Relic Choice Question

So, currently I am Sin with the boots and bracers.

I know with the changes, Master Poison and Vigor are now BIS.

However, since I have the boots, I am torn between an 880 relic with Vendetta reduction and an 885 relic with Poison Knives (Deadly poison 12% / Agonizing Poison 6%)

AMR and Sims recommend the poison relic and it would be also nice for mythic+ runs until I get my Outlaw spec figured out.

Anyway, sims also had me move things around where I am 876 which is a bit confusing but was wondering what you all think about the relics before I lose an 880 Vendetta relic for replacing it.
    Spike Flail - US Mal'Ganis | Currently 11/11 M | Art by ElyPop

3x MA is still bis with the boots

especially once you get the elissande trinket

AMR Is really misvaluing MA for some reason

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    3x MA is still bis with the boots

especially once you get the elissande trinket

AMR Is really misvaluing MA for some reason
    Yeah, with relics most likely but I like quadruple compared SimC to AMR and AMR is surprisingly accurate. Like, super accurate when using the beta Machine Learning.

@Crookids - are you using custom weights (that you made with the AMR simulator, the ones that take about an hour to run?) or the defaults? I just want to make sure you are getting the best advice possible. Also, when you run a custom setup on our simulator and use those on the gear pages, all items with a proc (which includes relics) are ranked DIRECTLY from those simulations. Super handy.

Also, I just started chatting with @shaunika123 today (Sorry, I feel like we keep running into eachother and it's total coincidence!). I'm not sure if shaunika has had a chance to read my response yet, but so far, it looks like our sims are accurate and NOT misvaluing MA (unless you find something else in response to what I posted, in which case, let me know and I will do more digging!) Anyway, /wave again, and if you have questions feel free to hit me up anytime.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    @Crookids - are you using custom weights (that you made with the AMR simulator, the ones that take about an hour to run?) or the defaults? I just want to make sure you are getting the best advice possible. Also, when you run a custom setup on our simulator and use those on the gear pages, all items with a proc (which includes relics) are ranked DIRECTLY from those simulations. Super handy.

Also, I just started chatting with @shaunika123 today (Sorry, I feel like we keep running into eachother and it's total coincidence!). I'm not sure if shaunika has had a chance to read my response yet, but so far, it looks like our sims are accurate and NOT misvaluing MA (unless you find something else in response to what I posted, in which case, let me know and I will do more digging!) Anyway, /wave again, and if you have questions feel free to hit me up anytime.
    No, I haven't used custom weights. Is there a guide for this?

What I did do was enable the Beta machine learning which states it is most accurate (I am a paid AMR subscriber) and it gave me the same results as running SimC with every piece of gear to ensure BIB was working properly. It was dead on. However, I did notice that machine learning gave the best results.

The only custom weights that I have inputted were the custom weights SimC gave me. I would most certainly rather use AMR.

EDIT: I figured out how to run the custom configuration for stat weights. I am running it now and I will let you know how the results turn out. I surely hope I didn't wrongly replace that Vendetta relic!
    Last edited by Crookids; 2017-01-16 at 04:28 PM.

I would stick with the MA relics. Specially with the NH trinket coming out.

@Crookids Glad you figured it out, I should have linked this earlier. There are a few best practices and tips listed on this how-to picture tutorial http://i.imgur.com/r2gpuBW.jpg

@Crookids Glad you figured it out, I should have linked this earlier. There are a few best practices and tips listed on this how-to picture tutorial http://i.imgur.com/r2gpuBW.jpg
    I feel like "BETA Machine Learning" is still better than the custom weights though. Do you disagree?

Also, running the custom weights didn't give me any different gear choices than the Default.

@Crookids - Yes, machine learning is beta. Assuming there isn't a bug or problem with it for your class. (We had to do an update for it over the weekend for Havoc, for example). It's looking pretty solid though, after all of the tests and people using it.

Re: custom weights you did: If your talents and whatnots match our default setup, the weights would end up being similar.

@Crookids - Yes, machine learning is beta. Assuming there isn't a bug or problem with it for your class. (We had to do an update for it over the weekend for Havoc, for example). It's looking pretty solid though, after all of the tests and people using it.

Re: custom weights you did: If your talents and whatnots match our default setup, the weights would end up being similar.
    They did (weights were around the same as default). However, I noticed that one of the talents were bugged (couldn't change it). It was the line with Thugee on it. Shouldn't make a difference in results though.

I did notice that stat priority changed a bit for Assassination. Supposedly it should be Agility > Mastery > Versatility > Crit > Haste. You all still have Agility > Mastery > Crit etc. I am sure you all are more accurate for 7.1.5 changes but I just figured you might want to take note of that.