Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    i can't predict how it'll be tuned, but i think perfect tuning for clearing heroic would be, if guilds that have 885+ won't struggle much until they face guldan. Also, 35 traits for heroic.

That said, each heroic boss should be killable in ilvl equivalent to its normal mode drops. So for example if a boss drops 880 on heroic, it should be killable with 865 (that's for organized groups only).

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    I'm offering my opinion. If his guild is 875 they aren't going to make inroads into HC. If you disagree just say so without acting like a dick.
    There has been nothing offensive in my post.
    You are just little 2 edgy and offended by normal wording.

870 should be fine to progress through at least the first half on heroic; obviously the higher your raid's ilvl the easier/faster things get, but people always dramatically overestimate what is 'required.' It's also likely that the first several bosses will be undertuned to allow groups to progress a bit, as has been the case in most recent large raid instance releases.

ed: I mean if your raid averages ~870 you probably won't be clearing the first 11 bosses week one, but you will certainly be able to go in there and kill stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagon View Post
    for the average joe, probably 885-890.
    Are you drunk?

The gear that you should have to start the raid SHOULD be 870-875. Anything else and the place is over tuned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

I can't believe how stupid all of that sounds.
    Heroic drops 885+.
    Think about it that way: you need better gear to clear a raid, to get worse gear, to hope for wf/tf, to get better gear, to get into mythic range...

The first few bosses should need 865-870 for the average raiding group (35+ traits, classknowledge and raid ts)
    The endboss should take a little bit more, but blizz should never overtune nhc/hc raids. Blizz can do that in mythic.

Mythic groups should aim for mythic the week after and take the one nhc/hc week to switch some gear around because of stats or no luck with drops in EN.

correct itemization & T19 > raw ilvl

You should rather focus on getting T19 for all your raiders ASAP than just looking at ilvl. Some tier bonuses easily outweigh 5-10 more ilvl.

The same is true when talking about the right Trinkets instead of just the one with highest ilvl (e.g. a decent BTI or 860 Arcano beat most NH Trinkets for some specs) or having certain Arcway/CoS items/sets (e.g. Leather set is awesome for Havoc DH even with comparably low ilvl, auto attack ring for Arms, magic damage ring for casters).
    Last edited by chooi; 2017-01-17 at 02:50 AM.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well the base droprate for heroic NH is 885, so realistically you should probably be good around 875, at least for the first half, and group finder groups will be asking 895+