most represented.

Quote Originally Posted by cLax0n View Post
    I'm just looking at videos of Marksmanship Hunters from last expansion. Oh how the developers screwed it up so much. The spec and class overall used to be so much fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y39b--ofwys
    Yes, HFC MM was great. Probably the best it has ever been.
    That is with the 4 set bonus of course. They should just have made that set bonus baseline and they would have had a great spec.

For some reason though, Blizzards fantasy when it comes to marksmen or snipers is that they should toss snakes at people and use machineguns. It is odd and not fun at all.

It does not help that BM was made to be the most boring spec of any class in the game since TBC and survival made into melee (not ever touching that).

Hunter was pretty much ruined in Legion.

Except it wasn't overpowered. DPS was average, but it least it was fun to play.

As much as I enjoyed that iteration, the 4pc was OP in all fairness. Damage that normally took 3 gcds done in one? Of course it's a huge damage boost, let alone mobility. It went counter to the whole point of Sniper Training, which is why they brought back standstill Aimed. The only reason standstill Aimed is even a problem now is the 7.1.5 "improvements"; prior to that it was fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by cLax0n View Post
    Totally bro, because Norgannon's Foresight isn't a thing?
    you lost it here, i don't know of any casters going yay i got these boots!

And then it's all like https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/8

Even before HFC, MM was fun. Sniper training as it was in WoD punished unnecessary movement but a decent hunter could keep it up 99% of the time while still avoiding mechanics. The whole idea of arcane shot being the generator is just downright rubbish. I could see it when Cobra and Steady shot were too similar but NEITHER exist in Legion, so what gives?

I honestly believe they're just trying to force people off of ranged hunters or onto more melee to try and balance out class representation. Not realizing or caring that there is a valid melee/ranged raid split and some people have been in the same raid groups for 8 years.

If you ever did Killrog in HFC with 1-2 ranged you know how awful they can design fights to pretty much require a decently balanced ranged/melee dps representation.

you lost it here, i don't know of any casters going yay i got these boots!
    Probably the same percentage as MM Hunters who'd be happy to get the new legendary gloves?

Untouched wod mm would be great in legion. I mean chimera shot - aimed shot - generator(arcane or steady shot doesnt matter) - windburst and a dot or bleed would be great in mm's arsenal. Whole sniper fantasy could be baked in these shots. Instant and mobile aimed shots were op, blizz could put talents into which might increase spec's mobility.

/thread.

Every class has a higher skill cap than you imagine they have. Look at difference of parses per ilvl bracket stand point :P Not everyone with equal gear does same dps.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

HFC MM was perfect and the designer who decided it needed a redesign is retarded

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    Not everyone with equal gear does same dps.
    yeh rng, procs, getting a raid mechanic on you, how much single target your raid does, how fast the boss dies, how much aoe your raid does.

they all factor in just as much as skill to affecting your overall dps.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    It was fine until the 7.1.5 changes. That's what ruined the spec.
    Sidewinders was a band aid to a horribly designed shitheap of a spec. All 7.1.5 did was expose how awful the base kit of MM is.

WoD MM: Mobile and top of chart DPS

Legion MM: Immobile bottom of charts (Barrage is nerfed, Windburst + AiS not CWM unless LNL proc or new leg which LnL is only for cleave/AOE)

Middle ground ???
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.