Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Whew these comments....
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    You really really need to look into human behaviors over our history. We really are savage animals in our wild cities and worlds. It isn't pretty out there. It really isn't.
    We've come a long way. Not sure where youv'e been spending your time if you can't see a difference between animals in the jungle and humans in cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Well, I'll say you're wrong and point out the "10 hours of silent walking" video as evidence. It had plenty of greetings in there that supposedly counted at the time.
    So one video online said they counted greetings. THAT MEANS IT COUNTS EVERYWHERE FOR EVERYONE! I don't know why I'm responding to you. I get better responses from siri. Basically the entirety of this thread, you've said a total of nothing. You're just being a contrarian without contributing anything to the discussion.

Also it's funny that you consider what those guys did "simple greetings". Saying things like "Hey sexy mama" "Bring that ass over here for a minute" is not the same thing as a wave at a passerby. It is harassment when you're making unwanted sexual advances, even if "just" verbally.
    Last edited by Torgent; 2017-01-17 at 12:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Because, you know. When a guy is out jogging and they see a woman out jogging, god forbid they think it's okay to walk up to them and start a conversation.
    That's basically harassment. If a woman wants to run, she should be able to without being accosted and questioned by sketchy looking strangers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Not surprising that none of the sources posted by OP actually link to the so called study.
    Because many of these studies fall apart when looked at closely. The way they go about questioning people, interpreting their answers aswell as the people they usually seek out pretty much means they have an outcome they desire and then go about bringing it about. It's why for your study aswell as statistics to have any claim to objectivity you need to tell people how you reached them, give out the method you used etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    That's basically harassment. If a woman wants to run, she should be able to without being accosted and questioned by sketchy looking strangers.
    So much loaded and accusatory language that basically says nothing. Using these measures, you can turn any and every interaction at any point into harassment. Heck I feel threatened and harassed by your thread and the aggressive language you use in them. Which means 1/1 Deleth experiences harassment when browsing MMO Champion. That can't stand!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkbonk100 View Post
    Let's make it every second woman
    Interpol should take you in for questioning with posts like this. Unacceptable.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    This article doesn't show the obvious harassment men go through on a daily basis. Just check out this man walking through NYC for 10 hours and the constant bombardment he gets from just taking a casual 10 hour walk:

hahahaha this shit had me dying yo

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    So one video online said they counted greetings. THAT MEANS IT COUNTS EVERYWHERE FOR EVERYONE! I don't know why I'm responding to you. I get better responses from siri. Basically the entirety of this thread, you've said a total of nothing. You're just being a contrarian without contributing anything to the discussion.

Also it's funny that you consider what those guys did "simple greetings". Saying things like "Hey sexy mama" "Bring that ass over here for a minute" is not the same thing as a wave at a passerby. It is harassment when you're making unwanted sexual advances, even if "just" verbally.
    No, that was a huge video, with tons of people agreeing with it and its premise. Even here. All over the internet. Likely seen more than a certain runners magazine that you posted. (Even though, like the OPs post, it was extremely ambiguous.) And ambiguity and not-so-clear definitions are a huge problem for studies like this. If THAT video/study counts greetings (and lets be honest, a large amount of the "harassments" seen in that video were just greetings) then why wouldn't, logically, YOUR study, and THIS study be the same?

"Also its funny" - watch the video again. I specifically said greetings. Not "bring that ass over here." Putting words in my mount won't really help your cause, or get you cool points here.

- - - Updated - - -

Basically harassment, or harassment? Which is it Tennis?

Also, Mister Cheese never posted to you, so you basically FORCED them to read your post. THATS HARASSMENT!

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, Mister Cheese never posted to you, so you basically FORCED them to read your post. THATS HARASSMENT!
    No, it isn't harassment. It's rape. Textual rape.

No, that was a huge video, with tons of people agreeing with it and its premise. Even here. All over the internet. Likely seen more than a certain runners magazine that you posted. (Even though, like the OPs post, it was extremely ambiguous.) And ambiguity and not-so-clear definitions are a huge problem for studies like this. If THAT video/study counts greetings (and lets be honest, a large amount of the "harassments" seen in that video were just greetings) then why wouldn't, logically, YOUR study, and THIS study be the same?

"Also its funny" - watch the video again. I specifically said greetings. Not "bring that ass over here." Putting words in my mount won't really help your cause, or get you cool points here.

- - - Updated - - -

Basically harassment, or harassment? Which is it Tennis?

RW explicitly used other metrics besides just verbal harassment, you continue to ignore them because you are probably one of the creepy fucks that thinks it's okay to yell at girls who are running and this makes you uncomfortable to reflect on your actions. You also just used Youtube views as validity. So because a video has more views than a RW article (that goes into a lot of depth about the variety of harassment that women face) that means that whatever they said has to be the standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellus View Post
    Stop making everything a gender issue

Feeling unsafe when running alone in a city is something both men and women encounter since cities are inherently more dangerous than suburbs. There's plenty of alternatives to exercise if safety is the primary concern. Gyms that include treadmills and elliptical machines are all over the place. If anyone feels uncomfortable running in their area, they shouldn't do it. Plain and simple. It's the same reason I don't walk in the dangerous parts of town.
    Gender issue? It's an issue plain and simple.

In society today, 1 in 3 women are harassed when taking a run. That isn't acceptable. You should be speaking out against that bruv.

There are alternatives but that doesn't mean that we should be fine with a society where half the people are scared to exercise in the open.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    RW explicitly used other metrics besides just verbal harassment, you continue to ignore them because you are probably one of the creepy fucks that thinks it's okay to yell at girls who are running and this makes you uncomfortable to reflect on your actions. You also just used Youtube views as validity. So because a video has more views than a RW article (that goes into a lot of depth about the variety of harassment that women face) that means that whatever they said has to be the standard.
    Didn't they break up the entire spectrum into two groups though? The way you explained it, "sometimes" is the same as "all the time." in their polling data. I'm sorry, I'm not going to use RW magazine as some sort of harassment bible. Viewership DOES matter. If millions of people view that video, agree with it, and share it, promote it, etc... well hey, thats a lot closer to the standard than say, whatever the fuck RW magazine says. (But I'd call their results dubious for obvious reasons.)

But hey, the OP went ahead and helped to validate my point. Tennis straight up said that introducing yourself to a fellow runner is harassment.

- - - Updated - - -

Gender issue? It's an issue plain and simple.

In society today, 1 in 3 women are harassed when taking a run. That isn't acceptable. You should be speaking out against that bruv.

There are alternatives but that doesn't mean that we should be fine with a society where half the people are scared to exercise in the open.
    Lying about what really goes on is essentially fake news, bro.

Didn't they break up the entire spectrum into two groups though? The way you explained it, "sometimes" is the same as "all the time." in their polling data. I'm sorry, I'm not going to use RW magazine as some sort of harassment bible. Viewership DOES matter. If millions of people view that video, agree with it, and share it, promote it, etc... well hey, thats a lot closer to the standard than say, whatever the fuck RW magazine says. (But I'd call their results dubious for obvious reasons.)

But hey, the OP went ahead and helped to validate my point. Tennis straight up said that introducing yourself to a fellow runner is harassment.
    OHHH i GET IT. You don't understand statistics. They never said "sometimes" is the same as "all the time". They lumped anything more than "rarely (meaning it still fucking happens)" together to show that 43% receive harassment MORE THAN RARELY. Tennisace is also not an authority on what is harassment. Do you know who is? The women. If they feel harassed by you being a creep, then you're harassing them and should grow up.

I read a story the other day about a girl who was jogging, in Germany I think it was, and a guy was perving on her.

She called her dad for help, instead of the police for some reason.

By the time the dad got there he was on top of her beating her face in prepping her for rape.

The dad beat his ass and took him to the police.

Of course the attacker was ...well ...never mind that.

Anyways subcompacts 9mm's or any "deep concealment" firearm are great for women.

They've even got sports bra holsters so the ladies can keep themselves protected even while excising.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TrumpIsPresident View Post
    I read a story the other day about a girl who was jogging, in Germany I think it was, and a guy was perving on her.

She called her dad for help, instead of the police for some reason.

By the time the dad got there he was on top of her beating her face in prepping her for rape.

The dad beat his ass and took him to the police.

Of course the attacker was ...well ...never mind that.

Anyways subcompacts 9mm's or any "deep concealment" firearm are great for women.

They've even got sports bra holsters so the ladies can keep themselves protected even while excising.
    Was the Dad arrested for assault? I bet this was from Breitbart or some biased right wing website.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I like to think I put the women I draft off of at ease by alternating with them: every couple minutes I get in front of them and slow down to their speed so they can draft off of me. I have yet to hear a complaint.
    Why would you do that? You're not in a competitive running team?

You should mind your own business and let them run in peace.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why would you do that? You're not in a competitive running team?
    Merely being social/friendly while jogging.

You should mind your own business and let them run in peace.
    Who says that they are not "in peace"? They certainly never have. Do you know their mind better than they do? I think not.

Nice that they didn't give a clear definition of what they meant by 'harassment', seeing as these days it could refer to anything between sexual assault and some passerby smiling in their general direction.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

I'll rubberneck a few of the hot moms that jog on the sidewalk of the main road coming into neighborhood. Does that count as harassment ?
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They should make sure they are armed.

We've come a long way. Not sure where youv'e been spending your time if you can't see a difference between animals in the jungle and humans in cities.
    I can take you to parts of some cities were you are safer in the jungle than in the city. You like I live in nice USA/Canada part of the world.