Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    He can be pardoned can he not?
    No... not until he is sentenced.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

7+ Year Old Account
    Bad decision. We gotta make examples of such people, this is showing everybody it's ok to commit treason, just claim you are a mentally damaged person who claims to be a woman and you'll get a slap on the wrist.

[Infracted]

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    He showed that the NSA unrightfully sniffed the american people telephones, and spied on every internet activity.

Which isnt really on par with the american constitution.
    and neither is treason. again, Manning exposed the domestic spying while Snowden gave our secrets to our rivals.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Wrong. You can be pardoned before you are ever sentenced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    Wrong. You can be pardoned before you are ever sentenced.
    Pardoned for what? No charges, no sentencing, nothing to pardon.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    This is nothing but a play to discredit Assange.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I wonder what will happen now:

WIKILEAKS: JULIAN ASSANGE 'WILL AGREE TO U.S. EXTRADITION' IF CHELSEA MANNING FREED
    http://www.newsweek.com/assange-will...kileaks-542415
    This is exactly what I wonder.

Now, the phrasing of Wikileaks' tweet is extremely important: https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

If Obama grants Manning clemency Assange will agree to US extradition despite clear unconstitutionality of DoJ case
    Manning received clemency, exactly as the tweet indicated. Her criminal records won't be cleared, but her sentence extremely reduced. In fact, she'd be freed on may 17th, as OP stated.

But in any case, today is a day where I feel there's a little bit more justice in this world. Thanks Obama for helping Manning.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    and neither is treason.
    It was treason if he told secrets to the enemy, which he didnt. He told the general public about the NSA working unlawfully.

At the end he showed everyone the NSA used criminals methods to gather data they should not have.

7+ Year Old Account
    You can be pardoned pre-emptively. When they want to convict you for the thing you were pardoned they're out of luck.

Deleted
    and neither is treason. again, Manning exposed the domestic spying while Snowden gave our secrets to our rivals.
    And you got proofs for the idea he gave it to "rivals", while he infact gave the informations about the illegal mass spying to the press?

It was treason if he told secrets to the enemy, which he didnt. He told the general public about the NSA working unlawfully.

At the end he showed everyone the NSA used criminals methods to gather data they should not have.
    /rubs temples

AGAIN, it was Manning that exposed the actually illegal NSA spying. Snowden did not, he gave away information that got people killed. innocent people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Iirc ford pardoned nixon before he was charged or sentenced.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Not a chance
    Of course he won't.

And now we'll see the real Assange. An opportunist.

Deleted
    AGAIN, it was Manning that exposed the actually illegal NSA spying. Snowden did not, he gave away information that got people killed. innocent people.
    Snowden gave away all detailed informations about the NSA spying. Including every single software documentation.

He brought in all the details. Did you follow Glenn Greenwalds twitter posts those days?

And you got proofs for the idea he gave it to "rivals", while he infact gave the informations about the illegal mass spying to the press?
    http://www.businessinsider.com/snowd...a-files-2015-6
    as a start
    https://www.wired.com/2015/06/course...den-documents/
    and some more

That's not what a pardon means. It means either all charges should be dropped OR that none can be filed in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Incorrect. Ford pardoned Nixon without him ever going to trial.

The crime does not need to be specified. They can just give a date range.

https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Proclamation_4311

NOW, THEREFORE, I, GERALD R. FORD, PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, pursuant to the pardon power conferred upon me by Article II, Section 2, of the Constitution, have granted and by these presents do grant a full, free, and absolute pardon unto Richard Nixon for all offenses against the United States which he, Richard Nixon, has committed or may have committed or taken part in during the period from January 20, 1969 through August 9, 1974.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Snowden gave away all detailed informations about the NSA spying. Including every single software documentation.

He brought in all the details. Did you follow Glenn Greenwalds twitter posts those days?
    which is exactly why he's not in the same position as Manning, by your own admission. and no I don't bother with twitter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Obama played... his trump card...

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    This is nothing but a play to discredit Assange.
    What say you Assange worshippers when it works and your god is caught in a lie?