Never Ending Changes.... Aka Hotfixes

Enough is enough. I feel like there is a hotfix that is getting pushed out almost daily now. Buff this... Nerf that...

Come on. Get it together.

Why? It's not uncommon for games to deploy hotfixes on a regular basis. I don't see the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by vetteklr View Post
    Enough is enough. I feel like there is a hotfix that is getting pushed out almost daily now. Buff this... Nerf that...

Better to try to fix than to leave something broken.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you'd rather have them take longer to make changes? People will complain about anything and everything...

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    So you'd rather have them take longer to make changes? People will complain about anything and everything...
    I have to assume he's one of the SPs who didn't want to be brought in line with everyone else.

Deleted
    the problem is they are retarded buf this 10% oh wait to much lets nerf 5%

I don't have problems with hotfixes. I have problems when they make changes larger than 10% of several spells. That tells me they were way off the mark. Repeatedly. They need to reexamine what's going on here and why they need such dramatic changes so as to prevent this kind of discrepancy in the future.

I'm referring specifically to hotfixes and not larger patches where trinkets or items can change things largely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Better to try to fix than to leave something broken.
    they are the ones who broke them

10+ Year Old Account
    Hotfixes are a normal part of a constantly evolving system like World of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by superblink View Post
    And? It happens. WoW isn't the only MMO exclusive to having things break or consistent hotfixes.

So because they made the mistake themselves they should just ignore it? Do you also wear your pants on your head?

Sure, they are the ones that broke it, but that's even more of a reason for them to try to fix it. You're telling me if you mucked something up at your job, you wouldn't try/want/have to fix it?

How often they fuck things up is a different story, but the reality of it is that game design/balancing is very difficult, especially when there are competing groups of people that want different things. Survival may suck for some people and may be the stupidest decision Blizzard has ever made, but for other people it's an awesome new way to play their character. It's impossible to satisfy everyone, and sometimes we/you are in the group that isn't satisfied.

Folks wanted more fixes quicker. *Other* folks wanted things to stay the same except for major updates. One side is always going to be disappointed.

I personally would like to see weekly tweaks. I'm partial to only buffs and only nerf something that is grossly out of whack. So Hunters get a 1% this week and then 1% again next week, until they are aligned with everyone else. That means some classes get nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    I don't have problems with hotfixes. I have problems when they make changes larger than 10% of several spells. That tells me they were way off the mark. Repeatedly. They need to reexamine what's going on here and why they need such dramatic changes so as to prevent this kind of discrepancy in the future.

I'm referring specifically to hotfixes and not larger patches where trinkets or items can change things largely.
    the problem is they are retarded buf this 10% oh wait to much lets nerf 5%
    This... Is one of the major problems. It's like a roller coaster with the changes. A revolving door if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    I'd rather them work towards getting it a bit "closer" the first time. I agree with most or all of the changes. Especially if they are bringing damage back in line. I primarily pvp so that's where I look at things. Seeing blizzard push out patches that buffs an ability and then nerfs them within 24 hours by 10-15 percent, or even 100% as we've seen is a bit ridiculous. I've played MANY MANY games where balance just existed. Never have I played a game where I've seen so many changes within such short periods of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Drattz View Post
    I have to assume he's one of the SPs who didn't want to be brought in line with everyone else.
    Bad assumption. I currently main MW/WW. I've never complained about any changes made to one specific class, even if it was my own. The overwhelming damage output by many classes is bothersome. But honestly, I just roll with it. Because we have the same ridiculousness on our team.

Deleted

No exactly opposite. I wish they had weekly number tuning releases. Then these changes wouldn't cause such a head trauma every god damn time.

I don't mind fixing broken issues. And badly broken issues fast.

I just wish they'd not break stuff so much. They do get feedback on issues yet choose to ignore it and then have to fix it on live. Which is dumb.

Also, tuning stuff instead of silly swings from one extreme to another is more preferred.

So? They should leave it broken, I guess?

Things change, it is hard to assess player competency and execution. the difference between the top 1% of say a boomkin and the lower teirs can be drastic. Just cause 4 people in the world can make a boomkin pull 600K on a fight due to their near flawless execution while the more acceptable average is say 400K. How do you suppose they should balance this class on the others with very little to no sample size? As people play, learn fights better, learn their class better and keep on keepin on they get better or learn how to pop out more dps maybe blizzard only expected the average on a normal fight to be 350K and they thought they tuned them to fall in the 350K but behold, boomy players on average did good. Now on the same fight on Mythic boomkins are expected to pull 500K but they only pull 425K. Seeing these numbers show 2 different stories if you take the initial week of logs, omg nerf boomy by like 50K dps. If you waited a month or 2 to do something then omg boomy weak pls buff so their not useless..

Not any class can be Rock bottom on EVERY fight or tippy top on EVERY fight,

They can run as many sims as they want but no player can play 100% perfectly, thus some adjustment is needed for the average skill level which still taking into account Low skill and high skill players. It's a never ending balancing game and needs to be done frequent if you don't want 1 class to be the end all answer to every question for months on end.

Part of the problem is that current numbers are always or generally balanced around the current raid tier and the types of battles/mechanics they incorporate. A raid tier with heavy aoe obviously makes certain specs appear better than others just as a tier with lots of movement will favor some or one with more patchwerk style fights. Then of course you have player competency to factor into the equation. Balance is the golden unicorn riding a rainbow into perpetuality in any mmo. The problem is when one spec sits at the very top tier after tier while a couple others sit at the bottom perpetually. That should not happen.