Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    This is a real shitshow of incompetence on your part. I've provided support for my claim in the form of both logic and facts, some of which you even explicitly agreed with. This is the burden. I have met it. If you disagree, you should attack what I've provided as support. Rather than do that, you continue to just flail your arms and make loud noises. This is a complete waste of my time.
    you have provided NOTHING. a video on youtube. whoop de fucking do! a video that does not address your false statements so whoop de fucking do again! this conversation of you knowing jack shit about how depot level maintenance works in the air force is tiresome. i see it every day. could i prove it? no, because you will say im making it up EVEN IF I TELL THE TRUTH. so whats the point in me wasting my fucking time trying to convince someone who obviously has their head lodged way up there where its dark and smelly?

If you can't even recognize an argument, then I have no idea why you bothered inserting yourself into the discussion. You don't have the requisite ability to meaningfully participate.
    so you would like me to write a paragraph based on anecdotal evidence? seeing that you know SO much about the military, you would also know that it is technically illegal for me to discuss operations with anyone who doesnt have clearance. look up opsec.....many other military folks here can collaborate that acronym. im not sayin that what we do is "so top secret" that it cant be discussed, but once again for the daft folks...
    A) im not supposed to
    B) YOU WOULDNT BELIEVE IT ANYWAY....

so in summation and my last post of wasting time with you, youre still wrong. you judge what you dont know. i admire that luxury to an extent. maybe one day, when you grow up, you will realize, that not everything is exactly the way you say it is because you have an opinion on it or because you "read it on the internet". therefore it HAS to be true.
    Last edited by MasterOfNone; 2017-01-16 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lol you must be joking...the poverty line is there to HELP people who dont have the money. so NO, poor people DONT pay more (even percentage wise) than people above the poverty line.
    And why the hell would they? They're fucking poor, i never even mentioned that. People making 15k a year are poor, and they pay taxes. Why are you even arguing that?

One thing is being poor, and a whole another thing is being unemployed, i believe you're confusing them. If you have a job, you pay taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    And why the hell would they? They're fucking poor, i never even mentioned that. People making 15k a year are poor, and they pay taxes. Why are you even arguing that?

One thing is being poor, and a whole another thing is being unemployed, i believe you're confusing them. If you have a job, you pay taxes.
    the statement was made that poor people pay taxes as well as if it was proportional and the should have a right to eat what they want. i disagree...its not hard to grasp. by the time you get dependents etc, you typically dont pay ANY taxes under that line so yeah their food stamps are being funded by the middle class.

the statement was made that poor people pay taxes as well as if it was proportional and the should have a right to eat what they want. i disagree...its not hard to grasp. by the time you get dependents etc, you typically dont pay ANY taxes under that line so yeah their food stamps are being funded by the middle class.
    If you want to help them, tell their employers to pay them enough to not need your hand outs.
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2017-01-16 at 02:35 PM.

Deleted
    So basically:
    the poor buy cheap food.

Shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    If you want to help them, tell their employers to pay them enough to not need your hand outs.
    oh im not totally disagreeing with this, for sure. this would depend on what type of work however.

oh im not totally disagreeing with this, for sure. this would depend on what type of work however.
    Anytime someone is legally employed full time, they should be paid at the very least enough by their employers to not need your handouts.

That helps them AND you.
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2017-01-16 at 02:43 PM.

Anytime someone is legally employed full time, they should be paid at the very least enough by their employers to not need your handouts.

That helps them AND you.
    cannot say i entirely agree but in a lot of cases yes that should be true.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I'm oppressed I can't eat this everyday:

Oh wait, tomorrow is Moe Mondays where a meal is only $5. Wooooo!
    I'm oppressed because stuff like this doesn't exist here. Given, we have some bomb-ass local mom-n-pop places. That looks pretty tasty, though. Probably isn't, and tastes like soap, though. (Damn you cilantro!)

That helps them AND you.
    100% agreed. Any pay low enough to require government aid is essentially the same thing as subsidizing the companies that pay that little. We certainly shouldn't be subsidizing places like Wal-Mart.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I really don't know why people keep insisting this. I can walk across the street right now and buy a pound of (pre-seasoned!) pork chops for $1.78, a pound of rice is less than a dollar, and a pound of frozen broccoli is about a dollar. Cook it up, season it, and you've got a pretty decent meal for 2-4 people (depending on size/hunger) for under $4, which is literally the cost of a bag of Doritos. There are many similar variants - chicken thigh, pasta, Brussel sprouts, for example. Pretty much any meal that consists of meat, starch, and something green is basically decent and can consistently be cheaply made.
    You seem to think that people on food stamps have time for a home cooked meal with their family. Let me run down my day for you when I was on food stamps during graduate school. 8 am - 12 pm my GA position (tuition waiver, no pay). I did get a lunch break. 1 pm - 5 pm my Internship position (class credit, no pay). 5 pm - 8 pm classes. So I need to make food I can take with me to lunch or microwave real quick, or snack on during the day. It's not exactly easy to make a home cooked meal. And if I want to spend my food stamps on an energy drink or soda to get through 12 hour days then I will... deal with it. It's my tax money coming back to me.

That helps them AND you.
    *only if their work is worth that - if not they should do something with their life instead whining all life how life is unfair yet refusing to get better and find better job,

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    It's not exactly easy to make a home cooked meal
    i really honestly hope you are joking because if you are not .... just wow. which part would be hard ? boiling rice and broccoli ? seasoning and searing of pork chop ? hard ? if that is hard i really wonder what your job is .

on the other hand if you find that "hard" no wonder your employers dont want to pay you more -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    . So I need to make food I can take with me to lunch or microwave real quick, or snack on during the day..
    its extremly simple - you make a portion in the evening put it into hermetic containers and then reheat it super fast in microwave - for example seasoned chicken pieces with rice and veggies - nice cheap healthy , easy to reheated meal .. seems like lazy excuses nothing more.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2017-01-16 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    only if their work is worth that
    If legally working full time for an employer is not worth being paid enough to not need hand outs from you, then that job should not exist to begin with for that employer.

EX: If you don't think someone who digs ditches for you full time is worth paying them enough to not need hand outs, then no one should dig ditches for you full time.
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2017-01-16 at 04:24 PM.

The military doesn't have part time employees. Business can do the same.
    Wow Look
    All four branches and the coast guard have part time service!
    http://todaysmilitary.com/joining/ty...litary-service

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Wow Look
    All four branches and the coast guard have part time service!
    http://todaysmilitary.com/joining/ty...litary-service
    Bloops! haha

10+ Year Old Account
    They're called "reservists".

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I'd rather let businesses just do business and have the government care about people. Reversing these roles is a recipe for slow motion economic deterioration.
    Id rather people care about themselves and not put the burden on the shoulders of other people. If you need more money get more work or negotiate for higher pay. Its not a business's responsibility, nor the taxpayers responsibility to make sure you live a comfortable life

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Take what you will from the article I suppose.
    There is no good reason why food stamps should be spent on soda.

EX: If you don't think someone who digs ditches for you full time is worth paying them enough to not need hand outs, then no one should dig ditches for you full time.
    lol you chose very bad example since i worked for couple of years as surveyor so i know extremly well how digging in soil (for surveing marks) is exhousting expecially if you dig in 30 + celcius or have to dig though frozen soil in -10 celcius ^^

also in nowadays time in civilised countries people usually dig ditches while using proffesional machines not with shovel and operator of such machine is making much better $ then minimum wage so quite poorly chosen example
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2017-01-16 at 08:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    This just goes to show how petty and pedantic nerds are, and why half of you if not more will die being virgins. The avg person probably spends more than 20% of their food money on junk food. So the problem here is what exactly? Not to mention fast food is cheap, so it makes perfect sense for poor people to buy cheap food. Again, what is the problem with this?

Poor people spend 1/5 of the food stamp money on cheap food. Who would have thought? Should have been closer to 40%.
    But junk food isn't cheaper in the short term and most certainly not in the long term. Eggs, beans, rice, chicken are all things that one can buy and easily feed a family with for less than you can at McDonald's.

- - - Updated - - -

The military is not a business and both contracts employees and then practically owns them. Having said that, I'm not convinced you're accurately describing the functioning of the US military with regards to employment and wages.
    This cannot be stressed enough. They don't have profit margins to meet. They are a money hole and any business that was run the same way would go out of business swiftly.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

The purpose of a business is to manage a service.

If you are unable to do that while ensuring your employees don't need handouts, you shouldn't be running a business and should instead be an employee.
    The purpose of running a business is to make money for the person running the business. If they're not making money they won't be running the business. Simple as. Managing services is what people do for government money which is endless in another way because unlike the government, businesses can't throw people in jail for not paying them as much as they want.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    So SNAP households are 2% worse at shopping than non-assisted households. Riveting.
    10% vs 8% isn't 2% worse, it's 20% worse.