Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I guess people have been super lucky with legendaries from emissaries with all this talk about saving them or what not. I have been doing emissary quest every day since expansion launch and has not received a single legendary from emissary. Every legendary i have gotten on any character is from either mythic+ cache or raid bosses.

But regardless, ppl have already been getting the new legendaries since 7.1.5 so is no reason to wait till nighthold opens to get them.

Quote Originally Posted by Evory View Post

But regardless, ppl have already been getting the new legendaries since 7.1.5 so is no reason to wait till nighthold opens to get them.
    umm no it saves you time upgrading it to 940 if you get it after maintenance

I only read the first 3 pages so i don't know if anyone has posted this, but according to a blue post if you have an emissary cache in your bags it won't include a new legendary

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/7...clarification/
    Additionally, once the Nighthold is open, any new Legendaries you discover will already be item level 940. Note that this does not apply retroactively to Emissary Bags that you may already have in your inventory when the time comes. Only new bags earned after the Nighthold is open have the chance to reward an item level 940 Legendary.

New guild but kept same sig [cares- Kel'Thuzad]
    http://www.twitch.tv/undr_score

Quote Originally Posted by Auress View Post
    I only read the first 3 pages so i don't know if anyone has posted this, but according to a blue post if you have an emissary cache in your bags it won't include a new legendary

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/7...clarification/
    I dont trust them hehe but yeah you dont hand in your quest until after nighthold opens. So the cache is generated after maintenance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    umm no it saves you time upgrading it to 940 if you get it after maintenance
    Right, but they clearly stated that you cannot get one in the old caches so would be pointless to hang on to them, best you can do i suppose is save up 3 done emissaries that you have completed but not yet turned in.

Quote Originally Posted by Evory View Post
    Right, but they clearly stated that you cannot get one in the old caches so would be pointless to hang on to them, best you can do i suppose is save up 3 done emissaries that you have completed but not yet turned in.
    You are right, but they also said that the emissary quests would reset once 7.1.5 hits the live servers and it didn't.
    There is also no drawback in holding on to your old caches unless NH opens, worst case is that you get 910 legendaries out of them which you also might have gotten if you opened them before NH.

Deleted
    Is that true that there will be a reset tomorrow?

Lets say i complete any cache today, i have 3 new one tomorrow?

My plan was to complete any WQ for todays and yesterday cache, so i can benifit for the legendary upgrading quest.
    Last edited by mmoc96ce41db5d; 2017-01-17 at 11:31 AM.

I can confirm the legendary is generated the moment you open it - I was playing outlaw and wanted to put AP into my assassin weapons so I changed spec AFTER I got the cache and got the assassin cloak rather than one for outlaw (my loot spec was for current spec)

Im saving them for lege upgrade quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Enterich View Post
    Is that true that there will be a reset tomorrow?

Lets say i complete any cache today, i have 3 new one tomorrow?

My plan was to complete any WQ for todays and yesterday cache, so i can benifit for the legendary upgrading quest.
    The patch before last (ToV) gave us a full reset of dailies and 3 emissary quests to finish, the patch for 7.1.5 hour ever did not so unless tomorrow is a "patch" im not sure they would reset and give us 3 as it's only a hotfixes and opening nightold?

Deleted
    I save since sunday, I dont do them either, if they reset nothing lost, if they dont do, well 3 chests tomorrow.
    If i wouldnt have gotten 6 of my 8 legs (different chars) from emmissary, I wouldnt do them at all, since beside legs and tomorrow then the leg upgrade items, they are just garbage and not worth to do.

Ok so say I've completed an emissary before NH and assuming it does contain a leg, will it make any difference if I open it only when NH opens? Would it be 940? Or is it already predetermined the moment I got the box from the quest?

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Ok so say I've completed an emissary before NH and assuming it does contain a leg, will it make any difference if I open it only when NH opens? Would it be 940? Or is it already predetermined the moment I got the box from the quest?
    The blue post clearly says caches that are acquired before NH opens won't contain 940 legendaries.
    But there is no drawback in waiting until NH opens, worst case is you get the 910 legendary you would have gotten before. Best case is the blue post was wrong and you get a 940.
    But thinking about that hours before the patch goes live on all realms is a little bit pointless - you either have saved up the caches from the last week(s), or you didn't. One or two caches more will hardly make any difference.

Since there is no loss in holding off, I held off on mine JUST in case they didn't put a stop on the legendary upgrade item that drops off emissary caches AND in the case they mess up on application of 940 legendaries (similar stuff has happened in the past). Very likely neither will happen, but again, no loss.

Does the cache that you save give you the lebgendary quest item to upgrade the legendary? It is said to drop from emissary cache.

Quote Originally Posted by fabuloso View Post
    Does the cache that you save give you the lebgendary quest item to upgrade the legendary? It is said to drop from emissary cache.
    No. They explicitly stated that only new crates will have the chance for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Saroc View Post
    No. They explicitly stated that only new crates will have the chance for it.
    They only say this for the new 940 legendary. I am asking for the quest item to upgrade the legendary.

Opened 20 old caches after accepting Touch of a Titan quest to collect 50 essences, did not recieve any from them. Recieved 4 from a new box I just opened (had quest complete in log, turned in just now to generate box).

Deleted
    Did NA get three brand new emissaries this morning or are they stuck with the ones they had before reset?

I did what chairman did as well. No essences from caches, but did get some from quest I had turned in that I saved from days prior.

No new emissaries. Same ones from before reset.