Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebull View Post
    Read the majority of this thread.

The big issue with this statement is no one ever said it was illegal to protest. The law states that people protesting in streets ( highways ) are intentionally putting themselves in danger. Which... they are. Period. So if that law passes... get a permit to protest in the street.

Problem. Solved.
    This is the 3rd time I've had to say this: Permits don't magically stop people from getting hit by cars.

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    So you're driving along Route 5. Texting on your phone, not paying attention to the road. Just basically being a hazard to everyone around you.

Since you're texting and not paying attention, you don't see the protesters standing in the road, blocking traffic. You plow through them, killing 3 people, just as you're completing your text.

Not sure that I agree with the driving getting off with no charges.
    In some states texting and driving will you get a ticket so he should get that.

Quote Originally Posted by Netscape View Post
    The law only protects you if it is unintentional, though would be fine if it were intentional as well. If you want to jump into the middle of a road for your cause, you knew and accepted the risks.
    Pretty much this.

I felt the same way about combat while deployed.

If a insurgent gets his head blown off while shooting at me....thats on him.

He chose to pick up that gun and shoot at me....just as i made that same decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    How exactly will we prove it wasn't unintentional? Anyone could claim they glanced away for a moment and boom...it's not like that doesn't happen now.
    If someone jumps out in the street, they are responsible for what happens to them. Now if the driver swerves 40 feet over and hits them, then that would be different.

So you're driving along Route 5. Texting on your phone, not paying attention to the road. Just basically being a hazard to everyone around you.

Since you're texting and not paying attention, you don't see the protesters standing in the road, blocking traffic. You plow through them, killing 3 people, just as you're completing your text.

Not sure that I agree with the driving getting off with no charges.
    If youre worried about it.....dont stand in the freeway

Quote Originally Posted by Miztickow View Post
    A permit isn't going to magically stop someone from getting hit by a car.
    Are you really comparing someone stopping emergency vehicles (thus endangering lives) and preventing people from going to work (causing them harm), with gay marriage? Gay marriage doesn't harm anyone else in any way, you can't say the same for the person bleeding out in an ambulance.

If someone jumps out in the street, they are responsible for what happens to them. Now if the driver swerves 40 feet over and hits them, then that would be different.
    Roads are for cars, not people

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    I would say the driver and protesters should share negligence. If you killed someone in part because you weren't paying attention while driving, I'd like to see some type of penalty. Really not sure how severe it should be. Haven't thought it out enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    If youre worried about it.....dont stand in the freeway
    We get it. Don't stand in the freeway. I agree.

But driving negligently and causing a death should be avoided as well.
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    And that's the thing, these deplorables think that they can use this shit to take out their opponents and since they think they themselves are law-biding citizens even when they are just terrorist scrum these type of laws won't effect them at all.
    Is that really called for? Calling people who disagree with you "terrorists"?

I would say the driver and protesters should share negligence. If you killed someone in part because you weren't paying attention while driving, I'd like to see some type of penalty. Really not sure how severe it should be. Haven't thought it out enough.
    ehh double fine if any injury is caused by it, if it's in an accident that's not 100% your fault.

7+ Year Old Account
    Blocking the road for some stupid protest that isn't going to do anything anyway (protesting is never effective, its success rate is crazy low) you deserve to get run over, I have work to do and a life to live. Quickest thing to get me to turn against your cause is to block me from my work

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    What kind of savage barbarian would propose that type of legislation? Does that mean we can run over cops who have people pulled over on the side of the road? Or we can speed up to hit people crossing? This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen.
    How stupid would one have to be to not understand the wording of that law? I'd say pretty stupid.

Clearly it says "if you accidently run someone over (who is on a road they aren't supposed to be on) you aren't held liable".

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    Police Officer: Sir, do you know how fast you were driving?
    Driver: About 65 miles per hour.
    Police Officer: And did you see how many protesters you hit?
    Driver: Sorry no.
    Police Officer: Well you killed 5 protesters and injured 8 others...
    Driver: Ok I admit it, I was texting.
    Police Officer: Well I'm sorry sir, but I'm going to have to issue you a ticket

- - - Updated - - -

Hey now, some of these people might identify as automobiles
    Last edited by Venant; 2017-01-16 at 07:40 PM.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Why you guys have to come up with imaginary scenarios that never actually happen in reality I don't know, maybe because you have an agenda and can't handle that reality does not support your morbid thought process?
    I didn't come up with this, its actually happened.

These rabid protesters have impeded emergency services, endangering the lives of those they are helping, and even endangers the lives of emergency personnel themselves such as when the feral vermin cut fire hoses in Ferguson and Baltimore.

Plus you've no doubt seen the hundreds of videos of what happens to people who dare stop in the middle of these mobs - the are lucky to escape alive.

This shit is real, its not some manufactured outrage.

These "protesters" have an active conscious mindset to disrupt and destroy.

Their actions are more closely related to terrorism than they are to protesting.

We need laws like this to protect people, such as myself, who would have no hesitation nor moral objection to running through an entire crowd of people in order to save myself or my loved ones.

Roads are for cars, not for butt-hurt terrorists.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

I agree with you, but going out of your way to hit someone who isn't blocking your immediate path is being an asshole.

I agree with you, but going out of your way to hit someone who isn't blocking your immediate path is being an asshole.
    Agreed. I wouldn't intentionally hit them, but i wouldnt risk flipping my car to avoid them either.

I wouldn't intentionally hit a dog, but im jot going to risk my life to avoid it either, same thing.

A little girl was assaulted by a maniac and try to stop a car to escape.
    NOW you dont have to stop and maybe getting killed or run away and look like a coward : you just run over her. Great

=)

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I don't think protesting is generally designed to in and of itself change everything, but rather call attention to an issue and force people to pay attention to it. Whatever people may think of BLM and the protests that took place over the last couple of years, action was taken in response to the unrest to address an issue that had previously been left to fester out of sight. This serves as a pretty convenient example of how creating noise and generating awareness can instigate change.
    What change is that?

All it did was piss people off and made the protesters look juvinelle

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Reminds me of the Oklahoma woman that just got life for killing 4 people during a parade. She was having personal issues and didnt exactly intend on killing 4 people, but she still acted negligently enough that it was worth a long prison sentence. One wonders how this law would apply to her.

- - - Updated - - -

What if someone kills people during parades though? Parades technically obstruct street use, even though they are allowed to be there because permits.
    You really trying to compare a Parade to a group of dumb fucks just standing across a busy highway for no other reason that to fuck your day over for no other reason that someone elses life being better than his/her life?

No, like the person you quoted, zero fucks will be givin.

Are you really comparing someone stopping emergency vehicles (thus endangering lives) and preventing people from going to work (causing them harm), with gay marriage? Gay marriage doesn't harm anyone else in any way, you can't say the same for the person bleeding out in an ambulance.
    We're talking about event permits...idk where the fuck you got gay marriage from in this conversation...