Page 49 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehshocka View Post
    No, you've ignored half the country.
    I didn't realize the U.S.'s population had shrunk to 124 million. Trump received 62,418,820 votes. That's not half the country.

I also believe that the rust belt ignored it's economic interests to vote for a soundbite. The repeal of the ACA will hurt a lot of poor white americans.

http://www.vox.com/2016/12/13/139018...surance-repeal

Heck, there is a screenshot in this very thread of a trump voter who thought the ACA and Obamacare were two different systems, and that he was safe because he is on the ACA.

Besides, the voter suppression strategies republicans are known for: targeting black / latino communities to minimize their turnout.

The solution is simple: Make voting mandatory and make sure every american's vote is counted.

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    This meme has to die here and now. There are many replacement bills working there way through Congress. I know that both Ryan and Rand Paul have plans that are being proposed.

It seems the left continues in full panic mode and can't comprehend that a Republican Congress working with a Republican President might actually produce something better than the central planners on the left.
    Keep telling yourself that. Obamacare was a republican idea that had to be bastardized because of partisanship, and the democrats couldn't take credit for making people's lives better. The republicans had their chance to make the ACA great, in a bi-partisan effort to actually help the citizens of the U.S. instead they let politics and their hatred for "a muslim" president get in their way. They had six years to come up with a plan, and they don't have one yet.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/power...=.2dae88e5f0e9

Six years to get their shit together, and the best they can come up with is a "savings" account that won't actually help the poor, instead favours the rich.
    Last edited by Rakoth; 2017-01-17 at 06:10 PM.

No, you've ignored half the country.
    If half the country remains on the wrong side of history why entertain their interests? Making America a laughing stock to progressive European countries isn't what I'd call MAGA.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakoth View Post
    I didn't realize the U.S.'s population had shrunk to 124 million. Trump received 62,418,820 votes. That's not half the country.

I also believe that the rust belt ignored it's economic interests to vote for a soundbite. The repeal of the ACA will hurt a lot of poor white americans.

http://www.vox.com/2016/12/13/139018...surance-repeal

Heck, there is a screenshot in this very thread of a trump voter who thought the ACA and Obamacare were two different systems, and that he was safe because he is on the ACA.

Besides, the voter suppression strategies republicans are known for: targeting black / latino communities to minimize their turnout.

The solution is simple: Make voting mandatory and make sure every american's vote is counted.
    Because one person represents an entire majority amirite?

Let me guess if it was up to you only CA and NY would be able to vote on things right?

I didn't realize the U.S.'s population had shrunk to 124 million. Trump received 62,418,820 votes. That's not half the country

Goodness no. It's an American right to vote.

The numbers you posted only proves how only a fraction of Americans are concerned for politics. I personally am not, and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    If half the country remains on the wrong side of history why entertain their interests? Making America a laughing stock to progressive European countries isn't what I'd call MAGA.
    Also, how is progressive European countries doing right now in regards to terror and their economy?

Quote Originally Posted by Draeth View Post
    Please. As if Republicans care about peoples' lives. As far as they're concerned, the more poor people who die the better.
    Democrats destroy peoples lives. Welfare from the early 60's you guys promoted. It destroyed the family unit. Things like mass incarcerations and calling people super predators. Now we house more inmates than any other country on earth. A black president that sat on his ass in silence and we have groups like black lives matter now. Democrat run cities for decades that have the highest murder and crime rates in history. The solution from democrats is the probe to calm people down, then they publicly fire a few people and rinse then repeat. We got a broken healthcare system from democrats with parts of it supplied by health insurers so they can game the system. Meanwhile it's promoted as the best thing since sliced bread and still leaves millions unable to afford a policy because they make too much for the subsidy or they just can't afford it because it's difficult enough to make ends meet without it. Every time democrats push for some social change it's always attached with one or a few negatives. Then I see comments how we must compare to EU countries. The insanity never stops does it?
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2017-01-17 at 06:20 PM.

Goodness no. It's an American right to vote.

The numbers you posted only proves how only a fraction of Americans are concerned for politics. I personally am not, and never will be.
    It's a responsibility, not a right. Throwing it away shows a tremendous disregard for your fellow americans, and the americans that died before you. I am Canadian, and I think not voting is an insult to my grand-father who fought for my country. It's an insult to migrants who worked hard to get us where we are.

It's also an insult to everyone whose values you share, to tell them that you don't value anything strongly enough to do the bare minimum and vote for it.

No man really becomes a fool until he stops asking questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    Keep telling yourself that.
    It's hard getting through to Obama fanboys.

It's a responsibility, not a right. Throwing it away shows a tremendous disregard for your fellow americans, and the americans that died before you. I am Canadian, and I think not voting is an insult to my grand-father who fought for my country. It's an insult to migrants who worked hard to get us where we are.

It's also an insult to everyone whose values you share, to tell them that you don't value anything strongly enough to do the bare minimum and vote for it.
    No sorry, I disagree. I didn't choose to be born in this country and willfully absolve myself from its political shambles to pursue my own interests in life.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, how is progressive European countries doing right now in regards to terror and their economy?
    Ah, so it's fear that drives your political alignment.

I would love for my country to be in the same position as Norway and other nordic european countries. Also, terror is not the problem you think it is:
    http://www.snopes.com/toddlers-kille...ns-terrorists/

Statistically speaking, terrorism deaths are insignificant. We allow terrorist so much latitude over our lives, when they are meaningless blips.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.aa5475eed255

The police in the U.S. have killed more people then terrorist.

Based on statistics, we should be pushing for self-driving cars at a much much higher rate due to the number of car fatalities each year. Instead we spend billions on pretending we are keeping ourselves safe.

No sorry, I disagree. I didn't choose to be born in this country and willfully absolve myself from its political shambles to pursue my own interests in life.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, so it's fear that drives your political alignment.
    ROFL okay Einstein tell me how you came up with that thought.

Liberal headlines are so spooky! Terrifying!

I would love for my country to be in the same position as Norway and other nordic european countries. Also, terror is not the problem you think it is:
    http://www.snopes.com/toddlers-kille...ns-terrorists/

Statistically speaking, terrorism deaths are insignificant. We allow terrorist so much latitude over our lives, when they are meaningless blips.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.aa5475eed255

The police in the U.S. have killed more people then terrorist.
    You do realize its absolutely rubbish to compare a country the size of frickin Norway to the USA in terms of policy OF ANY KIND.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post
    The difference and problem Republicans have with Obamacare is that it's not fixing healthcare cost. Obamacare did nothing to really reduce the cost, it was a law designed to make more money go into the insurance industry such that they could give free healthcare to the poor. They did this by trying to force young healthy adults to pay in, and by giving taxpayer money to the insurance industry. It did not improve competitiveness, it did not lower the cost for hardly anyone. It simply was a mechanism to get the poor free insurance plans. It's astonishing to me that in 2000+ pages of legislation that is Obamacare, that there wasn't anything in there to break the monopolization of insurance in states by allowing to buy acrossed state lines.

This right here is the problem with obamacare. Give them a chance to bring some thing to market that does not increase the cost of plans. The other side is the cost for some thing like a CT scan is just stupid there is no reason why a CT scan should cost 15k. The machine will be used enough that a hospital can charge 1k or 2k.

The main issue is the health care industry just charges what ever then want for services. This needs to be fixed.

They also need to lower the premiums across the board. I pay for my health insurance, its not amazing but its good. I still pay 300 a month for it. When i first got into the work force my heath insurance only cost like 80 dollars a month. Granted with inflation thats probably like 150 a month but its almost doubled in the past 20 years.

Personally i think all health insurance companies should be required to be non profit. This would force them to use the profits each year to help those with out insurance, or to spend money in research.

Just to be clear United heath Group made profits of 10.3 Billion in profit, from revenue of 130.5 billion. This is just insane.

Blue cross blue shield made close to the same.

The other issue you have with obama care is insurance companies pulling out of it because the "Cost of obama care customers is to much". However they still make record profits.

Obama care as it is right now is the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    You do realize its absolutely rubbish to compare a country the size of frickin Norway to the USA in terms of policy OF ANY KIND.
    Only if you don't understand concepts like division and multiplication.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Only if you don't understand concepts like division and multiplication.
    Considering im an actual Engineer by profession I can vouch that I do and you are looking at things through a very small window.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by ujx View Post
    Liberal headlines are so spooky! Terrifying!
    Liberals and reality are not the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Felya I make way more then that. My interest lies in how my tax dollars are spent which for this year after pruning ADP is about ~19k in Federal alone.
    I will ask again, what issues did you have in dealing with government through exchanges, just a couple of pages ago? You telling me that you make more than 55k, when I'm saying even 55k would disqualify you from receiving subsidies, is making what I asked seem worse... not better...
    Last edited by Felya; 2017-01-17 at 06:34 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

ROFL okay Einstein tell me how you came up with that thought.
    Looks to me like you just typed out European countries are unsuccessful because of terror. Synonym to the word fear. Conservatives make you feel safer, which is a ridiculous concept really.