Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    The HD rumble alone? No

They aren't "free things" ONE JOYCON IS $50, half of a remote.

There is no such thing as free features, it was added to the price of the console. If you think otherwise, im sorry but you are stupid
    Well, who says that they are very expensive to manufacture compared to simple controllers? Nintendo is probably trying to milk whatever they can out of the launch as they can. You're desperately grasping for some design-flaws here, but whatever you claim is utterly baseless. Try again!
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Well, who says that they are very expensive to manufacture compared to simple controllers? Nintendo is probably trying to milk whatever they can out of the launch as they can. You're desperately grasping for some design-flaws here, but whatever you claim is utterly baseless. Try again!
    that was my point

are you just trolling?

Hence why i've been an advocate of telling people wait til the holidays when nintendo is done milking
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well... they are. It's impossible to be cheaper or same bill of material price as a DS4/Xbone controller or even their pro controller.
    Just on the component side. The addition of an infrared sensor and a NFC reader means it adds more onto the cost. More complicated rumble = more parts and thus higher BoM. Being a set of two means two batteries so that's another added cost onto it.
    On the manufacturing side, since one set of controller requires two different molds and production line to then sell as a pair. Meaning more initial investment for production lines and higher maintenance cost.

Any one else wondering that since the Switch is being powered by an Nvidia Tegra chip there is a chance that Gefoce Now will become an option?

I wonder if this could packaged in with their soon to be online payment plan. Only issue is Geforce Now prices are pretty crappy.

Also, I wonder if we can stream games from our PC like the Nvidia Sheild onto our TVs, and the switch gives the option to stream to the tablet-both via wifi.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/don...GSS-05-10aaa0b

Don't Expect Borderlands 3 on Nintendo Switch, Gearbox CEO Says
    "I do not see that as happening."
    Don't hold your breath for a Nintendo Switch version of Borderlands 3, or whatever the next mainline installment in the series is called.
    Gearbox Software CEO Randy Pitchford said on Twitter today, as spotted by IGN, that discussions with Nintendo fell apart "for some reason."

"I do not see that as happening," he said to a fan who asked about a Switch version of Borderlands 3. "We were talking to Nintendo, but that stopped for some reason. They have other priorities."

The Borderlands series is published by 2K Games, whose parent company is Take-Two Interactive, one of the dozens of confirmed publishing partners for the Switch. An NBA 2K game is coming to Switch.

Pitchford confirmed Borderlands 3 in April 2016 during PAX East. "Obviously, there is going to be another Borderlands," he said at the time, explaining that it may not be called that.

Borderlands 3 was originally announced in January 2015, at which time Pitchford referred to it as "the big one." Parent publisher Take-Two later clarified that this game is being developed "specifically for next-gen," indicating it will launch for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, as well as presumably PC.

The Borderlands franchise debuted in 2009 with the original Borderlands and its sequel Borderlands 2 arrived in 2012. That game is the best-selling title in 2K's history and has sold "well over" 12 million copies.

A third game, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, was released in 2014 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 before being ported to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 through the Handsome Collection in 2015.

I have a good feeling......This is the start of dev's saying X won't be on The Switch.

Personally I think Borderlands would have been great for The Switch.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-01-17 at 02:36 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Well... they are. It's impossible to be cheaper or same bill of material price as a DS4/Xbone controller or even their pro controller.
    Just on the component side. The addition of an infrared sensor and a NFC reader means it adds more onto the cost. More complicated rumble = more parts and thus higher BoM. Being a set of two means two batteries so that's another added cost onto it.
    On the manufacturing side, since one set of controller requires two different molds and production line to then sell as a pair. Meaning more initial investment for production lines and higher maintenance cost.
    Of course it will increase the cost, but I don't think Nintendo would honestly believe that an advanced rumble and IR camera will increase sales in such a degree that a huge cost increase of the unit can be defended.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/don...GSS-05-10aaa0b

I have a good feeling......This is the start of dev's saying X won't be on The Switch.

Personally I think Borderlands would have been great for The Switch.
    It would have and I wonder what would happen, if 3rd parties stopped worrying about burning bridges and called nintendo on their shit. How much better would nintendo systems have been over the years if Square and others had made an example of them back with the FF7 debacle.

Of course it will increase the cost, but I don't think Nintendo would honestly believe that an advanced rumble and IR camera will increase sales in such a degree that a huge cost increase of the unit can be defended.
    You have a screwed view of reality. Their switch event was almost entirely about the consoles "new developed features" such as the HD rumble and camera. If they didn't think it would increase sales they wouldn't of wasted their time with it, they wouldn't of developed a game around it, or showcasing it for 90% of the event and ignoring the portable aspect of the console

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not? How may hours of way of a power socket or extra battery will you be, then?
    I have to agree. People are complaining about the battery because of plane rides. How often are you on a plane, and why cant you just use a battery pack to double or triple its life. Its a non issue for me tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    The switch is 300$ because of the accessories though not the system itself. That pointless HD rumble lol

They spent more money on motion control upgrades then making the switch portable
    Yeah, I mean we probably could have had a portable Xbox one if they made the controllers stuck to the screen and ditched the dock etc.

So some good news...
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nin...GSS-05-10aaa0b
    Nintendo Switch Fighting Game Arms Playable Without Motion Controls
    Arms, Nintendo's new fighting game for the Switch, is playable with standard button controls, Nintendo has confirmed.

The Joy-Con controllers' motion options have dominated much of Arms' marketing so far, but in a recent Nintendo Treehouse livestream, the platform-holder confirmed this isn't the only way to play.

"It's important to point out that [we've] been playing with the Joy-Con--one in each hand--using motion controls," explained Nintendo localization producer Morgan Ritchie. "But obviously if you're a purist and you like button controls, [and] you'd rather use a more traditional controller, you can of course do that as well." This was then confirmed by Nintendo's manager of product marketing, JC Rodrigo.
    The question now is, how much of a advantage does it give to have them on or off.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

It won't be an advantage either way, it will come down to what you're comfortable with and how fast you can do inputs in that control method.

At it's core it's a very primitive fighting game with fighting game mechanics. It's not any different then arcade stick vs controller or gamecube controller vs wii u pro controller.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nintendo really needs to prove itself with that online service, because seriously.... a rental... of a game I can get for free... or have.......

I learned Arms is not motion control only.... so thats a plus

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not? How may hours of way of a power socket or extra battery will you be, then?
    Previous recent Nintendo handhelds have had battery life in the range of 6-7 hours and up before battery degrading. It's not entirely unreasonable to think 3 is worth complaining about, especially considering that 3 will drop over time.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Previous recent Nintendo handhelds have had battery life in the range of 6-7 hours and up before battery degrading. It's not entirely unreasonable to think 3 is worth complaining about, especially considering that 3 will drop over time.
    No way in hell you where getting 6-7 hours out of launch 3DS. 3DSXL and on with 3D off in certain games yes but the launch 3DS had a pretty bad battery life as well. Like 3 hours with 3D on and 4-5 with it off I think?

The battery life is bad, but at least it's USB-C and not some proprietary charging cable like the 3DS.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Previous recent Nintendo handhelds have had battery life in the range of 6-7 hours and up before battery degrading.
    No they didn't, Hell the "New" 3DS doesn't even have a 6-7 hour battery life.

Yeah, I mean we probably could have had a portable Xbox one if they made the controllers stuck to the screen and ditched the dock etc.
    We can actually, it would be a less powerful piece of hardware to make it portable but yes it's entirely possible.

15+ Year Old Account
    You think the Switch would be half the price if the HD rumble was excluded? How do you know that these "gimmicks" aren't basically free things Nintendo threw in there to make it more exciting?
    Just look at the price of the accessories when sold seperately. A pair of Joy-Con for $80 and a dock for $90. Obviously there's a bit of price gouging there, but that accounts for more than half of the Switch's $300 pricetag.

So take those component costs, throw in the touchscreen and the battery, and you're basically left with a tablet-grade CPU, a tablet-grade GPU, tablet-grade RAM, and a tablet-grade HDD.

It's not a bad piece of kit, by any means, but there's no doubt that most of the production costs are going into the "gimmicks" and not into the core hardware architecture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah take the joycon out and charge me $210 and I'm sold.

10+ Year Old Account
    The system does come with a dock right? Is it an issue to have two docks?

I know I am getting this system.... I also know my brother wants this system. If we each have a dock, and can take turns with it... good idea IMO

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    The system does come with a dock right? Is it an issue to have two docks?

I know I am getting this system.... I also know my brother wants this system. If we each have a dock, and can take turns with it... good idea IMO
    No, you can have multiple docks without any issue. The dock is essentially a charge port with a couple cables and a fan.