Page 26 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    since when is flying half a year away? i havent seen this newz

Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    since when is flying half a year away? i havent seen this newz
    I guess its based on the predictions that 7.2 won't be out until around mid summer. Don't know if that will be true tho.

I have so many problems with Legion at this point. A big one of them is the gating of flight. Without a doubt the bad points I find with Legion now outweigh the good points and with a heavy heart I no longer play the game. I mentioned to my wife when Legion started 'it is like they don't want us to have fun anymore'. Everything came to a head for me on Boxing Day. I logged in and found I couldn't bring myself to do anything. I thought to myself 'I will come back for Nighthold' but realised on logging in this weekend before its release that even it couldn't keep me playing. There is too much wrong with the game. I have logged in every day for 9 years but finally the legacy of the wrongs with WoD and the wrongs with Legion commited by this Dev team have killed my spirit to play. I say to all you anti flyers enjoy your game and I will add here that I am not a lone person doing as I am. For every person like me voicing that they are leaving there are many more silently going away. This game sucks right now and you can have it, I choose not too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiomar View Post
    I have so many problems with Legion at this point. A big one of them is the gating of flight. Without a doubt the bad points I find with Legion now outweigh the good points and with a heavy heart I no longer play the game. I mentioned to my wife when Legion started 'it is like they don't want us to have fun anymore'. Everything came to a head for me on Boxing Day. I logged in and found I couldn't bring myself to do anything. I thought to myself 'I will come back for Nighthold' but realised on logging in this weekend before its release that even it couldn't keep me playing. There is too much wrong with the game. I have logged in every day for 9 years but finally the legacy of the wrongs with WoD and the wrongs with Legion commited by this Dev team have killed my spirit to play. I say to all you anti flyers enjoy your game and I will add here that I am not a lone person doing as I am. For every person like me voicing that they are leaving there are many more silently going away. This game sucks right now and you can have it, I choose not too.
    I for one love Legion and think the game is awesome, so far loved it in all of its iterations except for WoD. But there is no saying who is leaving, how many, and for what reason. Though i do hope you can find the passion in it sometime in the future.

Deleted
    Can't understand why they have to delay flying so much.......

They delay it that much because they would like to throw it away completely. So they compromise and give us flying late. That´s better then never and they can build zones that we have to explore a certain way. Which is good in my book.

Hopefully the delay is because they had already planned on not having flying in this expansion while they were half way done with it so it was only complicated to add it from the start. We'll see what the future holds.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still love seeing random players being chased by 20 mobs they aggroed Introducing flying will make the the zone a total joke, they might as well just give you free WQ in that case
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalamander View Post
    I guess its based on the predictions that 7.2 won't be out until around mid summer. Don't know if that will be true tho.
    Plus the fact there will be reps to grind up and some gated quest that will take another month or three if the rest of Legion is anything to go by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitak View Post
    I still love seeing random players being chased by 20 mobs they aggroed Introducing flying will make the the zone a total joke, they might as well just give you free WQ in that case
    When does that happen?

World is full of people at 110 and ilvl 850+. Nothing in the world is dangerous beyond world bosses. Even when levelling the world isn't a threat whatsoever

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zalamander View Post
    Which I disagree with

I am confident 7.2 will be released in April with the raid hitting June

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I am confident 7.2 will be released in April with the raid hitting June
    That would actually bring us up to the six months stated in the title, unless breaching the tomb only includes pre-raid stuff and not actually entering the raid in any difficulty. Still, that's way too long to wait with flying for me. I fully agree with the concept of Pathfinder, I just don't like that it takes this long to unlock.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    That would actually bring us up to the six months stated in the title, unless breaching the tomb only includes pre-raid stuff and not actually entering the raid in any difficulty. Still, that's way too long to wait with flying for me. I fully agree with the concept of Pathfinder, I just don't like that it takes this long to unlock.
    I agree it probably should've hit in 7.1 or 7.1.5 however we also have 7.3

Quote Originally Posted by Mitak View Post
    Zones are already a total joke, Use the LW crafted item which prevents daze while mounted and ignore everything.

Find what you're after? dismount and aoe anything that followed you then complete your objective.

In all honestly the only WQ's i'm doing now are for emissary caches so the world itself is already mostly obsolete for me, Having flying 6 months from now won't suddenly make the world more relevant or engaging, Nor would it take away from how boring and brainless it currently is.

Flight point to nearest position to WQ, Run to WQ and complete it, Whistle back to FP and repeat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Feuerbart View Post
    They delay it that much because they would like to throw it away completely. So they compromise and give us flying late. That´s better then never and they can build zones that we have to explore a certain way. Which is good in my book.
    Yeah there's nothing wrong with that but you need to give players a way to get to the general area they want to be in quickly, if there's no flying. It works great in GW2, for example. No flying, but its not anything you miss - because the travel system is good. Wow flight paths are not a good travel system. They're long, boring afk magnets, so people would rather fly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I agree it probably should've hit in 7.1 or 7.1.5 however we also have 7.3
    7.3 would be waaaaay too long for most pro-fliers. It would even make me quit completely and not just temporarily. 7.1 launch would be too early (even for me), so able to complete last bits during 7.1 would have been perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    It took you 45 minutes to locate some stairs?
    Or a grappling hook..

Leveling alts, getting the Broken Isle reputations up to exalted, exploring every place in the Broken Isles.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Yeah the problem is world/daily quests are an outdated boring concept. Flying would just make it more bearable but the real problem is the concept of doing the same set of quests every day/week.

Fun fact : there were no daily quests in vanilla.
    Fun fact : Not everyone had Epic mounts until the end of vanilla too, lets go back to those days. Except with flying, make flying actually mean something, inc omg shut up elitist. The cool thing about epic mounts in early vanilla was that they meant something, it wasn't just some birthright to have an epic mount, the people that had them either were raiders or people that learned how to make the most from crafting.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    Fun fact : Not everyone had Epic mounts until the end of vanilla too, lets go back to those days. Except with flying, make flying actually mean something, inc omg shut up elitist. The cool thing about epic mounts in early vanilla was that they meant something, it wasn't just some birthright to have an epic mount, the people that had them either were raiders or people that learned how to make the most from crafting.
    They meant something only for those who got them the FIRST time. What do you think would've happened if Blizzard decided to remove epic mounts back then? RIOT. But I bet there would still be some weirdos telling everybody that epic mount is too fast and it should be restricted... member how awesome it was when you got your 60% mount at level 40? It meant something!
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    To stretch out the content and get you to resub later when they add it.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.