Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post

It will possibly make my working life slightly harder, but I doubt too many have sympathy for a financial services worker living on an island in the Med.
    My life might be a bit 'slightly harder' but I only think about myself.

Good old Tory boy.

The UK has 'full' employment. Immigration is fine. This shit is smokes and mirrors for massive ideological driven change from the one nation Tories now they have an open cheque to change the UK.

After her speech its clear Theresa May is crazy. Leave the single market? Wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    Well anyone with any sense realised when voting for Brexit that it meant leaving the EU, the single market is a part of the EU. Leave one and you automatically leave the other. It's really not that hard to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Daws View Post
    anyone with any sense ... voting for Brexit
    interesting oxymoron

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I rather worry about the now than the theoretical future

Thus far every BREXIT concern is "this might happen" not "this will happen"
    But that is how sane people talk, no one can be certain of the outcome of an event unless it takes place.
    It's like a fundamental thing, even in "hard sciences" such as physics.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbleduck View Post
    But that is how sane people talk, no one can be certain of the outcome of an event unless it takes place.
    It's like a fundamental thing, even in "hard sciences" such as physics.
    My god you talk about using sense don't you know there's a quota of fear that we have to use?

The predictions didn't go as planned before May gave us a timetable on invoking Article 50. Everything was doom and gloom, yet that isn't how things are and the experts have acknowledged that their modelling wasn't robust enough.

Britain will do okay outside of the EU, whether we would have been better off staying time will tell, but likely it won't have much more than a very minor negative impact for most British people.

It will possibly make my working life slightly harder, but I doubt too many have sympathy for a financial services worker living on an island in the Med.
    The problem with that kind of thinking is that without the financial workers, the local sandwich shops, the local pubs, the local restaurants in/near the financial district will all be going out of business. The electricians, the plumbers, the security staffs, the janitors that the banks hired would all be out of work. There is a whole ecosystem connected to the financial services. Also with those financial workers gone, the UK is going lose a sizable tax income from them. Stop being so myopic!

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There were 'experts' that predicted things like an emergency budget with extreme cuts, a total housing market collapse and world war three because of Brexit.

Load of horseshit.

Deleted
    Businesses want immigrant workers to lower wage costs.

This is not in working people's best interest.

How shocking.

10+ Year Old Account
    People still thinking it's immigration that's the problem with jobs, keep thinking that all the way to the coming of our Robot overlords.

Deleted
    Illegal Immigration is a crime btw

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    Hopefully this will lead to her and her party being voted out of office.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    To be replaced by who? The Labour Party? Not likely.
    Why not? They have some good policies.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Er they don't have any policies, or at least not ones they as a party agree upon. Plus they have an extremely unpopular leader who has to prove he can win by-elections (he has two coming up) or face another year of his party going full immolation on itself.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I dunno; I think a few people voiced concern over the 31 year low of the pound vs the dollar that IS happening.

Its the Brexiteers claiming it WILL get stronger later....

But yes, there are a lot of other worries about what WILL happen; too.
    Has nothing to do with Brexit. If you actually took some time to really examine things you'd see that it isn't the pound that is falling (anything out of the ordinary in any cycle), the USD is rising too much. If you compare it to other stable currencies you see it's actually stable.

p.s. the increase in dollar is actually bad for the US.
    Last edited by Fojos; 2017-01-17 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Yes, like supporting Brexit.

Or do you only pay attention to things that support your narrative?

I may or may not be offering you hookers for an internship...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    Has nothing to do with Brexit. If you actually took some time to really examine things you'd see that it isn't the pound that is falling (anything out of the ordinary in any cycle), the USD is rising too much. If you compare it to other stable currencies you see it's actually stable.

p.s. the increase in dollar is actually bad for the US.
    Yeah, it was a tactical retreat or something. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daws View Post
    Er they don't have any policies, or at least not ones they as a party agree upon. Plus they have an extremely unpopular leader who has to prove he can win by-elections (he has two coming up) or face another year of his party going full immolation on itself.
    They have time to get it together. As Brexit reflects terribly on the current ruling party, you can expect a reaction from the public.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    Like?

/10char
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Like?

/10char
    The Australian dollar for one has been fairly stable for the last 4 years. We're not doing well, but we're stable. I believe the Yen is also one of the most stable currencies in the world as well.

Fact is the US currency shifts up and down at the drop of the hat, ESPECIALLY during an election cycle.