Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Miztickow View Post
    Illegal immigration is an issue, but NOT FROM MEXICO.
    Net immigration from Mexico is negative right now, our biggest immigration problem is people overstaying their visas, and what Donald Duck said about illegal immigrants is factually untrue. Wanting to stop illegal immigration is a fine stance to have, but you can't be racist or idiotic about it like Drumpf is.
    I'm not too terribly concerned what country illegal immigrants hail from. It so happens that the vast majority originate from Mexico.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by drakensoul View Post
    Since most of the people who immigrate illegally do so by entering with a visa (i.e.: after being screened) and then overstaying, I'm not sure you're supporting it as well as you think.
    Do you have a source for that?

Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post
    I saw the birther movement (as ridiculous as it was) as an anti-Obama movement, not a racist movement. I never bought into the idea that being anti-Obama automatically meant you were anti-black.

Not sure about the refusal to rent to blacks, need to look into that one.

He did call into question a judge's ability to rule fairly, much the same way a southern white conservative judge's ability to rule fairly would likely be called into question in a trial that involved a black man. And that would be a valid concern. If you were a black man being held on trial for a crime you didn't commit, would you not object to a southern confederate-county judge? I'm being a little extreme here, but you can understand where I'm going. If you think you're not going to get a fair shake, would you not say so?
    No. The birther movement is racist, not just anti-Obama. No one who opposed Clinton or Bush questioned their birthplace. The only reason Obama's birthplace was questioned is because he's black.

As Paul Ryan said, saying someone can't do something because of their race is the definition of racism. Trump was singling out the judge's race as the specific defect. Your example is idiotic. If a conservative judge's ability to rule fairly is called into question in cases involving blacks, then how do they ever handle such cases in the South where almost everyone is conservative? Why don't the 4 conservatives on the SCOTUS recuse themselves in every case involving blacks?

It's very simple, Trump is a racist because he has done heaps of racist things.

Do you have a source for that?
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...00000-broke-l/

You'll have to combine it with a bit of deduction about the rate of land-based illegal immigration.

The rate is 3.3 migrants per 1000 residents (which, like most things, can be found on google), and the population of Mexico is around 122,000,000. Which is around 370,000 people immigrating illegally by walking across the border (actually fewer, since that number includes people emigrating to all destinations).

527,000 (per year) overstayed their Visa in 2015, versus 370,000 coming over by land or sea.

Anyway, being concerned about an illegal immigrant shooting you is statistically a waste of time. Your neighbor will be the one who shoots you. Unless he or she is an illegal, then they're probably too terrified of breaking the law and being deported.
    Last edited by drakensoul; 2017-01-17 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    No. The birther movement is racist, not just anti-Obama. No one who opposed Clinton or Bush questioned their birthplace. The only reason Obama's birthplace was questioned is because he's black.
    It was an avenue of attack against a liberal president, and someone took it up. It had much less to do with race than it did about a perceived avenue to remove a liberal president, as foolhardy as it was. I'm sure a handicapped president would be attacked on his ability to lead; that would be much more a political move than a bigoted one. So the same goes with the birther movement.

As Paul Ryan said, saying someone can't do something because of their race is the definition of racism. Trump was singling out the judge's race as the specific defect. Your example is idiotic. If a conservative judge's ability to rule fairly is called into question in cases involving a blacks, then how do they ever handle such cases in the South where almost everyone is conservative? Why don't the 4 conservatives on the SCOTUS recuse themselves in every case involving blacks?

It's very simple, Trump is a racist because he has done heaps of racist things.
    There are plenty of examples of young black men getting railroaded by the justice system in the south, and it isn't because they were all guilty.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never supported Trump, but I can appreciate that he doesn't dance around real issues, he says it plainly.
    You can't back that up.

Trump's DC hotel was made from Chinese steel and built by illegal immigrants, similar to how Trump Tower was built by illegal immigrants, who he didn't pay, sued him, and won.

Trump wants to repeal the estate tax because "American workers have paid taxes their whole lives, and they should not be taxed again at death — it’s just plain wrong," except he doesn't pay taxes and that makes him smart, but he only bragged about how this happened and made him smart after he was caught by leaked documents, which is ironic because he asked Russia to hack bla bla bla.

Trump says his favorite book is the Bible but choked on naming a single verse, and later would say it's "an eye for an eye" one specifically and directly refuted by Jesus Christ Himself.

And this is just a quick few of the year-long campaign, let alone his entire life of being a glorified used car salesman, who continues to say things on both sides of an issue, swapping whenever it benefits him. He never dances around an issue? How many times in the campaign did he say "I have a plan, believe me!" and fail to have details? Replace the ACA with something better, something fantastic, something he still doesn't have? He knows more than the generals? His mutually contradictory plans to defeat Mexico and China in trade? He's such a flagrant narcissist hypocrite, dancing around an issue so hard, that the Rockettes are considering bailing on his inauguration for fear of being upstaged.

More than being a racist, Trump has narcissistic personality disorder. He doesn't just think blacks and hispanics are beneath him, he thinks everyone is beneath him. And that he has the magic answer to everything, doesn't owe anyone an explanation, and deserves special treatment and exemptions from his mistakes. Which, of course, he doesn't make. Because he's narcissistic.

The above post are just examples of his narcissism. Rules don't apply to him, especially the ones he touts.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...00000-broke-l/

You'll have to combine it with a bit of deduction about the rate of land-based illegal immigration.

The rate is 3.3 migrants per 1000 residents (which, like most things, can be found on google), and the population of Mexico is around 122,000,000. Which is around 370,000 people immigrating illegally by walking across the border (actually fewer, since that number includes people emigrating to all destinations).

527,000 (per year) overstayed their Visa in 2015, versus 370,000 coming over by land or sea.

Anyway, being concerned about an illegal immigrant shooting you is statistically a waste of time. Your neighbor will be the one who shoots you. Unless he or she is an illegal, then they're probably too terrified of breaking the law and being deported.
    There are about 11 million illegal immigrants living in the United States, estimated: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illega..._United_States

500,000 is a concern, but not a majority as you have stated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    You can't back that up.

Trump's DC hotel was made from Chinese steel and built by illegal immigrants, similar to how Trump Tower was built by illegal immigrants, who he didn't pay, sued him, and won.

Trump wants to repeal the estate tax because "American workers have paid taxes their whole lives, and they should not be taxed again at death — it’s just plain wrong," except he doesn't pay taxes and that makes him smart, but he only bragged about how this happened and made him smart after he was caught by leaked documents, which is ironic because he asked Russia to hack bla bla bla.

Trump says his favorite book is the Bible but choked on naming a single verse, and later would say it's "an eye for an eye" one specifically and directly refuted by Jesus Christ Himself.

And this is just a quick few of the year-long campaign, let alone his entire life of being a glorified used car salesman, who continues to say things on both sides of an issue, swapping whenever it benefits him. He never dances around an issue? How many times in the campaign did he say "I have a plan, believe me!" and fail to have details? Replace the ACA with something better, something fantastic, something he still doesn't have? He knows more than the generals? His mutually contradictory plans to defeat Mexico and China in trade? He's such a flagrant narcissist hypocrite, dancing around an issue so hard, that the Rockettes are considering bailing on his inauguration for fear of being upstaged.
    Look, I'm no Trump fan, and somehow I've been defending him in this thread, but on certain issues he's not afraid to shoot straight, consequences or no. And that's not something you see from politicians anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    Shall we add to that? Who else did Trump say wasn't eligible to run? Cruz and Ruibo, wasn't it?

Admittedly, he didn't say anything about Cain, probably because you don't talk smack about the person sucking your dick.

There are about 11 million illegal immigrants living in the United States, estimated: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illega..._United_States

500,000 is a concern, but not a majority as you have stated.
    I said there are more people immigrating illegally by overstaying visas than by crossing the land border.

The fact that 11,000,000 already live here by all combined means has nothing to do with which brings in more per year.

More immigrate illegally by overstaying visas (500,000+/year) than by walking across the border (320,000+/year). And yes, it is the majority.
    Last edited by drakensoul; 2017-01-17 at 06:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    According to the rules laid out in the constitution he won. I think it's bullshit that any of these lawmakers are boycotting. The musicians and entertainers can do whatever, but the politicians should attend.

I've had enough of the hyper partisanship.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look, I'm no Trump fan, and somehow I've been defending him in this thread, but on certain issues he's not afraid to shoot straight, consequences or no. And that's not something you see from politicians anymore.
    And, as I just pointed out in this post you replied to, you're not seeing it now either. Even on the very issue you were trying to defend Trump on -- illegal immigration -- he has a decades-old history of saying one thing and doing another. Sorry, your defense if flat-out invalid. Want to try another topic?

Don't waste your time on the Muslim ban, I mean ban of countries that are terror sponsors, I mean parts of Europe as of this weekend. You won't be able to defend that, either.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Trump has no one but Trump to blame for the difficulty in understanding his positions. There's a reason Obama speaks clearly and with pauses.
    When Trump starts royally fucking up, I can't wait for all of the "Well he's not a politician, of course he doesn't know how to be president properly!" excuses to come flying. Of course they'll phrase it in such a way that it's the fault of Democrats that Trump is clueless. They somehow always manage to bend over backwards to point fingers.

The "party of personal responsibility" is known as such because they PERSONALLY make sure that anyone but themselves are held RESPONSIBLE for their fuck ups.

- - - Updated - - -

I said there are more people immigrating illegally by overstaying visas than by crossing the land border.

The fact that 11,000,000 already live here by all combined means has nothing to do with which brings in more per year.

More immigrate illegally by overstaying visas (500,000+/year) than by walking across the border (320,000+/year). And yes, it is the majority.
    It's also very telling in how the Trumpkins conduct themselves when talking about illegal immigration. Only half of those numbers come from Mexico, the rest come in from elsewhere and yet all of their rhetoric and proposed plans focus on Mexico. They sometimes go "Well we'll deport those other guys too!" then go right back to solely talking about Hispanics.

"Guys there was nothing racist about this! We just ignore the white illegal immigrants because SHUT UP YOU SJW PIECE OF TRASH!"
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    It's also very telling in how the Trumpkins conduct themselves when talking about illegal immigration. Only half of those numbers come from Mexico, the rest come in from elsewhere and yet all of their rhetoric and proposed plans focus on Mexico. They sometimes go "Well we'll deport those other guys too!" then go right back to solely talking about Hispanics.

"Guys there was nothing racist about this! We just ignore the white illegal immigrants because SHUT UP YOU SJW PIECE OF TRASH!"
    The entire bewildering 'illegal immigrants have to go because they're criminal rapists' was a house of cards from day one. One they try desperately to hold together in spite of reality.

And then somehow shoving a piece of concrete into the ground is going to stop it. But it will be a big piece of concrete, a beautiful piece of concrete... someone else will pay for the concrete, my dad knew good concrete. He made a lot of money with concrete, great concrete... concrete from Mexico, love the Mexicans, they're great people. I know great people, I'm a great person, some people say Trump he does great things and it's true, they know.. great things. But the illegals have got to go. It's a problem, they're rapists.. gotta go.

/trumprant
    Last edited by drakensoul; 2017-01-17 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Shall we add to that? Who else did Trump say wasn't eligible to run? Cruz and Ruibo, wasn't it?

Admittedly, he didn't say anything about Cain, probably because you don't talk smack about the person sucking your dick.
    There was a small legal ambiguity on whether Cruz was really eligible or not because he wasn't born on U.S. soil. He was born an American citizen, but the courts never to my knowledge defined what "natural born" meant. It was more likely than not that he was eligible, but there was still like a 1% chance the courts could rule him ineligible.
    Also, McCain had a similar issue, but he was born on a U.S. army base abroad, which is U.S. soil, which is why nobody questioned his eligibility like Cruz's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    "Guys there was nothing racist about this! "
    Oddly enough, there is now some rumbling that Trump hasn't been racist enough yet. Which is hilarious.

- - - Updated - - -

But it will be a big piece of concrete, a beautiful piece of concrete
    No it won't. He's already danced around that issue, too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saft View Post
    I'm just not seeing the point in pointless resistance as excessive as this. People take turns to shit on Trump every second they get.
    When all he wants is for them to piss on him

Quote Originally Posted by TrumpIsPresident View Post
    Just the infantile, belligerent, militant, went into a state of meltdown cause the candidate wouldn't say he would accept the results then refuse to accept the results ourselves, riot destroy property commit hate crimes and send death threats cause we lost, QQing like a bunch of butt-hurt babies side.

And who the fuck cares if they "boycott" the event.

They weren't invited anyways!

So i guess he isnt "Everyones president" after all?

Quote Originally Posted by Risale View Post
    Were you ever is the better question because from here in the EU it looks like the US is made up of 50 countries that sorta try and get along every so often not unlike the European Union.
    I mean each state has its own laws, taxes, military, politicians & head of state and okay you pay federal tax and send a few muppets to a central location to fuck things up for each individual state, hell thats is exactly like the European Union.

In the last election you had 50% of the voters not bothered to show up and more or less 50/50 in numbers for each candidate but due to some antiquated system that nobody had the balls to repeal you and the world also are now stuck with this muppet (not that the other candidate was any better).

As to the whole boycott if people want to boycott the inauguration that is each persons choice and there right to do so.
    It's not even states. It's big cities vs everyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Its a poll from Gallup. If you're going to shit post at least put some effort into it.
    Silly Wells, didn't you know we can't trust polls anymore?
    Because of the few that were wrong in the last year it has been 100% proven that they are nonsense, plus they are probably lies made by media.

Maybe I should use the media to tell people about them being liars.

The confirmation bias is strong with these people.
    Speciation Is Gradual

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miztickow View Post
    There was a small legal ambiguity on whether Cruz was really eligible or not because he wasn't born on U.S. soil. He was born an American citizen, but the courts never to my knowledge defined what "natural born" meant. It was more likely than not that he was eligible, but there was still like a 1% chance the courts could rule him ineligible.
    Trump thinks "anchor babies" aren't US citizens, said Cruz had a double passport (no such thing), and there was that thing where Trump's mother, Scottish, would have disqualified him too.

Trump has a law degree from Trump University. He wasn't attacking on some niche point in the law that could possibly withstand SCOTUS examination. He was flinging random shit and hoping something stuck.