Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Anni View Post
    Do prosecutors talk like that? Doesn't seem particularly professional.
    That was my thoughts exactly, it does not sound like a trial, but like an appeal to emotion--but I suppose that is how it works if a jury gets to decide.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alexkeren View Post
    Mind pasting a couple of the prosecutor's quotes you take issue with?
    How about this part: >>“You also know how extremely good these people were,” Richardson said. “You know who they were and how they lived their lives.”<<
    There is no purpose to it aside from appeal to emotion and the implications of this statement are extremely disturbing.
    Does he call them "extremely good" just because they were victims?
    Does he want to imply they didn't deserve to die because they were "extremely good"--but if they had been merely "good" they might have deserved it?
    Does he want to tell us that murder would be ok if it had been "bad" (or just ordinary) people?
    What is his metric here that he gets to judge the goodness of the victims and why does it matter at all?
    Is it because they were in a church reading the bible? Is that why it is relevant that it was them he murdered and not random people off the streets?

Quote Originally Posted by Safol View Post
    Why should this man be beyond rehabilitation and reinstation in society?
    Because he has made it perfectly clear he is not remorseful for his planned actions of hatred that lead to the death of so many.

He made sure to tell the courts he was not sorry. Made sure to represent himself so so some slick lawyer couldn't muddy up what he did with some bogus insanity plea.

That is beyond our ability to rehabilitate and someone like that should never be back in society where the very people he hates is all around him and providing just another opportunity to plan out another action of hatred.

and thats probably just icing on the cake and what we know. I have no doubt there is more evidence against him.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unhinged View Post
    So you want to torture people for the rest of their lives? Pretty fucking sadistic.
    yes, maybe it would make people think twice before doing stuff like this.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

I say give him life in prison put him into the prison general population the other inmates will take care of the rest save us all the tax dollars for all his appeals

Quote Originally Posted by Unhinged View Post
    So do you then apply that to the judge, juey and person doing said torturing as that is also tit for tat?

People like you are no better tha the criminals that commit these crimes.
    Your tampon has come unhinged.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    That was my thoughts exactly, it does not sound like a trial, but like an appeal to emotion--but I suppose that is how it works if a jury gets to decide.

- - - Updated - - -

How about this part: >>“You also know how extremely good these people were,” Richardson said. “You know who they were and how they lived their lives.”<<
    There is no purpose to it aside from appeal to emotion and the implications of this statement are extremely disturbing.
    Does he call them "extremely good" just because they were victims?
    Does he want to imply they didn't deserve to die because they were "extremely good"--but if they had been merely "good" they might have deserved it?
    Does he want to tell us that murder would be ok if it had been "bad" (or just ordinary) people?
    What is his metric here that he gets to judge the goodness of the victims and why does it matter at all?
    Is it because they were in a church reading the bible? Is that why it is relevant that it was them he murdered and not random people off the streets?

You seem to be disturbed, seek help.
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

Quote Originally Posted by alexkeren View Post
    You seem to be disturbed, seek help.
    No need, I already live in a country where such dubious comments in court get lawyers into trouble.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    Move to saudi arabia then, you would like it there.
    Oh shyte...you got me!

But really, public hangings were a thing here long before the House of Saud stepped off a camel.

should already be hanging from a tree, and not the knock the stool out snap the neck can.. the gently raise and slowly suffer kind of hanging.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Because he has made it perfectly clear he is not remorseful for his planned actions of hatred that lead to the death of so many.

He made sure to tell the courts he was not sorry. Made sure to represent himself so so some slick lawyer couldn't muddy up what he did with some bogus insanity plea.

That is beyond our ability to rehabilitate and someone like that should never be back in society where the very people he hates is all around him and providing just another opportunity to plan out another action of hatred.

and thats probably just icing on the cake and what we know. I have no doubt there is more evidence against him.
    Maybe it is just a clash of cultures then because in sweden we believe in second chances. Even for the worst criminals

Quote Originally Posted by Minifie View Post
    I'm against the death penalty, but this is one where I can't competently come up with a counter argument to it.
    Under most current understanding death is an end of consciousness. That might be a preferable outcome to perpetrators of outrageous crimes than the idea of being kept alive to live with the guilt. Sure you could argue that, in this case, as he's still claiming he feels it was the right thing to do that no remorse would ever occur; nevertheless executing this nutter possibly/probably could send the message to other nutters bordering on the same behaviour that at least they won't have to live with themselves afterwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Safol View Post
    Maybe it is just a clash of cultures then because in sweden we believe in second chances. Even for the worst criminals
    It could be that, In this case I'm sure they weighed was it possible to rehabilitate him. Seems they do not think so. In the end, the options were life in prison or death.

He was over the top non-remorseful that they chose death for him. Prison would not help. I know not all places believe the same thing for their criminals so I'm sure some disagreement comes from that in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    yes, maybe it would make people think twice before doing stuff like this.
    Except it doesn't. Mentally ill or unstable people are too broken to think about the consequences.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Except it doesn't. Mentally ill or unstable people are too broken to think about the consequences.
    Can add alot of drug users to that list, many dont think about consequences untill they sober up then the panic begins.

Death sentence is a joke. What justice is being served? He'll sit in appeals for a decade at the minimum for one. Two, you'll NEVER find justice for those lives lost, they've been stolen from their families and loved ones and it's not like the dead are vengeful ghosts until their killer is killed. It serves no purpose other than vengeance that can never be sated from such a heinous act.