Page 35 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakoth View Post
    I commend you for getting yourself out of that situation, but you need to realize you are part of a minority. And your also mis-quoting me: It should be: "Oh I am sorry life has been easier for me then you. Let me help you improve your situation, because why, life wasn't fair to you."

I believe that tuition should be free, because that is the only way that a hard working individual, regardless of background, can break out of his situation. I agree with you that handouts, just for the sake of handouts, need to be curtailed. But something like health insurance (Not someone's fault they got sick) and tuition should be taken care of. Only then can we truly say: We gave you all the tools, and you did nothing with them, that's on you.
    Tuition my opinion is up for debate. I say that because we already have a problem with people being pushed through school for educations sake. People that need to be held back. Despite my anger towards ACA I do believe our healthcare system needs a major overhaul. It's BS that someone has to pay $150 for A pill. The only way to truly make it work is to insure that all health care insurance and Hospitals are non-profit. Let private practice remain for profit but the banks and investment brokers need to be removed from the picture. Your the first person to even ask in this dialogue btw.

Also, i maybe the exception but the standard that should be looked. I am tired of this treatment of people as though they are second class citizens because things happen. We all have things happen we need to start pulling ourselves out of these cutters and see that it can be done.

Your article indicates a study but provides no math or statistical data other than a quote. Or the source of "Coopers" data whoever that is.
    Last edited by Fenius; 2017-01-16 at 07:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Medicare is soliacized medicine, idiot.
    No not, really. Socialized medicine would be completely paid for by the Government through taxes. Medicare has premiums, and costs fall onto senior citizens before the Government. It's okay to not understand the nuisances of what you're talking about though, bro.
    Last edited by mmocdf810d1583; 2017-01-16 at 07:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therionn View Post
    Uh, kay? She doesn't want Government touching her medicare to support socialized medicine. What's the problem?
    If it has to be explained, then you too are one of "those people".
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    A Trump supporter. Don't be one if you don't like what supporting him says about you.
    What does being one say about me? That I don't like getting talked down to because I don't think the Government is the solution every single problem in the whole wide world? Okaaaaaaay

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    If it has to be explained, then you too are one of "those people".
    Lol, it doesn't have to be explained. Medicare is not socialized medicine, bro.

What does being one say about me? That I don't like getting talked down to because I don't think the Government is the solution every single problem in the whole wide world? Okaaaaaaay
    It says you support a bigot, a racist, someone who makes fun of disabled people, a sexist, it also says you are of low intelligence because you believe global warming is a Chinese conspiracy to sell solar panels and that Obama was born in Kenya, among many other unflattering things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

It says you support a bigot, a racist, someone who makes fun of disabled people, a sexist, it also says you are of low intelligence because you believe global warming is a Chinese conspiracy to sell solar panels and that Obama was born in Kenya, among many other unflattering things.
    This is perhaps the funniest troll I have ever seen. Because no amount of logic deduces this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Medicare is not socialized medicine, bro.
    Of course dear, whatever you say. /pat
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Fenius View Post
    This is perhaps the funniest troll I have ever seen. Because no amount of logic deduces this.
    Sure it does.

This isn't someone saying "You know, I really disagree with Trump's tax policy, but I like his other qualities and policies, so I'll vote for him."

This is someone supporting a candidate who mocked a disabled person on national television. If you support him after that, you're agreeing that his behavior is acceptable. If you want to claim he wasn't mocking him ( ) then pick from any number of other abhorrent things Trump has done and substitute it in the previous sentence.
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    No not, really. Socialized medicine would be completely paid for by the Government through taxes. Medicare has premiums, and costs fall onto senior citizens before the Government. It's okay to not understand the nuisances of what you're talking about though, bro.
    It's administered by a centralized government. It takes from some, and gives to others.

It's more socialized than it is not.
    Eat yo vegetables

Deleted
    Well Hillary Clinton was (insert buzzword here).

I voted for Trump in the general election because I believe in the second amendment, I don't want a liberal activist supreme court, and I felt like Trump would latch onto conservative policies that I agree with for the most part. Also I'm in the military, and I wanted someone that would be good for the military. So far he hasn't disappointed, other than when it comes to Russia. I believe that climate change is real, wouldn't say it's as drastic as climate activists, AND I don't think it is preventable (I mean, according to climate scientists we weren't supposed to be able to prevent it after 2015...) As for Obama's birthplace, it's America, sure.

But really, I gotta say it, I mostly voted for Trump because liberal tears make me happy

Sure it does.

This isn't someone saying "You know, I really disagree with Trump's tax policy, but I like his other qualities and policies, so I'll vote for him."

This is someone supporting a candidate who mocked a disabled person on national television. If you support him after that, you're agreeing that his behavior is acceptable. If you want to claim he wasn't mocking him ( ) then pick from any number of other abhorrent things Trump has done and substitute it in the previous sentence.
    Can you provide some quotes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Lmao. I'm glad you have free health care in Canada. Too bad it's extremely flawed and requires people to come to America to get real treatment.
    If only that was remotely true.

The reality is much different. We have private services in Canada, with no wait time and highly competent doctors. But everyone has access to everything required to live.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    It's administered by a centralized government. It takes from some, and gives to others.

It's more socialized than it is not.
    It's more entitlement than socialized healthcare

Well Hillary Clinton was (insert buzzword here).
    A terrible candidate? There are a lot of things we can insert here, none of them make Trump any less terrible.

I voted for Trump in the general election because I believe in the second amendment, I don't want a liberal activist supreme court, and I felt like Trump would latch onto conservative policies that I agree with for the most part. Also I'm in the military, and I wanted someone that would be good for the military. So far he hasn't disappointed, other than when it comes to Russia. I believe that climate change is real, wouldn't say it's as drastic as climate activists, AND I don't think it is preventable (I mean, according to climate scientists we weren't supposed to be able to prevent it after 2015...) As for Obama's birthplace, it's America, sure.
    So, you're a climate change denier.

But really, I gotta say it, I mostly voted for Trump because liberal tears make me happy
    ...what a sad reason to vote for someone for President.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you provide some quotes?
    https://www.google.com/search?q=trum...w=1459&bih=906

Take your pick, there are thousands of examples.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    If only that was remotely true.

The reality is much different. We have private services in Canada, with no wait time and highly competent doctors. But everyone has access to everything required to live.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/bacchus...b_9646872.html

I don't agree with the liberal solution offered in the article, but, apparently it's pretty bad... According to Canadian liberals.

- - - Updated - - -

A terrible candidate? There are a lot of things we can insert here, none of them make Trump any less terrible.

- - - Updated - - -

How was it sad? I'm still reaping the rewards!

And clearly I'm a climate denier despite believing in climate change. Good catch, bro! d

- - - Updated - - -

So you do not like a man that speaks his mind. Because you know you never say stupid things right? As for the reporter I am interested to know if you have ever done the same?

How was it sad? I'm still reaping the rewards!
    We'll see what tune all of Trump's supports are singing four years from now. I'll wager it will be a really different tune after he goes down as the most authoritarian and dystopian President in history, and it takes another generation to redo all the social progress we've made in the last ~20 years.

- - - Updated - - -

So you do not like a man that speaks his mind. Because you know you never say stupid things right? As for the reporter I am interested to know if you have ever done the same?
    I'm not seeking to be elected to represent 300+ million people, so if I say something stupid, I'm the only person affected.

And no, I don't mock disabled people to get laughs out of my friends.

- - - Updated - - -

And clearly I'm a climate denier despite believing in climate change. Good catch, bro! d
    You don't believe it's as dramatic as "activists" (i.e. scientists) say it is, or believe it's reversible (despite scientists saying it is.)

That is climate change denial.

Deleted
    We'll see what tune all of Trump's supports are singing four years from now. I'll wager it will be a really different tune after he goes down as the most authoritarian and dystopian President in history, and it takes another generation to redo all the social progress we've made in the last ~20 years.
    I highly doubt it. And I'll oppose Trump on anything he does that I don't agree with, so will every Republican in Congress who all have histories of opposing the leaders of their own party. I don't prefer Trump over most of his opponents, just liberals.

I highly doubt it. And I'll oppose Trump on anything he does that I don't agree with, so will every Republican in Congress who all have histories of opposing the leaders of their own party. I don't prefer Trump over most of his opponents, just liberals.
    Trump and Congress are being led around on a leash by the same people. It's hilarious to me that people think Trump is some sort of Washington outsider and doesn't have all the same wealthy friends as all the other wealthy people in the US.

Trump is a billionaire's billionaire, he doesn't give a shit about poor people or Joe Mainstreet, and he's going to pave the way for corporate America to reap even more rewards while middle class Americans wither away.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not seeking to be elected to represent 300+ million people, so if I say something stupid, I'm the only person affected.

And no, I don't mock disabled people to get laughs out of my friends.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't believe it's as dramatic as "activists" (i.e. scientists) say it is, or believe it's reversible (despite scientists saying it is.)

That is climate change denial.
    Scientists have for years said that 2015 would be the point of no return, so I take their word for it. Climate activists can be scientists, sure. There is more than one view on the severity of climate change and how plausible it is to stop it. See, this is what happens when you decide to take a political hardline on science. It leads to useless activism on both sides.