Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post

It's pretty frustrating that people deny the fact that therapod dinosaurs had feathers.

I mean we've found imprints in raptor bones that indicate they had feather-like structures protruding from their "arms". We've found fossil imprints of smaller species of raptors that were feathered.

We've even discovered a perfectly preserved dinosaur tail encased in amber that had feathers!
    Likely for the same reason people still insist that the bible is a historical document written by god... Ignorance and simplicity is much more palatable then actually learning reality and accepting there is no magical universal meaning to life

10+ Year Old Account
    Did they all have feathers? Like ~ a stegosaurus had feathers? Or is that even considered a "dinosaur" anymore?

Picturing a T-Rex with feathers makes me think his little "strong" hands were mini wings. I bet that looked hilarious to other dinos.

Quote Originally Posted by Guyv3r View Post
    Why does definition of a god matter? There is no proof they exist at all and gulible people still believe in them.
    There's a lack of definitive proof about most things. Such as what you do with 99% of your brain. Should keep an open mind since you know...you're a minuscule dot in this universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    There's a lack of definitive proof about most things. Such as what you do with 99% of your brain. Should keep an open mind since you know...you're a minuscule dot in this universe.
    I'm open to change, in case it ever gets proven. Else, no can do.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

eh, never meet anyone that cared that didn't know or when showed the research didn't go hmmm ok that's odd but whatever.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

I'm open to change, in case it ever gets proven. Else, no can do.
    You don't have to change. Just use observational science and historical evidence to examine the link between ancient religions, when they were released, at what points were they necessary, etc.

Then go back and look at Hindu texts, and the source of the multiple dieties, the philosophy behind Brahman and the scientific link to the concept of a universal force that basically defines energy and decay, and then see how the Tao te ching explains how outdated literal definitions are.

There's a lot that can be explained through that kind of analysis that will make you understand what the purpose of God is in society, and how the ancient philosophies can essentially link physics, chemistry, and other hard sciences to universal truths such as gravity, energy, and other abstract concepts that I think will make you respect it more when an individual prays to the river that feeds his/her family, or to a mountain that they believe to be the center of the world, etc.

Dinosaurs are like insects in that they have their own order, Dinosauria, Insecta for insects, I think.

Feathers are not part of the description of Dinosauria so I'm going to say not all Dinosaurs had feathers.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Who exactly is it that is denying it? Because I haven't heard it before, and certainly doesn't seem to be the biggest topic of denial in circulation.
    same here, first i heard of it. Going to take more than a random post on this site to convince me thou.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Dinosaurs are like insects in that they have their own order, Dinosauria, Insecta for insects, I think.

Feathers are not part of the description of Dinosauria so I'm going to say not all Dinosaurs had feathers.
    Not all dinosaurs had feathers just the therapods goes the theory

Deleted
    Without feathers they'd be much cooler though, so that might be a reason.

You don't have to change. Just use observational science and historical evidence to examine the link between ancient religions, when they were released, at what points were they necessary, etc.

Then go back and look at Hindu texts, and the source of the multiple dieties, the philosophy behind Brahman and the scientific link to the concept of a universal force that basically defines energy and decay, and then see how the Tao te ching explains how outdated literal definitions are.

There's a lot that can be explained through that kind of analysis that will make you understand what the purpose of God is in society, and how the ancient philosophies can essentially link physics, chemistry, and other hard sciences to universal truths such as gravity, energy, and other abstract concepts that I think will make you respect it more when an individual prays to the river that feeds his/her family, or to a mountain that they believe to be the center of the world, etc.
    I understand the purpose of a diety in our advancement as a society. If not for fear of a god, most would do as they please, so in a way it helped define communities as a group of individuals working towards the same goals.

But nowadays it only serves the purpose of giving people some false "relief" that they will go to heaven/hell and their existence will continue one way or another.
    I do not believe in this. There is no proof whatsoever that our existence will continue after this life ends.

"We are all made of stardust."

I still can't respect believing in gods. The time that individual spent praying to the river/mountain would be better spent doing something actually useful.
    Last edited by Guyv3r; 2017-01-17 at 04:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

You feather denialists are just shills for Big Dino - dinosaur theme parks that don't want to update their models.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    It's pretty difficult to state which species had feathers and which ones did not, because species like reptiles, snakes, and turtles also decedent from dinosaurs and have no feathers. So unless a fossil is found with them, we take a best guesses off the evidence we have. I think a good percent would have them, but I don't see the evolutionary advantage to a very large reptiles having feathers.
    Reptiles evolved from amphibians and then dinosaurs evolved from those early reptiles. Snakes and turtles evolved from reptiles separately from dinosaurs just the same as mammals evolved from reptiles separately from snakes, turtles and dinosaurs. So it's the other way around.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some people don't even think Dinosaurs exist in the first place.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

I understand the purpose of a diety in our advancement as a society. If not for fear of a god, most would do as they please, so in a way it helped define communities as a group of individuals working towards the same goals.

But nowadays it only serves the purpose of giving people some false "relief" that they will go to heaven/hell and their existence will continue one way or another.
    I do not believe in this. There is no proof whatsoever that our existence will continue after this life ends.

"We are all made of stardust."

I still can't respect believing in gods. The time that individual spent praying to the river/mountain would be better spent doing something actually useful.
    The time you spent posting on MMO Champion would be better spent doing something actually useful. Shouldn't be so judgy.

The time you spent posting on MMO Champion would be better spent doing something actually useful. Shouldn't be so judgy.
    Hey, at least MMO Champion is real.... right? haha

Deleted
    Some did and some didnt. They were on Earth over a very long time period. Also it would be ridiculous to assume that the early creatures that crawled out of the water had feathers. Fish or even sea mammals generally don't have them. So I think its a safe bet that early species of dinosaurs didnt have them for sure as well.

You overestimate the public's ability to keep up to date on recent discoveries. Between the JPark and other animated movies, the common person is under the assumption that dinosaurs were featherless.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Did they all have feathers? Like ~ a stegosaurus had feathers? Or is that even considered a "dinosaur" anymore?

Picturing a T-Rex with feathers makes me think his little "strong" hands were mini wings. I bet that looked hilarious to other dinos.
    Only Therapods (the two-legged predators like T-Rex, Raptors and those sorts of dinosaurs).

I don't so much deny it as don't care and think dinosaurs look cooler as we originally envisioned.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"