15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

I really hope the battery life on the Joy-Con's is fucken amazing.
    Its 20 hours on a single charge. There really isn't a need to get the charge controller thing unless you want to waste $30. The Joy-Cons will charge just by being on the system when its docked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    Its 20 hours on a single charge. There really isn't a need to get the charge controller thing unless you want to waste $30. The Joy-Cons will charge just by being on the system when its docked.
    Unless you are some nutjob who is going to binge for over 20 hours straight.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    Unless you are some nutjob who is going to binge for over 20 hours straight.
    Personally I'd say you might as well dedicate the extra money and just buy extra JoyCons instead at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    They said the JoyCons have a 20 hour life span in that last article you posted.

So like i said, unless you're playing for 20 hours straight, or not docking them to charge after using them, you should be fine without the accessory.
    I missed that part, So that's good to know.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

This actually raises a concern for me. Does this mean the Joy-Cons are being charged when they're attached to the Switch while it's undocked? I expect THAT would eat up even more of the battery life than they're letting on. I don't think they would charge off of it while undocked, but you never know.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

I pre-ordered a system and Zelda CE on Friday, sure I have a Wii U but I like that this is portable and in the future will have more games I'm interested in. Could this see a price drop to $250 in the holiday season? Sure but it's only$50 and honestly $299 isn't much money and is rather cheap for a console release. I'm hoping they release a lot of strong titles as time goes on for this system but for now Zelda will do.

Anyone watch Jim Inquisition? He made a good point about their online subscription in that they are basically giving us nothing compared to PSN+ or XBL. What I didn't know was the 1 NES/Retro game we got with the online subscription would go away after the first month regardless if you keep paying or not. There's no counterpoint to that. It's stupid. Completely idiotic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    I pre-ordered a system and Zelda CE on Friday, sure I have a Wii U but I like that this is portable and in the future will have more games I'm interested in. Could this see a price drop to $250 in the holiday season? Sure but it's only$50 and honestly $299 isn't much money and is rather cheap for a console release. I'm hoping they release a lot of strong titles as time goes on for this system but for now Zelda will do.
    You shouldn't have to worry about a price drop happening in the first holiday season. There may be a bundle, but it won't be bundled with a hugely popular game in its first holiday season. They wouldn't want to cut into potential sales by including LoZ or Mario (during the first holiday). You'd be more likely to see something like 1,2, Switch or Snipperclips bundled in. If you wait until the following holiday season (2018), you're more likely to see AAA game bundles, but nothing that released recently (Perhaps Mario or LoZ as they would be out for more than a year at that point).

Quote Originally Posted by Vogyn View Post
    Anyone watch Jim Inquisition? He made a good point about their online subscription in that they are basically giving us nothing compared to PSN+ or XBL. What I didn't know was the 1 NES/Retro game we got with the online subscription would go away after the first month regardless if you keep paying or not. There's no counterpoint to that. It's stupid. Completely idiotic.
    Does it go away? It sounded like it was going to be monthly and stay.

Otherwise, we still don't know the price either, it might be something like a $1 a month even. Most likely not, but still.

There's only like, two Nintendo games worth playing online so far, and that's Smash and Splatoon.

Otherwise, we still don't know the price either, it might be something like a $1 a month even. Most likely not, but still.

There's only like, two Nintendo games worth playing online so far, and that's Smash and Splatoon.
    2 really. Smash 4 online is a shit show. It makes SFV netcode look good(and SFV has pretty bad netcode compared to MKXL and KI)

Mario Kart and Splatoon are both good online. Doubt I will rebuy Mario Kart 8 for $60 tho.

15+ Year Old Account

Currently the NES/SNES game will go away after the month unless you choose to buy it. Whether that stays or not, remains to be seen. I think they should just mirror what Sony and Microsoft do and allow you to keep the game as long as your subscription is active.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    2 really. Smash 4 online is a shit show. It makes SFV netcode look good(and SFV has pretty bad netcode compared to MKXL and KI)

Mario Kart and Splatoon are both good online. Doubt I will rebuy Mario Kart 8 for $60 tho.
    Eh, it's still fun at the very least.
    Frustrating at times, but worth playing.

Forgot about Mario Kart honestly somehow already.

Currently the NES/SNES game will go away after the month unless you choose to buy it. Whether that stays or not, remains to be seen. I think they should just mirror what Sony and Microsoft do and allow you to keep the game as long as your subscription is active.
    I was under the impression that's how it would work honestly.
    But then again, I don't consider the online feature worth it at all for Nintendo at this point in time.

You shouldn't have to worry about a price drop happening in the first holiday season. There may be a bundle, but it won't be bundled with a hugely popular game in its first holiday season. They wouldn't want to cut into potential sales by including LoZ or Mario (during the first holiday). You'd be more likely to see something like 1,2, Switch or Snipperclips bundled in. If you wait until the following holiday season (2018), you're more likely to see AAA game bundles, but nothing that released recently (Perhaps Mario or LoZ as they would be out for more than a year at that point).
    First holiday post launch for the Wii U had NSMBU and WWHD bundles.

First holiday post launch for the 3DS had OoT and 3DL bundles.

They won't bundle SMO as it's coming out then, but Zelda, Splatoon and Mario Kart all have VERY HIGH likelihoods of bundles this holiday.

It's kind of silly if they didn't change this.

Most games from that era aren't known to take you days to finish but still some games from that period are just slow (rpg's) and it would mean that you can't take you're time if you have to finish it right away.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    It's kind of silly if they didn't change this.

Most games from that era aren't known to take you days to finish but still some games from that period are just slow (rpg's) and it would mean that you can't take you're time if you have to finish it right away.
    That's not even enough in my opinion.

My ideal system for this would be something like, $8-10 a month, but FULL virtual console access for free while playing, and then online as a bundled in thing.

Or at least a large amount of the virtual console.

That's not even enough in my opinion.

My ideal system for this would be something like, $8-10 a month, but FULL virtual console access for free while playing, and then online as a bundled in thing.

Or at least a large amount of the virtual console.
    TBH semi agree here since at this point money they get from the pre-Wii games all should have made their money back at this point and having a emulator for those shouldn't have been that hard or expensive/

Most games from that era are garbage anyway and probably could be finished in a few hours of gaming but Nintendo is Nintendo and they don't really look that flexible to me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    First holiday post launch for the Wii U had NSMBU and WWHD bundles.

First holiday post launch for the 3DS had OoT and 3DL bundles.

They won't bundle SMO as it's coming out then, but Zelda, Splatoon and Mario Kart all have VERY HIGH likelihoods of bundles this holiday.
    The Wii U and NSMBU came out in November of 2012. The bundle you mentioned came out 1 year later, which is exactly what I said in the post you quoted. I'm basing this off my experience of working at Gamestop for 6 years. Wasn't the 3ds OoT bundle sold at a higher price than getting the 3ds by itself and done as part of the larger LoZ 25th anniversary? I had both at the time, so I'm not sure on that one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Speaking of bundles, one of the retail stores here put up a Zelda + Switch bundle. Though that may be their own "launch day combo" and not one created by Nintendo.

The Wii U and NSMBU came out in November of 2012. The bundle you mentioned came out 1 year later, which is exactly what I said in the post you quoted. I'm basing this off my experience of working at Gamestop for 6 years. Wasn't the 3ds OoT bundle sold at a higher price than getting the 3ds by itself and done as part of the larger LoZ 25th anniversary? I had both at the time, so I'm not sure on that one.
    And WWHD had only been out for a few months.

Nintendo always have big bundles for the holiday outside of launch windows(if launch was in the holiday).

I would expect 2 bundles for the Switch this holiday, and neither will have 1-2 Switch in them. They will both be from the 3 game pool of Zelda, Splatoon and Mario Kart.

Zelda sales are always front loaded, which is why almost every Zelda game ever ends up bundled with Nintendo hardware at some point. By Holiday most people who want to play Zelda will have already done so on Switch and Wii U and it's selling power will be greatly diminished and likely bundled.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-01-16 at 10:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any word on account bound/cross platform Virtual Software? I have a shit load of games from my Wii, WiiU and a couple on my 3dS. Is NINTENDO ever going to merge this shit?
    Last edited by zEmini; 2017-01-16 at 10:21 PM.