DH Vengeance PvP

Hey guys, I just want some advice on the viability of Vengeance DHs in arenas and BGs. I know that it doesn't make sense and that I should play Havoc and kill everybody, but I have some much fun playing as Vengeance that it would be awesome to find a nice build to be decent in PvP (i have no ambitions of reaching high rankings).

For example, I don't have a clue on which stats I shall go for. I'm guessing that Mastery would be the obvious choice, but after it, Haste? Critc?

I don't know if Haste makes sense in arenas, while Crit gives us more parry and I'm guessing that more damage, and it's annoying that our artifact has Crit on it, as most of our legendaries, I never get that, why put Crit on our artifact if its the less desirable stat?

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    For example, I don't have a clue on which stats I shall go for.
    Stats are irrelevant in instanced PvP as it only uses PvP templates and your ilvl. Vengeance are decent flag carriers and bad everywhere else. All tanks take 25% (don't know exact number) extra damage in instanced PvP.

Thanks for the answer. I heard about templates but I didn't know that they work like that. So in PvP instances, my ''customization'' depends on my talents and my IL? I cannot go for a Crit build or a Mastery build?

10+ Year Old Account
    In PvP take all the primary and secondary stats off your gea, ignore trinkets and legendaries. Your ilvl and talent choices are all that make a difference. When in PvP you should see a buff that tells you how much stronger you are based on you ilvl.

FWIW,, ive been playing vengeance BG today.. huge improvements.. especially with demon spikes + fracture + soul barrier
    Rawr

Im looking forward to try fracture

10+ Year Old Account
    Tanks are still bad in PvP, but the DS/Fracture changes are nice. Fracture needed a reduced cost at launch. However, I am generating too many souls to even use them all effectively.
    The only people you have control over is yourself. If you want to make a point, leave proper, factual replies.

I agree, I don't feel comfortable using Fracture. BTW, which is the best way to use Soul Cleave? With 30 or 60 Pain?

Depends, mostly you want to use it at 60 but if you really need the heal and dmg redu, below 60 is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinary View Post
    Depends, mostly you want to use it at 60 but if you really need the heal and dmg redu, below 60 is fine.
    I see, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Doirdyn View Post
    Tanks are still bad in PvP, but the DS/Fracture changes are nice. Fracture needed a reduced cost at launch. However, I am generating too many souls to even use them all effectively.
    All those souls -= soul barrier , pain bringer, ( more chances to pop meta for 100% armor and improved shear) and the heals themselves

fracture lus demon spikes is good ST dps in pvp.. no solo, but enough for good preasure
    Rawr

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baneberry View Post
    All those souls -= soul barrier , pain bringer, ( more chances to pop meta for 100% armor and improved shear) and the heals themselves

fracture lus demon spikes is good ST dps in pvp.. no solo, but enough for good preasure
    The meta trait has a PPM limit. You don't have enough pain to absorb all the souls with SC (maybe with the set bonus this will change) and nerfs to Soul Barrier uptime really don't work well with all the souls we're generating now.

Tank DPS is not good in pvp.
    The only people you have control over is yourself. If you want to make a point, leave proper, factual replies.

You can just run over the soul fragment to pick it up and let it heal you or proc the meta. Also, tell prot pala that tank dps is not good in pvp.

Deleted
    Don't.

Just don't.

I've tried and it's the most infuriating, stressful, useless pvp spec template of all time.
    In World PvP you are a god. In instanced you are a useless worm without damage and without survival. You are nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Don't.

Just don't.

I've tried and it's the most infuriating, stressful, useless pvp spec template of all time.
    In World PvP you are a god. In instanced you are a useless worm without damage and without survival. You are nothing.
    I dont think i was even able to run flags faster as feral ever in my life compared to abyssal strike plus rampage on a vdh now...

in non flag running BGs spikes/fracture/talent that ups dps 15% when alone, make you a decent node defender.

also the cc between imprision, aoe silence, aoe fear, aoe snare (infernal strike slow) and aoe grip/slow have caused havoc in BGs

IM not saying its a killer spec, or the best tank spec.. nor am i saying it would work in arenas... but its better
    Rawr

Deleted
    Ok, i need to rethink my opinion about DH Vengeance on PvP after watching this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9z_efDfzUQ

I was using the wrong talents and that's why i had no damage. I forgot Fracture and Felblade...maybe its viable with this 2 spells.
    Or maybe its just my wishfull thinking having the best of me. I really want it to work