Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Oh noes, the poor special shadow priests will actually be brought in line with the other mere mortal classes. The horrors. Poor wittle babbies

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    Oh noes, the poor special shadow priests will actually be brought in line with the other mere mortal classes. The horrors. Poor wittle babbies
    We'll see whether we're in line with other classes or if we're behind :-)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Starmind View Post
    Your opinion means jack.
    and you opinion means even less then his!
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    and you opinion means even less then his!
    Not really. Nerfs to priests in general won't affect him whatsoever since he doesn't do any hard content anyways, nor does it matter whether he keeps up with other classes or not.

Perhaps you're in a similar situation as he is, in which "hotfixes" like these don't matter to you, either.

It's funny.

You can clearly see those who rerolled SPs in legion because of the OP StM.

Then you can clearly see those braindead people that will try and stop any constructive discussions because their brain can't process logic.

SP were OP because of StM pre 7.1.5. We were/are too strong multi target after 7.1.5.

Nerfing Multitarget was expected and needed. No idea why they nerfed ST tho or stuff like shadow word : void. But oh well it's blizzard so I shouldn't be surprised anymore. I mean it's not like they've been told countless of times that StM would break the class right ?

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Starmind View Post
    No, you won't.
    yeah he will

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shonist View Post
    yeah he will
    Yeah in his LFRs he might actually, but then again you can top the dps as holy in LFR anyways.

I quit wow, come back and within a week I get nerfed. Sometimes I feel like Blizzard doesn't like when I play spriest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    Noone was doing 1 mil dps single target though. The nerfs were mostly justified(the dot damage anyway, the blanket nerf was unnecesary and even nerfed skills that were so bad they got no use) but trying to lie about how things really were is pretty silly, shadow was at best slightly above average on pure single target fights that were long enough for stm to not still be the way to go. The highest shadowpriest on guarm without stm is 650k and that's with double bis legendary(kinda triple with the arcanocrystal).

The nerf will definitely make us pretty bad on pure single target but luckily there are very few fights like that, although it definitely feels like the aura nerf to every ability was unjustified and simply just blizzard being lazy as there was no reason to nerf shadowcrash, a talent that mostly see use in mythic+, shadow word void that sees no use whatsoever or even mind blast/flay as the talent that synergies with those is already not a very good choice.
    Actually, a couple did break 1 mill on Xavius. I know it's a gimmick fight, but 1 mill is 1 mill.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Actually, a couple did break 1 mill on Xavius. I know it's a gimmick fight, but 1 mill is 1 mill.
    I didn't know xavius was a pure single target fight. And yes, very gimmicky fight where surrender is used, so hardly a good example.

about 8% nerf overall

spriests on fights with multi target or any amount of adds, they will still easily be on top. Even with a 10% upgrade #1 in your raid on something like M odyn is easily obtainable.

go be a hunter then complain lmfao

Some people prefer to not have to pad meters on adds to put up respectable numbers.

Like, I get the multi-target scaling was too good, for the one or two fights a tier where that's not just padding meters, but Blizzard could have easily nerfed multidotting while simultaneously buffing our single target. You know, make shadow balanced at both MT and ST. Our dots are our biggest single target source of damage, in addition to our multi-target, so just blindly nerfing dots without buffing ST is going to make the spec suffer greatly on any situation where single target damage on one target is important and spread damage isn't.

But no, Shadow is forever cursed to have their greatest asset also be their greatest liability..

Nerfs aren't that bad, i was expecting a lot worse. Sims only show a minimal dps loss in t19 gear, 630k -> 600k iirc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Minka View Post
    so many here don't know nothing, you look at top logs from mythic geared players where the boss lives 1-2 min becasue of overgearing this raid by 5 million miles already and say it is op rofl.
    More like 3-5 minutes, which isn't that short to make an excuse for OP dmg.

ahah this is one of the most funny threads i had to read after the coming balance hotfix. Shadow priest complainig about a little nerf lols.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    This nerf seems to be overdone. ~10-11% single target damage reduction, which will put shadow much behind i.e fire mages, which also happen to do shit ton of aoe damage compared to shadow priests even right now, before nerfs.

Due to surrender to madness, which was/is the problem itself, and which only helped during execute phase, they had to make shadow priests deal tank-level damage pre execute. And again due to surrender to madness, which helped only during raid boss encounters, to only above average skilled people, random simple minded people like the one I am quoting, came to hate shadow priests stating that shadow priests were special and they were out of line with other classes, when in fact, havoc demon hunters and fire mages were for example the true OP classes in this game pre and post 7.1.5, where they could do massive aoe, millions and millions of burst damage to multiple targets and millions of burst damage to single target making them top choices for from low mythic dungeons to high mythic dungeons, along with enough sustained ST damage to make them raid viable, making them virtually able to enjoy every bit of content during the entire expansion, while most other classes filled limited niches.

Surrender to madness cooldown was and is the problem for shadow priests, and this some people can't understand and for them heavy spell nerfs are more than welcome.

These nerfs are not as bad as they appear. They just make shadow priests touchable. A good shadow priest still will do crazy damage. I was doing 350k ST and i am 368ilvl with only 6000 haste. Add more targets and i was pretty high above the 2nd highest dps most of the time. It was needed, but spriests will be upper/middle pack.

These threads are like how people have reacted to the election. Moderates are chill-as-fuck, the hard left is doing unholy dances cause the sky is falling, and the hard right are laughing their asses off not realizing that they're wrong anyway.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a measure of scaling which can be taken in to account for bosses with adds? Like, it's pointless to see what a Patchwork log looks like when the closest boss we'll have to it is Krosus and that's an incredible stretch. Is there a way to mathematically factor how much each mob which doesn't die in four seconds can add? Does a Shadow Priest scale better with more targets than an Affliction Warlock? Are there diminishing returns when it comes to multidotting?

Just wondering. I don't take those sims with even a grain of salt for classes which are built around multi targeting even if they've been nerfed. All this tells me is that Shadow isn't great under circumstances which no longer occur in a raiding environment.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Is there a measure of scaling which can be taken in to account for bosses with adds? Like, it's pointless to see what a Patchwork log looks like when the closest boss we'll have to it is Krosus and that's an incredible stretch. Is there a way to mathematically factor how much each mob which doesn't die in four seconds can add? Does a Shadow Priest scale better with more targets than an Affliction Warlock? Are there diminishing returns when it comes to multidotting?

Just wondering. I don't take those sims with even a grain of salt for classes which are built around multi targeting even if they've been nerfed. All this tells me is that Shadow isn't great under circumstances which no longer occur in a raiding environment.
    Just a 1 mill HP add is enough to make shadow stronger because it allows you to proc Twist of Fate.
    The only "DR" with multidotting is how many globals you spend casting dots. At some point it just becomes non-optimal.

Also noticed that the profile on http://simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T19M.html is pretty bad for shadow, I'm pretty sure we are still on the upper half of the table on single target damage, that profile is using SC and shitty trinkets.