Page 38 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenius View Post
    Tinykong
    I really do not think you understand how the ACA works.
    If you are paying for insurance and taxes, you are paying for other people's healthcare. That's how it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think his loud mouth cannot hide it. He is in business for business sake. And for some weird reason in his own messed up way I think he does. At least in his own mind. How that translate to what we expect is another story.
    That doesn't sound like someone you want to be leading your country.

I can't wait what will happen to his plans to make that ridiculous wall. That is assuming he even had a plan to begin with.
    Last edited by Santti; 2017-01-16 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Wait, your argument was you voted for him because he said he was against those things. Or did you forget why you said you voted for him?

This is great.
    I think you missed my point. You assume he would appoint someone other then friends and associates or that he is not attacking the trade deals?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I had very good and affordable health insurance then Obamacare hit and I had to cancel because I was going to not only have to pay my insurance but that of all the other worthless fucks that dont work or work the system and make it look like they dont have money. So I am all for this because since I didnt have insurance last year because it was going to cost me $1500.00/ month with a 10k deductible I got rid of it and still had to pay a fucking fine of $950.00 at the end of the year, still less than 1 month premium though.

Fuck that shit, thank God I had my wife go get a job somewhere else so we could get insurance.
    What kind of mentality is this? Me me me me?

Think about your fellow citizens dude. It's about the greater good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    What kind of mentality is this? Me me me me?

Think about your fellow citizens dude. It's about the greater good.
    Please never say this again. It was the mantra of the Nazi party. The Greater Good is an ill defined concept at best.

In all honesty I think we are seeing the start of a party switch, both sides. Trump is not a republican. Despite what many want to believe. Personally I voted for him because I am tired of the corrupt hacks on both sides. I am also not for globalization in any way. At least with him I knew I was getting screwed one way and in the end know what I am getting. So far he is at least trying to do something about these corrupt trade deals which have virtually bankrupted places like Detroit.
    You're dreaming. First of all Democrats have consolidated into the party that is for small government on social issues while being in favor of big government on economic issues, while the Republicans have consolidated into the party in favor of big government on social issues and small government on economic issues. And Donald Trump is very much big government on social issues. If he is going to be big government on economic ones too (obviously he isn't given his tax plans, only thing he has going for him is sometimes seeming to express support for universal healthcare) then some Republican free-trade supporters may switch to the Democrats for a time. Especially when it hits the US economy that protectionism doesn't work, then the left-wing of the Democratic Party may give that idea up and re-double their focus on income inequality, social justice and environmentalism - something which is the anti-thesis of what Trump stands for. The truth is and has always been that free trade benefits both sides, both economies grow. The problem is that while the pie grew larger the slice of the pie that the middle-class got shrunk. Now that could've easily been solved by taxing the wealthy who reaped the benefits and share that larger pie more evenly. Republicans refused to even consider that, which is why you have the largest wealth inequality since before the Great Depression, and now all of a sudden you are stuck with this guy who will ultimately shrink the pie rather than redistribute the wealth of the larger pie. In fact he intend to redistribute less, shrinking the slice of the middle-class even more.

I think you missed my point. You assume he would appoint someone other then friends and associates or that he is not attacking the trade deals?
    You don't have a point. You're continuously asking rhetorical questions that I can only assume you believe are relevant. Your whole argument is that you voted against cronyism by supporting Trump, yet Trump has shown himself to be all in favor of cronyism. Your vote was rightfully your vote, and what you did with it was entirely up to you. However if you actually give a shit about the things you are complaining about it is on YOU to hold him accountable. Not to make excuses for him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please never say this again. It was the mantra of the Nazi party. The Greater Good is an ill defined concept at best.
    I can't believe I actually agree with Tennisace for once. But that might be just because of what you said is utterly ridiculous.

Actually the mantra of the Nazi Party was that everything was the fault of Jewish bankers (like the Rotchild's, George Soros or some other phantom "elite") and Jews in general (a religious minority group) and that the "mainstream media" was the "Lügenpresse" (the lyin' media). Sounds familiar?

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    You don't have a point. You're continuously asking rhetorical questions that I can only assume you believe are relevant. Your whole argument is that you voted against cronyism by supporting Trump, yet Trump has shown himself to be all in favor of cronyism. Your vote was rightfully your vote, and what you did with it was entirely up to you. However if you actually give a shit about the things you are complaining about it is on YOU to hold him accountable. Not to make excuses for him.
    Answer the questions and we can move forward with a discussion. They are not rhetorical.

You are missing the point. You just want to keep going around and around. You think your side has some kind of moral superiority in this.

Your attitude is such that oh my side would never screw us. Oh they are looking out for my best interest.

They are not on your side. None of them are. The ACA is prime example of it.

You act as though any of what he is doing is out of the ordinary. So far he is appointing exactly what he said he was going to appoint. If you think anyone of those appointments are part of the republican establishment your wrong. Are they business related yes they are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    Actually the mantra of the Nazi Party was that everything was the fault of Jewish bankers (like the Rotchild's, George Soros or some other phantom "elite") and Jews in general (a religious minority group) and that the "mainstream media" was the "Lügenpresse" (the lyin' media). Sounds familiar?
    Please read before you go forward:

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/.../naziprog.html

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I can't believe I actually agree with Tennisace for once. But that might be just because of what you said is utterly ridiculous.

go read

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Is it 1981 again, and people think that giving tax cuts to businesses and the top income earners will fix the economy? Holy shit, I must have inadvertently created a time machine.
    the top 8 people in the world own as much wealth as the bottom 50% combined. and they say we dont have room to increase taxes?

I had very good and affordable health insurance then Obamacare hit and I had to cancel because I was going to not only have to pay my insurance but that of all the other worthless fucks that dont work or work the system and make it look like they dont have money. So I am all for this because since I didnt have insurance last year because it was going to cost me $1500.00/ month with a 10k deductible I got rid of it and still had to pay a fucking fine of $950.00 at the end of the year, still less than 1 month premium though.

Fuck that shit, thank God I had my wife go get a job somewhere else so we could get insurance.
    ACA/Obamacare aside, I dont think you understand how Insurance works.

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    the top 8 people in the world own as much wealth as the bottom 50% combined. and they say we dont have room to increase taxes?
    Give that money to the job creationatorists, and they'll creatorate those jobs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

You know these so called "wortheless fucks" used to just get Medicaid before Obamacare, and they still do if their income is below the threshold. Anyone else get Obamacare because THEY ARE WORKING.

feel free to link your W2 insurance Box 12 for the year prior so we can see how affordable your insurance was. Just want to see that one box you can hide everything else. mine has been over the 18k you are talking about for at least 8 years now.

My point is we have to many people trying to pretend to have a moral superiority complex. We have bigger issues than "OMG he mocked a special needs person!"
    We used to have bigger issues then : "He mocked a special needs person", mostly because then, the president of the United States had never mocked a special needs person in public. If you mock a special needs person, you do not respect them. How are you supposed to represent an entire slice of your population, if you can't even respect them. The same goes for minorities and women.

It's the same about women, he has shown time and time again he doesn't respect women. How would you feel if Trump had molested your wife by grabbing her by the P$$$. Would you simply forgive him, because he has bigger problems facing him then the assault of a single women?

The leader of the "free world" mocks disabled people, and gropes women.

You speak of your life, and how you should be a standard for others that have had a difficult life. Trump is also set to be a standard. He is the standard to which all americans should strive for. He is their leader. He represents an entire people, the most powerful nation in the world. No wonder the world looks down on americans. Look at who they chose as a role model.

Answer the questions and we can move forward with a discussion. They are not rhetorical.

You are missing the point. You just want to keep going around and around. You think your side has some kind of moral superiority in this.

Your attitude is such that oh my side would never screw us. Oh they are looking out for my best interest.

They are not on your side. None of them are. The ACA is prime example of it.

You act as though any of what he is doing is out of the ordinary. So far he is appointing exactly what he said he was going to appoint. If you think anyone of those appointments are part of the republican establishment your wrong. Are they business related yes they are.

- - - Updated - - -

Please read before you go forward:

- - - Updated - - -

go read
    Your questions are childishly rhetorical, but I'll play along...

I didn't assume he'd do anything other than what he's done. Which to date, is to basically ignore his promises, appoint people who reinforce the idea that he never intended to "drain the swamp", make stupid and irrational statements on Twitter, and deny reality.

I didn't expect anything from him. I didn't vote for him simply because I believe he doesn't comprehend the full breadth of the office. I expected nothing worthwhile from him and so far he has lived up to that expectation.

I don't even know what your side is. Your arguments are barely coherent. You seem to believe you are some sort of anti-establishment/anti-Washington warrior, but at the same time you defend him doing the ordinary, Washington things. It's not so much that I'm missing your point, as it is that your point is meaningless.
    Last edited by NYC17; 2017-01-16 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by belleflop View Post
    You do realize the ACA is republicans brain-child yes? The democrats wanted a single-payer system but compromised on market places because that's what the republicans wanted. So instead of being happy the law goes away, why not champion a fix, such as going to single-payer?
    Single payer isn't a fix, It's a clusterfuck.

Quote Originally Posted by SirPiken View Post
    In every metric Canada's single-payer healthcare system is better than the USA's system. In every metric. Having the government pay for all healthcare needs gives them the power to negotiate drug cost down.

Quote Originally Posted by belleflop View Post
    In every metric Canada's single-payer healthcare system is better than the USA's system. In every metric. Having the government pay for all healthcare needs gives them the power to negotiate drug cost down.
    They don't negotiate, they set the rate and if the drug company don't like it does not get paid for by Canadian insurance
    drug companies would rather make a few sheckles each drug for 35m people then none.

then they turn around and charge us to make up the difference

Quote Originally Posted by SirPiken View Post
    Single payer in canada and public healthcare in UK wants to say hi
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker