Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best In Slot for Assassination in The Nighthold

So what is the ideal setup for you guys are aiming for?

Here is mine ( with the legendaries i have)

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simula...9a407bb44a6630

You guys agree? can come with a better setup ?

i see no scenario in which convergence is not bis for assa

unless two other trinkets are so blatantly overpowered it's not worth using

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    i see no scenario in which convergence is not bis for assa

unless two other trinkets are so blatantly overpowered it's not worth using
    Any scenario where it doesn't proc enough to give you at least 1 extra cast, and there will be many scenarios where that happens, trinket don't proc often and most sins wont be using vendetta relics anymore, they aren't bis now that they got nerfed, unless you have leg boots.

Deleted
    Is there actually a bis list out there? Taking out warforged etc

Quote Originally Posted by Alexi View Post
    Is there actually a bis list out there? Taking out warforged etc
    No and it wouldnt make any sense.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    No and it wouldnt make any sense.

It would make perfect sense to be honest. If it weren't for warforged and random sockets we'd have a bis list like every expansion.

But yeah you're dead right...

Deleted
    only 2 things from NH are true BiS, nightbloom trinket and tier set, (shoulders + gloves offset from anywhere else)

But we do have WF and sockets.
    And BiS lists were bull, like every expansion.
    -Voltaire
    winning

If you have the boots the CoF trinket is pretty much BiS everything else is relative.

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    Any scenario where it doesn't proc enough to give you at least 1 extra cast, and there will be many scenarios where that happens, trinket don't proc often and most sins wont be using vendetta relics anymore, they aren't bis now that they got nerfed, unless you have leg boots.
    this was just as true for 3 MA relics and people were still running it

the trinket has 3 PPM, so more often than not it will give you an extra cast

with boots it lets you sync exsang and KB again as well which is downright insane, it sims like an extra 30k on my assa rogue, and while im reluctant to trust trinket sims yet (seeing as for example in AMR NBF is simming me an extra 26k dps even in equal ilvl which just seems downright retarded) it's probably gonna be BiS unless you dont run boots and MA relics

this was just as true for 3 MA relics and people were still running it

the trinket has 3 PPM, so more often than not it will give you an extra cast

with boots it lets you sync exsang and KB again as well which is downright insane, it sims like an extra 30k on my assa rogue, and while im reluctant to trust trinket sims yet (seeing as for example in AMR NBF is simming me an extra 26k dps even in equal ilvl which just seems downright retarded) it's probably gonna be BiS unless you dont run boots and MA relics
    To run boots one has to have them first, but the game prefers to drop every other legendary for me. But its not the same if youre not using MA relics and boots x if you are. Im disconsidering fight duration here for the sake of simplicity, If you are not using relics + boots you need the trinket to proc 24 times to get 1 vendetta worth of CD reduction, if you are running boots and relics you need it to proc 10 times +/- for that extra vendetta. The trinket is obviously way stronger on the second scenario.
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2017-01-17 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    To run boots one has to have them first, but the game prefers to drop every other legendary for me. But its not the same if youre not using MA relics and boots x if you are. Im disconsidering fight duration here for the sake of simplicity, If you are not using relics + boots you need the trinket to proc 24 times to get 1 vendetta worth of CD reduction, if you are running boots and relics you need it to proc 10 times +/- for that extra vendetta. The trinket is obviously way stronger on the second scenario.
    you dont need a vendetta worth of CDR for you to cast a new vendetta in the fight tho, that's kind of a skewed way of calculating it

you dont need a vendetta worth of CDR for you to cast a new vendetta in the fight tho, that's kind of a skewed way of calculating it
    Depends on the fight duration, and that varies a lot, I was just ignoring fight duration for the sake of simplicity. Anyway the point is its easier to get 1 extra vendetta when your base cd is shorter, and with enough procs for 1 extra vendetta without boots and relics you probably get 2, maybe even 3 when you do have those things. So the value of this trinket varies a lot depending on how your character is built, and its quite hard to simulate tbh.

Deleted
    Nightmare fond is showing so extremly strong for me in AMR, is this correct? like massive massive better than any other

Quote Originally Posted by osicat View Post
    Nightmare fond is showing so extremly strong for me in AMR, is this correct? like massive massive better than any other
    Trinkets sims aren't reliable before we have actual logs to analyze, so don't trust trinkets sim yet.

Quote Originally Posted by osicat View Post
    i sincerely hope a single trinket wont give like 10% dmg done in and of itself(over a similar item good trinket)

that's more than soul capa lol, so it's probably wrong

especially since if that trinket works that well for assa, for slice and dice outlaw it'd give like 100k dps
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2017-01-17 at 06:07 PM.

But we do have WF and sockets.
    And BiS lists were bull, like every expansion.
    Not really, BIS lists were awesome because we had idea on what we should focus instead of stealing other people gear just because it was ~5% upgrade for us and it was BIS for them.

Though they don't make any sense now with TF/WF/sockets..

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Not really, BIS lists were awesome because we had idea on what we should focus instead of stealing other people gear just because it was ~5% upgrade for us and it was BIS for them.

Though they don't make any sense now with TF/WF/sockets..
    Only a 5% upgrade? Sacrilege.
    And in which loot system thats relevant does it matter if you think in a whiff that it is an upgrade and you steal other people's bis? Either you have loot council or you dont need bis lists.
    -Voltaire
    winning

Only a 5% upgrade? Sacrilege.
    And in which loot system thats relevant does it matter if you think in a whiff that it is an upgrade and you steal other people's bis? Either you have loot council or you dont need bis lists.
    5% upgrade compared to the other item, not to the overall DPS.

Even with a loot council some people are still getting their non-bis items because it's better upgrade for them, not because it's their "bis".

Whether to give the item in question to people for which it is the greater upgrade or for which it was the BiS (the last upgrade) was a philosophical question even before warforged/etc.

Now, with all the possible variations in itemdrops and also in stat weights there is even less ground to postulate a theoretical "maximum DPS equipment".

It should be much more useful to now your approximate stat weights and how to sim yourself.
    -Voltaire
    winning