Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therionn View Post
    Obama should have been much tougher on Russia from the beginning. We should have responded to Russian aggression in Ukraine with way more sanctions/we should have directly armed the Ukrainian military. We should have moved some troops into Ukraine with the Ukrainian Government's permission. Obama has made us look like a paper tiger.
    Most Western leaders don't seem to realize that trying to build relations with Russia is like trying to build relations with a white shark: you can try for a while, but chances are it will only agitate the shark, and you will end up fighting a much more aggressive beast than it was before.

Russian government is like a school bully: the more you try to be nice to it, the more it realizes that it can get away with anything, and the more it will poison your life. Bush tried to build relations and failed, which resulted in a disaster in Georgia; Obama tried, and we got Ukraine, Crimea and Syria things. If Trumpet now tries, then who knows what else happens, but it is unlikely to be good.

If Trump gets impeached early, then there is a chance for pragmatic foreign policies for once. As much as I dislike Pence, he seems to understand the international relations, and he doesn't seem like a guy who will be nice to bullies.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Most Western leaders don't seem to realize that trying to build relations with Russia is like trying to build relations with a white shark: you can try for a while, but chances are it will only agitate the shark, and you will end up fighting a much more aggressive beast than it was before.

Russian government is like a school bully: the more you try to be nice to it, the more it realizes that it can get away with anything, and the more it will poison your life. Bush tried to build relations and failed, which resulted in a disaster in Georgia; Obama tried, and we got Ukraine, Crimea and Syria things. If Trumpet now tries, then who knows what else happens, but it is unlikely to be good.

If Trump gets impeached early, then there is a chance for pragmatic foreign policies for once. As much as I dislike Pence, he seems to understand the international relations, and he doesn't seem like a guy who will be nice to bullies.
    Your views are so distorted and far from reality that if i didn't knew any better i would suggest you to go pay a visit to a doc for a check up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    Your views are so distorted and far from reality that if i didn't knew any better i would suggest you to go pay a visit to a doc for a check up.
    Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.......

Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    Got any recent examples of relations between the West and Russia turning out for the better over a longer peroid? I suggest you open a history book for once in your life.

In the end, it would just end up with Putin making an arse of himself again, before he realised that he'd have to have his tounge far up the Hollywood A-list for anyone to care about him.

Last edited by Crispin; 2017-01-17 at 07:36 AM.

Deleted
    Russia is in wors't geopolitical situation since...200 years, thats my opinion. Basicly "lost" Ukraine (they got Crimea, yeah!), Baltic states, Kazkhstan. And still people think that Putin is some mastermind. Putin is eagle to meet with Trump somewhere in Iceland to kinda revist Cold War, when it was all about USA-USSR. This is silly, i think hes bigger clown than Trump. He lives in past.

Quote Originally Posted by drakus View Post
    Russia is in wors't geopolitical situation since...200 years, thats my opinion. Basicly "lost" Ukraine (they got Crimea, yeah!), Baltic states, Kazkhstan. And still people think that Putin is some mastermind. Putin is eagle to meet with Trump somewhere in Iceland to kinda revist Cold War, when it was all about USA-USSR. This is silly, i think hes bigger clown than Trump. He lives in past.
    He is great tactician when goals are clear, he just isn't great at setting those goals ambitiously enough.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therionn View Post
    Lol... Liberals not even knowing their PC ideology is great
    As your reply doesn't even attempt to argue with my point (or make any sense) I'll just assume you quoted the wrong person.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mangusei View Post
    The sad part is if any of the Eastern Europe countries will be attacked in the future, the Article 5 will prove to be useless. No british, french or german will risk their lives for Lithuanians, Estonians and so on. Our only hope was support from US
    Lithuania and Estonia are both EU members so if Russia attacks them (Which they won't because they are EU members) they would "get rekt" by the EU (which completely out guns Russia).

Putin may have wrecked his own country, but he did considerable damage to the West as well. Russian military intervention was largely responsible for escalating the refugee crisis which has seriously destabilized Europe, and he also managed to sway the outcome both of the Brexit vote and the US election, both of which had results favorable to Russia. Oh sure, none of these helps improve the quality of life for the average Russian citizen, but then again, when in the history of that country has any ruler cared about that?

media in holland here say it will be a disaster if the US and Russia unite

Quote Originally Posted by namecraft View Post
    Disaster for some is opportunity for others.

Noone guaranteed for world order to eternally remain as it was.

Tillerson will likely be Secretary of State in charge of all the foreign affairs, in his hearing before Congress he said Russia is a threat and NATO is a good thing so he's not in lock step with Trump.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Putin may have wrecked his own country, but he did considerable damage to the West as well. Russian military intervention was largely responsible for escalating the refugee crisis which has seriously destabilized Europe, and he also managed to sway the outcome both of the Brexit vote and the US election, both of which had results favorable to Russia. Oh sure, none of these helps improve the quality of life for the average Russian citizen, but then again, when in the history of that country has any ruler cared about that?
    Did you wear tinfoil hat when you posted that nonsense? Or are you so out of touch with reality that you actually believe any of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Got any recent examples of relations between the West and Russia turning out for the better over a longer peroid? I suggest you open a history book for once in your life.

In the end, it would just end up with Putin making an arse of himself again, before he realised that he'd have to have his tounge far up the Hollywood A-list for anyone to care about him.
    The problem is that you never try to understand what forces Russia to act the way they do. Those dudes have a big paranoia with NATO and this is were everything starts. NATO is an alliance created with the purpose of containing and confronting Russia. NATO has been expanding and keeps expanding right on their borders which makes them even more concerned. Can you try to put yourself in their place? I bet you would be paranoid as well. Everything starts from that, everything and no one seems to understand it.

You need to stay for a sec and THINK.

-When are the Russians presenting aggressive behavior?
    -->When NATO threatens to move more closely to their borders and when their population or ally is getting abused.

Does that make them a bad country or illogical? Do you see them invade and bomb random countries just like the Americans are doing at the moment? I think everyone would defend their geopolitical interests and their population security as they are doing. Do you remember how well our relations were with them prior to Ukraine? Prior to that coup?

Listen dude, Russia could be and should be Europe's biggest ally. They are right next door, they have unlimited natural resources and they have common goals as us. What makes them bad and USA / UK / France not who bomb 10 fold and are in a almost constant state of war / conflict, not?

Our relations need to be restored because its in the interest of everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.......
    Kell ill be in Florida next month, would you like to meet and grab some beers? You know bro love and such

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by namecraft View Post
    For who? And why?

Deleted
    Sometimes i feel like Russians almost begging for meetings with Americans to feel important. People have to realize that Ukraines partnership with EU is like nail in de coffin for any kind of Russian "Empire" in near future. Rise of Russia as empire began after kinda participation of Ukraine between Poland and Russia in XVII century. Ukraine is vital for Russia, Russia for Ukraine not really, whole Crimea and Donbas is utter failure, because they Russians are hated in Ukraine,war united nation ( divided before) and i don't see changing in near future (plus large ukrainian communites in countries like Canada, USA, Poland, so these countries will keep eye whats goin on there, even Germany always look on Ukraine as potential ally). And common even Kazakhstan is like quite independent country right now with very limited russian influence at this moment. So maybe Putin is some kind of mastermind of "damage control" game but seriously nothing more. No Russian are not stupid or something like that but their "tools" are very limited. Ok USA will kinda you know redefine NATO, so what will happen? EU countries will spend more money on their armies and potential of EU is much larger than Russia potential, basicly Germany+Poland = Russia manpower. Maybe you don't know but EU changing policy for 2020-25: more (really more) funds for science, security and some try to form EU army. So ye...

This is good news. We are spending too much money on NATO.

Deleted
    Crimea was a strategic play and the only measure there that would keep them in the game. Take my country for example, Romania. Hosts CIA secret prisons, hosts US army base, hosts missle shield base, adds more foreign american soldiers each year by changing our law to extand the limit. Last time I checked Russia deployed 0 soldiers to neighbour EU countries and still 0 to US neighbour countries. Cuba is long a non-issue.

And people still blame Russia when NATO gangs up on Russia since the start of it!

ps: I don't mind a hard military stance against Russia but LET IT BE DONE BY MY OWN COUNTRY, OUR OWN MILITARY AND SOLDIERS not americans! This just shows how much of a peon Romania is, cucked by US for life right now.
    Last edited by mmoc0127ab56ff; 2017-01-17 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Who gives a fucking flying shit about the bases if you are on the same side?
    Well, we tried to get "on the same side" for entirety of first decade of 21th century... get cooperation if not outright joining NATO...

But our attempts were rejected.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    He'll be helped along by every EU government that wants to throw a brick in Germany's face, and that's almost every EU member nation. Let me ask this: Beyond Germany and Merkel has any EU leader attacked Trump? Has anyone slammed him? Has any EU nation said they wouldn't seek to get along with the US?

I guess there's Hollande, but Hollande is at a 4% approval rating and so not representative of France. Francois Fillon, the next French president, is very much a fan of Trump.

Trump has nothing to lose by attacking Merkel. In point of fact people in Europe will dance on the streets the more he does it.
    He is not only attacking Merkel.. He is trying to strong arm private companies with threats of taxation on US sales. BMW´s response was priceless though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    He'll be helped along by every EU government that wants to throw a brick in Germany's face, and that's almost every EU member nation. Let me ask this: Beyond Germany and Merkel has any EU leader attacked Trump? Has anyone slammed him? Has any EU nation said they wouldn't seek to get along with the US?

I guess there's Hollande, but Hollande is at a 4% approval rating and so not representative of France. Francois Fillon, the next French president, is very much a fan of Trump.

Trump has nothing to lose by attacking Merkel. In point of fact people in Europe will dance on the streets the more he does it.
    We would still prefer to work along side Germany than the US, this was even with Obama, why would a shittier person change that? Germany is a more important trading partner.

Our current, and probably going for his third term in march, PM is also a liberal-conservative. So its not like they are far away politically.
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2017-01-17 at 02:04 PM.