Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    What racist and bigoted policies?
    No one can ever answer this it seems. At least not without resorting to lies like "Trump is going to deport all Hispanics!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    How does crime in other major cities compare to the national average? And to each other? I'd use that as a baseline, not national average.
    Crime in major cities in general has been a major issue for decades.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by alexkeren View Post
    Most of the district has a crime rate MORE THAN twice the national average, that DOES make it crime ridden.
    Source and what's the overall crime rate in the district?
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    No one can ever answer this it seems. At least not without resorting to lies like "Trump is going to deport all Hispanics!"

- - - Updated - - -

Because thus far no policies actually aimed to happen have been racist and/or bigoted, but some of his older claims came very, very close to being those. It would be nice if people stopped saying his policies were like that until we actually see one attempted to slide through.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    There's no mistake. Trump is a buffoon without the temperament to be a public servant.
    You are so wrong on this point. Lewis made the first mistake by calling Donald's presidency invalid. He should have never done that. As a civil rights leader, he should have kept his mouth shut. Lewis is another example of every mind reader and so called prophet that come onto these forums and bash an individual without fully taking the time to understand who they really are or what they can do. So many people proclaiming the end of the world and Donald has not even taken office yet. Now is the time for patience and support. His own candidate Hilary Clinton is showing up to the inauguration. He should be there too. All Lewis is demonstrating through this little fight is pathetic self pride cause his choice for president lost. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by supermage View Post
    You are so wrong on this point. Lewis made the first mistake by calling Donald's presidency invalid. He should have never done that. As a civil rights leader, he should have kept his mouth shut. Lewis is another example of every mind reader and so called prophet that come onto these forums and bash an individual without fully taking the time to understand who they really are or what they can do. So many people proclaiming the end of the world and Donald has not even taken office yet. Now is the time for patience and support. His own candidate Hilary Clinton is showing up to the inauguration. He should be there too. All Lewis si demonstrating through this little fight is pathetic self pride cause his choice for president lost. Get over it.
    Lewis has nothing to do with Trump's temperamental unsuitability.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    Because thus far no policies actually aimed to happen have been racist and/or bigoted, but some of his older claims came very, very close to being those. It would be nice if people stopped saying his policies were like that until we actually see one attempted to slide through.
    A lot of his earlier statements were twisted into what people wanted. So we had an ongoing campaign rhetoric of "Trump is going to deport all muslims!" despite his original statements being not near that.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

A lot of his earlier statements were twisted into what people wanted. So we had an ongoing campaign rhetoric of "Trump is going to deport all muslims!" despite his original statements being not near that.
    Trump has no one but Trump to blame for the difficulty in understanding his positions. There's a reason Obama speaks clearly and with pauses.

Mm no, even word for word on what he said, some of what came out of his own mouth, no twisting, bordered on that. When his own aid has to say 'Don't listen to what he says, listen to what's in his heart', you know there's something wrong. The man isn't a saint, but he's also not spinning internment camps or other such nonsense people seem to bring up.

I'm not denying that a lot of Obama voters voted for Trump. I am denying that it indicates they've somehow become better voters. Really, I think it suggests the opposite. People voted for Obama because of "hope and change" and a lot of nice talk about things working in a different way that was more fair and beneficial to everyone. They don't feel his policies benefited them, so they moved on to the next guy promising the same thing. After Trump is finished wrecking the economy with protectionism and other meddling with the consequences of that falling mostly on the people who desperately voted for him, I'm sure they'll have still learned nothing and move on to the next person to promise them the world. The voters are fucking stupid. They were stupid last election. They were stupid this election. They'll be stupid next election.
    Yep, all this election really did was prove that populism no matter how substantive is going to win you elections. As soon as Trump and the GOP have thier 4 years of fun and the Dems run with an actually likeable candidate it's going to swing right back in thier favor. Though I would hope with the Dems they would become sincere in thier progressivism. Buuuuut we'll see how that pans out.

My point is that we should compare like to like. The city I live in is right up there with Atlanta, and no one would say it's falling apart or criticize our representatives for the condition it's in. Atlanta looks to be 10th or 11th in crime, when compared to similar cities. That's all.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    I call these boycotts the "the ensuring Trump gets a second term rally."

I am starting to think that people who label themselves as progressives lack the ability to learn. The reason why Trump is president is in now small part due to the public tantrums these adult children throw.
    or reality: He ran a better campaign for playing the system of the EC, he's being sworn in with a very low favorable polling even among his voters. But what you call "tantrums" I call doing your american duty. I am curious did you describe the GOP congress as having a "tantrum" when they shut down the government? (side not my favorite of the whole thing was the house rep the berated a park official for doing her job and closing a national park that he voted and celebrated).

Trump got elected because we just had eight years of a Democrat, Hillary Clinton wasn't a strong candidate, and disparaging info that lead nowhere was leaked three days before the election about Hillary. If Democrats, put some semblance of someone reasonable together four years from now he's likely going to be done, if he isn't impeached. Republicans have a better chance of getting another term if he's impeached and the economy is doing better than it is now.
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama

Democrats the hypocrites
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    Democrats the hypocrites
    It's politics, there are hypocrites everywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, because a boycott is gonna change things...

Bunch of babies. He won, get over it. If the left wants any say in what happens the next four years this is not the way to go about it. As amusing as it is to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    Democrats the hypocrites
    False equivalency

Quote Originally Posted by supermage View Post
    You are so wrong on this point. Lewis made the first mistake by calling Donald's presidency invalid. He should have never done that. As a civil rights leader, he should have kept his mouth shut. Lewis is another example of every mind reader and so called prophet that come onto these forums and bash an individual without fully taking the time to understand who they really are or what they can do. So many people proclaiming the end of the world and Donald has not even taken office yet. Now is the time for patience and support. His own candidate Hilary Clinton is showing up to the inauguration. He should be there too. All Lewis is demonstrating through this little fight is pathetic self pride cause his choice for president lost. Get over it.
    Nov 9th was his reset day, and he's been nothing but an embarrassment and disappointment since that day, him and his inner circle have repeatedly straight up lied, not half truths, political double speak, straight up LIED. some of it on the most ridiculous and stupid things to boot that took 5sec to double check and his mouth keeps flapping. He's belittled our entire intelligence community, caused international incidents (arguably broke the logan act), used the office of the president to enrich himself and family. The best part he's not even sworn in yet.

It would be really helpful if people read a few posts in a chain to determine context before rushing to reply.
    You need to learn to listen to your own advice.

- - - Updated - - -

This situation should never have happened in the first place. The blame lies with Lewis who started this.

Quote Originally Posted by Saft View Post
    People take turns to shit on Trump every second they get.
    Well, at some point the POTUS becomes a roll model ... so what do you expect?

Trump no more a president, than my plumber cutting open my head is a neurosurgeon.

Rational people realise this and are somewhat disturbed about the future.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Yeah, because a boycott is gonna change things...

Bunch of babies. He won, get over it. If the left wants any say in what happens the next four years this is not the way to go about it. As amusing as it is to watch.
    You do realize they're boycotting because Trump was massively disrespectful to a renown civil's rights activist that literally was beaten to a bloody pulp for what he believed in, and not because they're bitter Trump won right?

If you're going to pitifully generalize an entire demographics, at least be partially right.