No forced PvP
    No forced raiding
    Sub race options
    character creation overhaul
    a few new race/class options
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Let me solo everything. Everything. Not joking. That's the one takeaway from Diablo Blizzard should keep.
    Can't disagree. I'm still salty that Loremaster/Pathfinder requires a raid and the class hall campaign is not soloable. I'm not keen on the Illidan quest requiring 80 dungeons either, but for all I know that one will culminate in a raid as well so maybe it was never meant for casuals/soloers in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserChild9 View Post
    You mean like the Legion Invasions? Those ones that at Blizzcon the devs said they liked and would like to implement similar things in the future?
    No. Those were on fixed timers, in fixed locations. I enjoyed them nonetheless, but they were not dynamic.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    No welfare legendarys
    No forced PvP
    No forced raiding
    Sub race options
    character creation overhaul
    a few new race/class options
    There is no forced pvp or raiding, those are both optional. There are no welfare legendaries in legion, welfare legendaries are the ones from MoP and WoD where everybody got the same one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    No. Those were on fixed timers, in fixed locations. I enjoyed them nonetheless, but they were not dynamic.
    The thing is, just like world quests were new and shiny, dynamic events would get old and boring fast, faster in fact than world quests because I imagine most quests are easy to design (collect x items, kill x mobs etc) whereas creating various events that can pop up at various places in the world and make them diverse enough that they don't all feel the same would take up a lot of resources.

They need to stop changing classes / talents / stats / gearing models.

They need to do more new content rather than keep reusing the same old content over and over in ten difficulty modes and seven "timewalking" or "max-level" variations.

Long and short, they have to put in the work. Real work, not the usual stupid rehashes that are so attractive from the point of view of the devs (devs love to "iterate", because the results are more predictable), but have terrible ROI.

Remove WF/TF/Socket/Bonus stats.
    Bring back pre-legion weapons.
    Lock M+ spam (not one per week but something reasonable)

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    1. World Quests. This was fun at the beginning, but when I saw there was an 10000 achievement I just gave up./quote]
    First of all, you have a real problem if you quit doing something you like, just because there is an achievement for doing it an absurd amount of times. There is no reason to do 10.000 WQs, so why is that a problem? Maybe you will in the span of 3 years do 10k and get that achievement, maybe not, but it's not important.
    Second, less quests with bigger rewards is very bad design. It forces people to be online every day just to get enough quests to get what they need/want. Now I can do 1 quest when I have 10 minutes to login or all quests when I have all day, and skip the next day.

quote]2. Legendary items and WF/TF. One of the biggest issues is the RNG of this expansion.
    I love legendaries, WF/TF and RNG. I love the thrill of not knowing what you get, of hoping for something good, of opening a chest and getting a legendary or a 890 from a WQ. I love how every content can still provide me updates and I'm not stuck at 810 forever because I don't raid. I would hate knowing I had to kill a boss a 100 times for something I wanted, even though it might take me 500 times with RNG. It could also take just 1 kill! People upset about this RNG, are people who think they need BiS to be competitive, even though they are not even in a top 100 guild. Those people can go learn some selfcontrol!

3. Artifact Power. I hate AP farming and so does most people it seems.
    Farming? Why would you farm it? I haven't farmed one bit and am at 35. That's plenty to clear Mythic raids and dungeons. You force yourself to do things that you don't need to and then cry that you didn't want to. And then want it removed, because you don't have selfcontrol. It shouldn't be accountwide either. If you want to play alts, play alts. Before AP you needed to gear alts too (and farm badges and stuff for upgrades), nothing changed.

4. Zones, flying, leveling etc.
    While I love the zones, I do agree flying should be in as soon as you are max level and get the current loremaster/reputation achievement. There is zero use in keeping us grounded after that. No content has been skipped, we all got to see and do it the way Blizzard intended it, now let us mount up and fly.

5. Mythic+. Some people love it, some hate it. I like the idea of it BUT it failed cause it's so extremly gear depending.
    That is not a fail. It was and is supposed to be an alternative to raiding. Raiding is highly gear dependant. This is exactly what it was meant to be. You can argue for another mode (as if we don't have enough) where you can do a dungeon with scaled gear, but Mythic+ as it stands is exactly what is should be; an alternative upgrade path/activity to raiding.

These are just some ideas that I think would really save the game.
    There is nothing to save. There are just things you dislike and want changed, but the game itself doesn't need saving. I love it, many other people do too. Try to remember that.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well, they got shat on ever since WotLK. Boy did this forum hate WotLk...and then Cata..and then MoP..and then WoD...and now Legion

- - - Updated - - -

Where and when are we forced to do pvp or raid?
    to continue the suramar storyline

- - - Updated - - -

And there are welfare legendarys, I got mine from a small treasure chest in aszuna, I want none of that or mop/wod style.
    Last edited by Kellorion; 2017-01-16 at 04:57 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Envy. People hate it when they see someone with low ilvl get an item with a higher ilvl than what they have.
    That's a part of it, for every human.

But there's also the part where it makes content redundant. I.E crafting gets destroyed by WF/TF, and slowly NH/TOV will too erode over time even if you've never done that content before.

Next expac you won't even have to raid or do dungeons, quests will give a 50% chance at proccing BIS. Then even the most casual player doesn't have to do any challenging content.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Oh, come on, now. Raiding may not be technically "required" (arguably nothing is other than a subscription), but it's a gate to flying (which has nothing to do with raiding and should've been completely soloable).

PvP this expansion tends to happen whether you like it or not. The best place to farm for the Diablo event was in the Underbelly (and there were a lot of hiccups with the guards that caused people to end up flagged regardless of hiring one). There are some places in the open world that are PvP flagged some days and not others, like NW Azsuna. Not to mention using the group finder doesn't tell you if you're about to be phased into a PvP realm so, surprise, PvP! (The latter happens to me a lot.) So, yes, "forced" PvP happens with disturbing frequency in Legion whether people want to acknowledge it or not.

The thing is, just like world quests were new and shiny, dynamic events would get old and boring fast, faster in fact than world quests because I imagine most quests are easy to design (collect x items, kill x mobs etc) whereas creating various events that can pop up at various places in the world and make them diverse enough that they don't all feel the same would take up a lot of resources.
    The world of WoW has always been dead so, yes, it would require Blizzard devs focus some effort and attention on outdoor instead of instanced content. DEs work well in the MMOs that have them and I find them consistently entertaining.
    Last edited by Lane; 2017-01-16 at 08:18 PM.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, come on, now. Raiding may not be technically "required" (arguably nothing is other than a subscription), but it's a gate to flying (which has nothing to do with raiding and should've been completely soloable).
    Whilst I agree with this, the problem is people love LFR, personally I hate it, I think raiding should have been left as content for organised groups, but when raids are now so accessable that you can pretty much afk in LFR and nobody notices, why is that a problem? Even after that, normal is now only as difficult as flex was and is easily puggable. Lots of content is gated behind other kinds of content and always has been, what about the "What a long strange trip its been" for the purple proto-drake? I think the majority of the monthly events had a pvp requirement to get them, frustrating, yes, but it rarely required you to be skilled in pvp.

PvP this expansion tends to happen whether you like it or not. The best place to farm for the Diablo event was in the Underbelly (and there were a lot of hiccups with the guards that caused people to end up flagged regardless of hiring one). There are some places in the open world that are PvP flagged some days and not others, like NW Azsuna. Not to mention using the group finder doesn't tell you if you're about to be phased into a PvP realm so, surprise, PvP! (The latter happens to me a lot.) So, yes, "forced" PvP happens with disturbing frequency in Legion whether people want to acknowledge it or not.
    I agree that the group finder pvp flags are irritating but as much as it annoys me, I haven't been ganked as a result of them this expansion, the only place I have is in the underbelly before I found out you could hire a guard.

The world of WoW has always been dead so, yes, it would require Blizzard devs focus some effort and attention on outdoor instead of instanced content. DEs work well in the MMOs that have them and I find them consistently entertaining.
    That maybe so but how do you decide what content gets scaled back in favour of these dynamic events? I don't doubt that dynamic events are popular and fun in other MMO's, but wow has not suffered without them thus far. As far as I'm aware (and this may be wrong, I don't know, feel free to correct me), but wow has never been anything less than the most dominant MMO out there, I cant think of any other MMO's that have ever attracted as large a paying player base as wow has in its lifetime so the majority of players must be happy with the instanced content otherwise why would they continue to play. Look at the complaints about the lack of new dungeon content in MoP or Cata, cant remember which, but people complained there weren't enough. There are also complaints about lack of raid content, people hark back to Cata's first tier and its 3 raids and anything less just earns complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by dmerriam005 View Post
    solution: BRING BACK THE OLD DEVELOPERS, not this fresh team of rookies who have no idea what they are doing
    Here's what I say to this:

Out with the old, In with the new.

Whilst I agree with this, the problem is people love LFR, personally I hate it, I think raiding should have been left as content for organised groups, but when raids are now so accessable that you can pretty much afk in LFR and nobody notices, why is that a problem? Even after that, normal is now only as difficult as flex was and is easily puggable. Lots of content is gated behind other kinds of content and always has been, what about the "What a long strange trip its been" for the purple proto-drake? I think the majority of the monthly events had a pvp requirement to get them, frustrating, yes, but it rarely required you to be skilled in pvp.
    Do they? I've only ever read complaints about LFR from both sides of the fence. There's so much gratuitous gating behind instanced group content this expansion I question if it's to increase participation in activities people otherwise wouldn't care to do. It's gone beyond gear and cosmetics now, you cannot complete the major quest lines of the expansion without it now.

No one's forcing you to do a 10k achievement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Farming? Why would you farm it? I haven't farmed one bit and am at 35. That's plenty to clear Mythic raids and dungeons. You force yourself to do things that you don't need to and then cry that you didn't want to. And then want it removed, because you don't have selfcontrol. It shouldn't be accountwide either. If you want to play alts, play alts. Before AP you needed to gear alts too (and farm badges and stuff for upgrades), nothing changed.
    There are 3 weapons that you can get to 54. That is almost 200 million AP you need to max all of them. If I am to do that before the expansion ends, I do need to farm.

There are 3 weapons that you can get to 54. That is almost 200 million AP you need to max all of them. If I am to do that before the expansion ends, I do need to farm.

Why do you need that? Unless you are raiding in a top 100 guild (I even dare say top 10), there is no need to max a weapon, let alone 3.

Deleted
    So because "You" don't like a game we should adapt to the unrealistic changes you want?

Get in line for the QQ posts on the forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    But you don't have to get all 3 maxed, again, this is something you have decided you need to do, you don't get anything for doing it and you dont lose anything by not doing it, it's optional but you talk about it like its a requirement. You are a self confessed achievement hunter but you seem to be complaining about things Blizzard have given you to achieve. Its not much of an achievement if its easy.

Do they? I've only ever read complaints about LFR from both sides of the fence. There's so much gratuitous gating behind instanced group content this expansion I question if it's to increase participation in activities people otherwise wouldn't care to do. It's gone beyond gear and cosmetics now, you cannot complete the major quest lines of the expansion without it now.
    Any thread I have ever seen that queries the removal of LFR is usually full of people that want it kept and think those that don't are just elitist. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of people that hate it as well, but the fact that it has not been removed and blizzard keep balancing for new raid tiers show that it must get a hell of a lot of use.

Deleted
    Don't make getting 800 in professions rely on ******* mythic dungeons if you wont add them to the dungeon finder (I don't have 1 profession at 800 at the moment)

Stop delaying flying and just put it in at a gold cost, stop being assholes.

Don't force the whole player base into using one weapon type when you have a ******* transmog system if you wont release the restrictions on the system.

Restore flight to being obtainable at max level

No more new (Melee) classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Its called grinding because there is no challenge involved. A challenge would be like defeating some of the hardest levels in Super Mario 64. What comes to mind is Slip Sliding Away where you would not only have to complete the course but also collect EVERY coin. Not everyone can do that. Of course, if challenge was introduced into the game, there would be a massive outcry to nerf. Which is why everything is a grind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kFoPkNjsy8
    I think that´s a weird definition of grinding. Still, using your definition: Mythic+9000 awards AP. There's a challenge for you, go for it!
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.