Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Are Mythic+ changing tomorrow?

I've heard that the max difficulty for gear ilvl increase will be going up next week but not finding any details.

Anyone know?

The bump released with ToV wasn't specified until the day of anyway.

I imagine it will be given than even a +10 ilvl bump would only put the weekly box at H Gul'dan level.

890 highest base/905 highest weekly would be close to the numbers of EN (865 highest base, which was heroic raid, 880 highest weekly, mythic raid).

I really hope blizzard does the right thing, there must be so many more players doing high level mythic+ but not mythic raiding for a gazillion of reasons. Like, they can't really afford to lose all these subscribers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by roi View Post
    890 highest base/905 highest weekly would be close to the numbers of EN (865 highest base, which was heroic raid, 880 highest weekly, mythic raid).

I really hope blizzard does the right thing, there must be so many more players doing high level mythic+ but not mythic raiding for a gazillion of reasons. Like, they can't really afford to lose all these subscribers.
    Mythic gear from raids should be significantly better than what's obtainable from m+. It takes a lot more effort to actually clear a raid than to run mythic+.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyd View Post
    Mythic gear from raids should be significantly better than what's obtainable from m+. It takes a lot more effort to actually clear a raid than to run mythic+.
    Well that's a debate that's been going on for a while. Apparently Blizzard doesn't mind Mythic+ players having the same Ilvl as Mythic raids. I'm sure they won't change that motto now and will bump up the ilvl's at some point, most likely not straight away though as they won't want players clearing full Mythic in less than a week

Does it really matter? If you raid, getting a good item from mythic+ is as rare as getting a legendary

Mythic+ is great, even for me as a raider since it speeds up gearing. I assume it doesn't matter as much for the splitrunning crowd that gears really quickly with only raiding, but for a casual raider it kind of doubles the rate you get gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynai View Post
    Does it really matter? If you raid, getting a good item from mythic+ is as rare as getting a legendary
    Yes, firstly raiders shouldn't have to grind an absurd amount of m+ to min max. A large amount of top raiders have several pieces of m+ gear equipped. You shouldn't be able to get gear that's competitive with raid drops from dungeons. I'm sure the people who don't have time to raid and merely do a few m+ a week would be more than happy with 'just' getting heroic equivalent gear, or something there around.

Quote Originally Posted by Ztranger View Post
    Mythic+ is great, even for me as a raider since it speeds up gearing. I assume it doesn't matter as much for the splitrunning crowd that gears really quickly with only raiding, but for a casual raider it kind of doubles the rate you get gear.
    Regardless, the gear from m+ is OP in relation to the effort it takes to obtain it. If you're a casual raider it should take you significantly longer to get fully geared compared to someone who's in a guild doing 5 split runs and raiding 12-16h/day.
    Last edited by mmoc2e377477a1; 2017-01-17 at 03:03 PM.

Deleted
    Yes, firstly raiders shouldn't have to grind an absurd amount of m+ to min max. A large amount of top raiders have several pieces of m+ gear equipped. You shouldn't be able to get gear that's competitive with raid drops from dungeons. I'm sure the people who don't have time to raid and merely do a few m+ a week would be more than happy with 'just' getting heroic equivalent gear, or something there around.

Regardless, the gear from m+ is OP in relation to the effort it takes to obtain it. If you're a casual raider it should take you significantly longer to get fully geared compared to someone who's in a guild doing 5 split runs and raiding 12-16h/day.
    so which one is it? "shouldnt have to grind an absurd amount of time" or "gear from m+ is OP in relation to the effort it takes"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by waat View Post
    I've heard that the max difficulty for gear ilvl increase will be going up next week but not finding any details.

Anyone know?
    IF they change it won't be today. It will be when MYTHIC Nighthold opens. Was the same with EN & ToV.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynai View Post
    But there's no loot lockout, unlike raiding.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

I disagree here, as both a raider who puts in 4 hours sessions, 3-4 days a week, as well as realm first +15, with 500+ keystones ran. I can tell you first hand that while yes, anything under a +12 doesn't take a lot of effort, anything above (which is giving the 870+ base stats) is extremely hard to clear in time or at a point where farming them for actual gear is worth it.

Now I do think that they should remove the weekly chest giving items ilevel that are equal to mythic raiding. A good example of this is I have an alt who I just have done a +12 every week on (for completion) and I have an ilevel of 884, mostly due to the weekly 885+ piece of gear I've gotten in the weekly chest.

Actually getting anything over 880 in a keystone is extremely rare to see.

EDIT: also it is extremely easy to get carried in raiding rather then a 12+, where every single person has to pull there weight.

so no change at all right now???

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    But there's no loot lockout, unlike raiding.
    Imo this balances it out:
    raid: high base ilvl, requires large group and lots of co-ordination, penalty for dying is waste of resources and time. Someone screws up repeatedly? You replace him/her.
    mythic+: low base ilvl, requires small group and decent co-ordination, but penalty for dying is less loot if it happens too much. Someone screws up repeatedly? Tough luck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    so which one is it? "shouldnt have to grind an absurd amount of time" or "gear from m+ is OP in relation to the effort it takes"?
    They're not mutually exclusive, applies to different scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by doryski33 View Post
    I disagree here, as both a raider who puts in 4 hours sessions, 3-4 days a week, as well as realm first +15, with 500+ keystones ran. I can tell you first hand that while yes, anything under a +12 doesn't take a lot of effort, anything above (which is giving the 870+ base stats) is extremely hard to clear in time or at a point where farming them for actual gear is worth it.

Now I do think that they should remove the weekly chest giving items ilevel that are equal to mythic raiding. A good example of this is I have an alt who I just have done a +12 every week on (for completion) and I have an ilevel of 884, mostly due to the weekly 885+ piece of gear I've gotten in the weekly chest.

Actually getting anything over 880 in a keystone is extremely rare to see.

EDIT: also it is extremely easy to get carried in raiding rather then a 12+, where every single person has to pull there weight.
    The problem is that people are able to get mythic equivalent gear through m+ and the chest, which imo should not be possible. Regardless of your view on 'getting carried in raids' vs. 12+ the fact still remains that you can almost go and look at any random guild, where players for a fact are 'bad', and you'll see a large quantity of m+ gear on the raiders that is better than the majority of their gear obtained from the guild's raids.

The inflation of gear from m+ paired with how easy EN was (also partly due to m+ gear) has created/increased the pseudo-elitist proportion of players and created quite a toxic environment as well.

I find high m+ put more excecution responsibility on the individual player than mythic raiding does. Personally I find high m+ harder individually than raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Ztranger View Post
    M+ is actually better for me as an elemental shaman now, the relics in mythic raids are absolutely terrible so I'll need to run high lvl mythic+ to get things that increase lavaburst.

Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    M+ is actually better for me as an elemental shaman now, the relics in mythic raids are absolutely terrible so I'll need to run high lvl mythic+ to get things that increase lavaburst.
    LB relics are overrated. 3ilvl on a relic are already equal to a LB trait, regardless of said relics trait. Thus you'll always use the highest ilvl relic, regardless of the trait.
    Farming m+ in hope for a 910 LB relic to replace a 910 Earth Shock relic is a complete waste of time for that matter as we're talking about a >1% dps difference.

Well, there are (at least in my spec) 9 possible 3 point traits for relics, which (without stacking same the trait - different relic types - on same boss) results in 27 raid bosses to make that happen (it's not going to happen anytime soon, and if it does, stuff like EN will be a joke ilvl wise).

When you look at the better equipped players (~ >892 equipped), they're pretty much all mythic raiders with quite a lot of mythic raid gear. Why? Well,"farming" an 890+ titanforged proc in mythic+ takes longer than some guilds mythic ToV progress, where 890-895 is the mythic base ilvl. Some relics/trinkets cases aside, the only reason to farm m+ for these people is AP, not gear.

Keeping m+ ilvl to heroic raid gear level seems very fair; the 1% is still reserved for mythic raiders.

Also: What's up with the "m+ rewards better gear much faster than raiding" meme? Have you ever compared your own time spent in both activities?

There's too much ambiguity in making a statement such as this. The level of effort for a mythic EN compared to a mythic 2+ is obviously higher, but when it comes to a mythic 15+ I would contend that it can be much more difficult than most of the bosses in Mythic EN. If you don't specify the level of difficulty for mythic raids and mythic+ then we're left to assume what the comparison is, and every individual will naturally assign their own inferences based on their own biases.

Pre-Nighthold the Mythic 10+ chests would drop 865 which is the same base ilvl as Heroic EN. I would contend that to clear a 10+ at lower than 865 ilvl is extremely challenging, probably more challenging than clearing H EN at lower than 865 ilvl, and therefore the mythic+ rewards seem slightly on the low side. Essentially what Im saying is that Heroic EN is a fair bit easier than a mythic 10+, and therefore the rewards seem slightly skewed to raids.
    Last edited by jessegreathouse; 2017-01-17 at 06:47 PM.