Page 43 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    You do realize absent the ACA, you still pay for the fucking anonymous people you are deriding right?
    People who vehemently oppose the ACA with no real clue as to why? You think they'd have any idea where and why their tax dollars go? That's a good one.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehshocka View Post
    Largest Money Transfer event ever finally ending!

Lets screw the healthy and successful Americans so that 6% of the population who made shit life choices have ANOTHER safety net. Because SNAP, EBT, WIC, etc. isnt enough.

Good Riddance. Get a career, enjoy the benefits of having one.
    And make sure to not get cancer or be born with a shitty disease!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    People who vehemently oppose the ACA with no real clue as to why? You think they'd have any idea where and why their tax dollars go? That's a good one.
    Of course they don't their ideology and anger is directed towards minorities and other "undeserving" people that they consider sub-human. Hmmmmmm, where have we heard that type of language before?????
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

$16 Trillion dollars was "transferred" by the Fed for the sake of corporate welfare.
    Lets screw the healthy and successful Americans so that 6% of the population who made shit life choices have ANOTHER safety net. Because SNAP, EBT, WIC, etc. isnt enough.
    Most of those 6% are those that were born with problems.
    I suggest you get an education before making yourself appear more stupid than you already have.
    I certainly have issues with the ACA. But a person having a pre-existing condition shouldn't have to go through more hell than life has already given him/her.

I dont oppose ACA, I oppose the government safety net that has grown substantially over the years. I took out a loan to go to college and worked retail throughout those very long 4.5 year to get my degree in Electrical Engineering. That loan is now paid off, I pay myself first (retirement), enjoy nice things in life, all because I took a RISK on ME!!!!

So WHY should I fund your faults. I want my tax money going to infrastructure, first responder in national tradgedies, military, paying the national debt down. Not funding people's bad frickin choices in life.

Yes, of course, keep making attempts to make 20 million sound like a small number of people. Hell, why don't you just talk about 20 million in terms of the overall world population? That would certainly make 20 million people seem like nothing. Those 20 million people can just go fuck themselves since they're only 0.25% of the world population, that's nothing! They can die for all you care.

Stay "woke", rofl.

- - - Updated - - -

Way to ignore the rest of what I said. Go read an article that addresses the inflation between 2000-2008, and before that, and 2008-present.

Or stay in your echo chamber of what you want to hear. Either way. It's no skin off my back if you stay woke inside your own little dream world.
    You fail to address facts and ignore them, cling to old data because it doesn't make your boy a hero. Really no point in talking to someone who ignores facts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    If it saves those people from huge debts and being be-able to afford healthcare? sure.
    Actually it has increased dept for everyone has medical cost have skyrocketed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    $16 Trillion dollars was "transferred" by the Fed for the sake of corporate welfare.

I suggest you get an education before making yourself appear more stupid than you already have.
    I certainly have issues with the ACA. But a person having a pre-existing condition shouldn't have to go through more hell than life has already given him/her.
    20 mil != 330 million

I get paid handsomely to be "uneducated" thanks Uncle Sam!

I dont oppose ACA, I oppose the government safety net that has grown substantially over the years. I took out a loan to go to college and worked retail throughout those very long 4.5 year to get my degree in Electrical Engineering. That loan is now paid off, I pay myself first (retirement), enjoy nice things in life, all because I took a RISK on ME!!!!

So WHY should I fund your faults. I want my tax money going to infrastructure, first responder in national tradgedies, military, paying the national debt down. Not funding people's bad frickin choices in life.
    And you're still talking ignorance...

Get it through that thick skull...it's not poor life choices...

- - - Updated - - -

20 mil != 330 million

I get paid handsomely to be "uneducated" thanks Uncle Sam!
    And still ignorant...you're complaining about something that's a drop in the fucking bucket in comparison.

Are you that stupid?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I agree with that. And the plan to replace the ACA has to have that as part of it. I am sure it will.

The only thing that was good with the ACA was the two parts which dealt with pre-existing conditions and keeping your kids on it until they reach age 26. But overall, the ACA will be history in say, two years. Maybe less.

But personally, the right plan to replace health care in the US has not and will more than likely never be implemented. Universal health care with price controls of the services provided.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/09/16/news...st-in-32years/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I agree with that. And the plan to replace the ACA has to have that as part of it. I am sure it will.

The only thing that was good with the ACA was the two parts which dealt with pre-existing conditions and keeping your kids on it until they reach age 26. But overall, the ACA will be history in say, two years. Maybe less.

But personally, the right plan to replace health care in the US has not and will more than likely never be implemented. Universal health care with price controls of the services provided.
    I disagree with this. At first the keeping kids on till they are 26 would be excluded if a 26 year old had a job with insurance, but not you can keep them on even if they can get their own insurance. As the result many large companies, such as UPS has dropped Spouses from their plans to offset the cost.

If the kid is in college, sure let them stay on your plan, but to have a grown adult who has a job that they can get health insurance through can still be on mommy and daddy's plan is fucking retarded.

15+ Year Old Account
    You fail to address facts and ignore them, cling to old data because it doesn't make your boy a hero. Really no point in talking to someone who ignores facts.
    "I'm not going to look up what's ACTUALLY happening with the costs because it would completely demolish what I believe is happening. So I'm just going to spew random bullshit at this guy who's challenging my dream world I've conjured."

As pointed out, the article makes speculations and doesn't touch on any of the real costs or numbers. It is quite hilarious that you claim that others are ignoring facts while you base your entire viewpoints of the world on speculations, rather than the real numbers that we have in our hands.

Stay woke.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

And you're still talking ignorance...

Get it through that thick skull...it's not poor life choices...
    Hmmmmmmmm so let's flesh this out.

Making bad choices: Getting knocked up, doing drugs, getting expelled, dropping out, ruining your credit because you dont understand, no desire to want out because you now know the path of government benefits and some people literally WANT to stay in that bubble forever.

Now as far as people with pre-existing conditions. It is truly unfortunate that this is the group ACA was CLEARLY designed for but was not implemented in a way that didn't screw over 94% of the rest of the population. However, back to my premise:

Do you really think outside of the very SMALL outlier that these people put in to the system what they take out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка

Actually it has increased dept for everyone has medical cost have skyrocketed.
    Probably why universal healthcare is even better, or atleast force insurance companies to lower prices.
    But it saves lives, so its still better than nothing in my eyes.

10+ Year Old Account

Good Riddance. Get a career, enjoy the benefits of having one.
    So lets assume your little attitude goes through here. 42% of Americans make less than a livable wage. That means that 2 out of every 5 people you meet in this country of working age and ability don't make enough to contribute to a healthy economic cycle. The lower they are below that threshold the more Government assistance they need, and the less they're able to spend. The less goods and services being bought the less hours needed to be worked to produce those goods the less jobs we need.

With less revenue in the private sector there is less tax income. With less tax income and more people on Government assistance the less infrastructure is maintained. This means higher energy costs, more for car repair, and all sorts of things that affect the average persons daily life.

As the costs of living rises and people can't afford shelter, food, and healthcare things start to unravel. Violent crime spikes upward, drug use and abuse climbs as people try to self-medicate for treatment they can't afford, the economy starts to collapse and we see incredibly high unemployment that hits everybody in one way or the other.

I can tell you where we are right now, and there's only one real solution when all this happens. America is going to need a President who believes in equality in between worker and employer. As a strong woman once wrote, that "a business has no right to exist which cannot pay every employee a living wage." Someone who can give the American people a new path, a strong labor force, someone whose economic plan puts money directly into the pockets of the working class with projects that benefit the country. A sort of 'New Deal' so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I hope so.
    I confess my biggest issue with the ACA was mandating the purchase of health insurance. (Of course the shit show from my employer telling me that my options were now better than the HMO I had was embarrassing after I delineated point-for-point how wrong they were)
    If Trump gives us this Sanders' plan, with prescription drugs in direct negotiating with government...I'm going to be utterly surprised....speechless.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Probably why universal healthcare is even better, or atleast force insurance companies to lower prices.
    But it saves lives, so its still better than nothing in my eyes.
    Pretty much. If he seriously believes costs have sky rocketed, that's simply an all out force of reason to support single payer all that much more - it would significantly reduce costs for everyone.

Even though his fantasy dream world of massive inflation isn't a reality, single payer would still reduce costs well below what they are now. But socialized medicine is evil, and will lead to the deaths of millions of Americans because Stalin.

Quote Originally Posted by Madwolf View Post
    So lets assume your little attitude goes through here. 42% of Americans make less than a livable wage. That means that 2 out of every 5 people you meet in this country of working age and ability don't make enough to contribute to a healthy economic cycle. The lower they are below that threshold the more Government assistance they need, and the less they're able to spend. The less goods and services being bought the less hours needed to be worked to produce those goods the less jobs we need.

With less revenue in the private sector there is less tax income. With less tax income and more people on Government assistance the less infrastructure is maintained. This means higher energy costs, more for car repair, and all sorts of things that affect the average persons daily life.

As the costs of living rises and people can't afford shelter, food, and healthcare things start to unravel. Violent crime spikes upward, drug use and abuse climbs as people try to self-medicate for treatment they can't afford, the economy starts to collapse and we see incredibly high unemployment that hits everybody in one way or the other.

I can tell you where we are right now, and there's only one real solution when all this happens. America is going to need a President who believes in equality in between worker and employer. As a strong woman once wrote, that "a business has no right to exist which cannot pay every employee a living wage." Someone who can give the American people a new path, a strong labor force, someone whose economic plan puts money directly into the pockets of the working class with projects that benefit the country. A sort of 'New Deal' so to speak.
    You must of missed the part where I said where I wanted my tax dollars going to.

Btw,

I dont know if you notices the amount of Manufacturing jobs TRUMP has brokered so far, but it might sruprise you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hmmmmmmmm so let's flesh this out.

Making bad choices: Getting knocked up, doing drugs, getting expelled, dropping out, ruining your credit because you dont understand, no desire to want out because you now know the path of government benefits and some people literally WANT to stay in that bubble forever.

Now as far as people with pre-existing conditions. It is truly unfortunate that this is the group ACA was CLEARLY designed for but was not implemented in a way that didn't screw over 94% of the rest of the population. However, back to my premise:

Do you really think outside of the very SMALL outlier that these people put in to the system what they take out?
    You still aren't understanding the basic concept of insurance and what YOUR TAXES GO TO. Regardless of whether the ACA exists, you still pay for these "undeserving" people.
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much. If he seriously believes costs have sky rocketed, that's simply an all out force of reason to support single payer all that much more - it would significantly reduce costs for everyone.

Even though his fantasy dream world of massive inflation isn't a reality, single payer would still reduce costs well below what they are now. But socialized medicine is evil, and will lead to the deaths of millions of Americans because Stalin.
    I can tell you for sure my health care costs have risen the last several years much faster than the rate of inflation has. I get a cost of living increase based on CPI. The one big issue is, the CPI does not cover health care increases. :P Some years it eats up the CPI I get and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    You still aren't understanding the basic concept of insurance and what YOUR TAXES GO TO. Regardless of whether the ACA exists, you still pay for these "undeserving" people.
    True but prior to ACA, it also didn't raise peoples premiums drastically.