Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Does it sound like the OP was saying anything against that?

The point was that it's more stupid than ever. Due to power difference being skyhigh (yes, higher than ever before, go figure, despite all the BS talk about PVP being more "fair" before the expansion).
    I agree being on the receiving end of being killed in approximately 2 seconds flat.
    But world pvp has never been about fairness.
    And I highly doubt it is going to change, as much as I don't like the way it is.

Instanced PvP in the name of balance already has a lot of restrictions.
    How would we then apply those in world PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    I agree being on the receing end of being killed in approximately 2 seconds flat.
    But world pvp has never been about fairness.
    And I highly doubt it is going to change, as much as I don't like the way it is.
    All due respect, you keep missing the point.

The point is that world PVP is *MORE* stupid than before, and noticeably so. Because the power difference is significantly bigger. It is true. One-shots and near-one-shots have been much rarer before, now they are way more frequent. But that's not all. Now there are also specs who won't die. That's anti-one-shot. That was not really happening before, but it happens now. 1v3 and 1v5 is not only not unheard of now, it's completely par for the course, it's no big news, you get no rolled eyes if you talk about that, you get "yeah, that's because that guy was prot / guardian / etc, and had full artifact". This was not the case before.

So, yes, world PVP was always unfair and it was always stupid. But the changes in Legion managed to make it noticeably more stupid than ever before. For real. That's quite an achievement if you think about it. I mean, yes, world PVP is a joke, but what we are saying here is analogous to "remember that girl Anna who had a new boyfriend every three months or so? she is now a full-time whore and does it for money".
    Last edited by rda; 2017-01-16 at 03:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are still some changes coming regarding PvP balance (from the last hotfix):

Additionally, we’re planning to make some general changes to PvP balance, with the intent of lowering overall damage from a few overperforming specs and talents. Those exact changes have not yet been finalized, but we’ll share them as soon as we are able.
    They should just enable some kind of dmg and healing reduction in WPvP, besides some obvious nerfs to certain classes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    There is no world PvP and there never was.

What we did have and still do is:

1. Ganking lowbies.
    2. Gank people that are questing and have no interest in your little gankfest.
    3. Gank 1 guy with your 3 friends.

In my 12 years in this game I have never witnessed any decent level of world pvp, only shitty gank fests when a person is at 2% health.

So stop your moaning.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xew3fJlX2gk
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EOnX6zKhL34

You Are looking the wrong places then.
    This is from Honor Capped outland (EU)

I have been playing since beta pre release of vanilla, and there have always been alot of wpvp where I have been playing.

Instanced PvP in the name of balance already has a lot of restrictions.
    How would we then apply those in world PvP.
    By activating these restrictions the moment you enter a PVP fight. That was being done before, too, it's not a new technique.

Deleted
    PVP world quests.
    ok new solution: don't do the pvp wqs then or do them in a grp if its not the arena ones. ez.

Glad Wpvp is dead. It was just a way for wannabe pvpers to kill undergeared people.

Agree with OP and it's not just WPvP that is broken, it is pvp in general. The attempt to make pvp into a "minigame" when in fact rated pvp and raids are the minigames and 'casual' pvp, both instanced and world, is what the majority of players do is at the heart of the issue.

This has nothing to do with "fairness" in terms of odds, meaning that you may be outnumbered or you may be lower level/gear against heavily geared foes. The fundamental problem with PvP is the lack of buildup and effort to big damage, notably by melee this time around. So many "one-shot macro" noobs running around...there's no strategizing or outplaying getting globaled in a stun (which can often be quickly reapplied if you trinket it).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Einst3in View Post
    transfer to a pve realm. problem solved.
    World PvP FFA Quests anyone? Also, there is virtually no Alliance left on my realm. You missed the entire point about how they introduced and promoted these quests and then managed to make it worse balance wise than ever before to the point where it is simply a miserable experience.

apparent "balance" that instanced is meant to have.
    It isn't fair, and isn't meant to be.
    There is "not fair" as in a group ganging up on a single player or a higher level player killing low levels and there is the most miserable PvP experience in this game I have ever seen in 10+ years of playing. Where the other things about World PvP are being used to excuse any and all short comings of it. Having the PvP Templates active in FFA Zones for starters would be tremendous improvement as horrid as they are. There is almost virtually no reason why they aren't.

By activating these restrictions the moment you enter a PVP fight. That was being done before, too, it's not a new technique.
    They have PvP World Quests, they have dedicated PvP World Quest Zones and they have Templates. Now templates have a bunch of issues of their own. For example they were introduced to allow them to address issues on the fly but they barely ever change anything about them, less often than PvE changes when the opposite should be the case. Yet they do not use them even in dedicated World PvP zones. It seems, odd?

ok new solution: don't do the pvp wqs then or do them in a grp if its not the arena ones. ez.
    I'm unsure if the only reason you are here is to agitate or whether you're a tank/dh.

I played a mage in vanilla and we were effectively unkillable in world pvp. The only thing that could kill us would be a very good spriest or a hunter that got the drop on us, but even then, it was majorly in our favour (yes, even without gear)

I played a hunter in TBC and no melee had a hope of catching us. You could run in a straight line, outranging all of their gap closers and just auto attack them down.

I played a hunter in WoTLK too, where it was trivial to beat level 80 melee and some range as a lvl 72 or so hunter. Shit, theres entire pvp videos dedicated to this fuckery.

I'm thinking hard now, i have 700k hks, im thinking and i can't find the area where world pvp was anything but ridiculous. Lets continue

I played most classes in Cataclysm and it was once again entirely down to gear and spec. My hunter in s9 gear regularly killed gear capped Cataclysmic Gladiators, unless they were ranged classes.

I played a warrior in MoP with high end gear, and literally made several world pvp guilds on Defias Brotherhood disband by duoing them down with my wife as arms. I could wipe entire 550 ilvl 10-20 man raids, solo dpsing, with a thunderclap and a reckstorm on my 588 ilvl arms warrior with some heals from my 588 ilvl MW wife. We also did this to Honor Capped, the infamous world pvp guild. As they were zoning into Defias Brotherhood from Outland, myself and my wife just stood there aoeing them down. Oh and if my wife got caught, don't worry , she just crackling jade lightninged them for 10% of their hp per tick

Oh lets go back to Cataclysm for a second, speaking of my wife, she on her dragon soul heroic gear capped boomkin could wipe entire alterac valley raids by herself. Anyone that played 4.3 RBGs can attest to the power of dot specs, especially boomkins

Now lets go onto WoD. Again, ranged curb stomp melee, melee curb stomp low mobility, tanks curbstomp melee, healers are useless, gear and spec supreme

Now we're in Legion - tanks are effectively gods, as per usual, people 2 hit each other, as per usual, and gear and spec reign supreme

Tell me the time when world pvp was fair, ever?

theres a reason world pvp crashed and burned the instant battlegrounds were released - because its inherently unfair. If i get the drop on a warrior in vanilla, he can't even charge me. He has to waddle to me, hope for rage or bloodrage (making him lose hp) just to intercept. If i get jumped by a warrior on my warlock, im just dead. No questions asked.

Theres is practically no scenario where the jumper loses to the jumped, the exception is gear. I've been jumped dozens of times in Legion, and lost almost no times - why? because i out gear them. They have literally no chance at all. There is no conceivable way for someone to overcome a 30-90 item level advantage unless the player is unspeakably fucking bad.

If world pvp is terrible because the only people you can beat are unspeakably bad players, then you're bad and need to gear up.
    Last edited by Sliske; 2017-01-16 at 11:44 PM.

Deleted
    Yes world pvp is often a one shot, the fight duration in legion is like 3 second, its crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post

You Are looking the wrong places then.
    This is from Honor Capped outland (EU)
    >Hodor Capped as reference of wpvp
    >kek

Quote Originally Posted by Rakkzul View Post
    >Hodor Capped as reference of wpvp
    >kek
    (That's what I thought. Same about cool story about "wiping 10-20 man raids" as a duo in MoP from the other guy - which amounts to at most some AOE into a camp of AFKers.)

(That's what I thought. Same about cool story about "wiping 10-20 man raids" as a duo in MoP from the other guy - which amounts to at most some AOE into a camp of AFKers.)
    Fun part is I played in Defias at the time, on a wpvp guild and never heard of him

After reading through this thread, I feel fortunate. I started playing WoW at the very beginning of BC on Firetree. My server was a blood bath. The Faction balance was pretty close and the rivalries were fierce. We had so many amazing WPvP battles.
    Including fights on the floating islands above Nagrand, where each death meant a spirit res unless you waited for a healer to come res you.

My fondest memories of WoW were the epic WPvP fights on Firetree that remained alive and well into Wotlk. Sunwell daily zone was the most fun I've ever had in any game PvPing.

Like I said, I feel fortunate. We actually knew each other by name. Some were feared, some were worshiped, some were reviled. But, WoW for us was a lot of fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    World PvP FFA Quests anyone? Also, there is virtually no Alliance left on my realm. You missed the entire point about how they introduced and promoted these quests and then managed to make it worse balance wise than ever before to the point where it is simply a miserable experience.
    I did not miss the point, I just know what to expect from blizz after all these years.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    wolrld pvp has been dead since vanilla, when they added bgs, world pvp only happened because there was no other place to pvp
    Speaking from what position?

On many realms, world PvP had communities where large-scale and small-scale group fights would take place, as well as solo world PvPers going around up until Legion.

Sure, it's never as been as big as it was in vanilla, but it was FAR from dead.

My old realm had quite a few guilds that only did world PvP and they had rivalries/drama going on that made it very interesting. All of the guilds were fairly large.

To say something so authoritatively and be so wrong...

Legion pretty much killed of world PvP due to the sharding and phasing.
    Last edited by Krusza; 2017-01-17 at 07:20 PM.

I say this as both a Vengeance DH and a BM hunter.

Yeah, world PvP is borked as fuck, on my DH, against anyone, I'm an unkillable god.
    On my hunter, regardless of who I'm up against, I'll either not be able to get a kill (because they're a healer and will easily outheal my damage) or they're going to kill me in a stun lock.

It's simply not fun, as soon as I'm done with the 20 of each "special pvp world quest" for the mount, i simply will not bother doing those again and merely stick to the warden towers.

It's not fun, it's not "lul its funny though cos its so broken!", it's just a mess that blizzard can say "we don't balance it to keep it wacky" for the sake of having one less thing to worry about balancing.

World PvP right now is a crapshoot, are you playing x class? You'll be unkillable! Are you playing y class? Have fun being farmed.

I did not miss the point, I just know what to expect from blizz after all these years.
    While I share the op's concerns, this is pretty much accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Krassz View Post
    My old realm had quite a few guilds that only did world PvP and they had rivalries/drama going on that made it very interesting. All of the guilds were fairly large.
    Come back Kras I miss u