Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Disgusting move. Completely ignoring that her leaks exposed hundreds of Afghan informants, many of whom were killed in retaliation by the Taliban. What a joke.

Deleted
    You are aware that he gave all those infos to the press? And that it was available from multiple sources after he did?

He never was planning to give the data to secret services. They just took it when he made it available to the press.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Pardoned for what? No charges, no sentencing, nothing to pardon.
    SCOTUS case Garland (1867) - "[The President's pardoning power] extends to every offense known to the law, and may be exercised at any time after its commission, either before legal proceedings are taken, or during their pendency, or after conviction and judgment."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    which is exactly why he's not in the same position as Manning, by your own admission. and no I don't bother with twitter.
    He is in an even worse situation actually, as his actions are being handled as treason.

While he just is no traitor, but a whistleblower who informed the general public about americas criminal actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsar Bomba View Post
    Disgusting move. Completely ignoring that her leaks exposed hundreds of Afghan informants, many of whom were killed in retaliation by the Taliban. What a joke.
    I don't think it's *completely* ignoring. He has done 7 years, which is pretty substantial.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    You are aware that he gave all those infos to the press? And that it was available from multiple sources after he did?

He never was planning to give the data to secret services. They just took it when he made it available to the press.
    the fact he made it public AT ALL is why he should be treated like the treasonous POS he is. all he did was make it easier for our enemies including terrorist groups to evade us, I'm not quite grasping how that's a good thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    What say you Assange worshippers when it works and your god is caught in a lie?
    Pretty much. Assange has now the most important decision of his life, either he saves himself or Wikileaks. Lets see what he will choose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Wasn't expecting him to actually do it.

Now where is Assage?
    Hiding in his embassy, hitting his head on a desk repeatedly for making that statement.

This is good.

I thought that Chelsea Manning got US citizens killed while Snowden exposed the government which for some reason is seen as the bigger offense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    the fact he made it public AT ALL is why he should be treated like the treasonous POS he is. all he did was make it easier for our enemies including terrorist groups to evade us, I'm not quite grasping how that's a good thing.
    It is a good thing because he informed the general public about americas criminal activities about recording and processing every communication activity.

Snowden did not tell "rivals" about military state secrets, but informed the general public about crimes. And thats exactly the difference that matters.

America did the criminal actions. Not Mr. Snowden.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Yeah, I agree, now I wonder what will happen with Snowden... I saw this just today though:

White House: No Snowden clemency request
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/17/politi...mency-request/

Also, I like your Avatar... that is so true... I think that is exactly what happened with the far left + far right.
    Snowden is a fight to come, but not yet. What made Chelsea such a good "target" for clemency is everything it entailed.

LGBT movements were strong proponents for pardon, considering her unethical treatments and the torture she went through. She also went through the judiciary system and admitted her crime. Likewise, this was also a strong political move: Either they get Assange, or they discredit him and try to smear Wikileaks along the way.

Snowden, on the other hand, gave them nothing. Not Assange, not any minority group, nor any "fair" trial. It may happen in the future, but it's too soon to say with certainty.

And thanks! I've been dawdling a bit on my side to make something readable, neutral and good about politics. Horseshoe theory seemed to fit these criteria perfectly.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Assange is not due before may and Manning's free walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsar Bomba View Post
    You are posting on an extremely liberal minded board that doesn't care about the security of the United States. They will all make fun of you/discredit you. They will all cheer this. They all cheer obama who kills innocent people with drones, and then cheer a traitor who exposed the government breaking the law(which it does on a daily basis). He is trying to make his presidency great in the eyes of his liberal supporters. You think this is going to go over well in the rust belt where they elected Trump because of obama?

Deleted
    Seriously, can't stop reading the news without hearing "HEADSHOT" inside my head. It's good to know that the someone in the US still knows how to play the diplomatic/espionage game.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2017-01-17 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    It is a good thing because he informed the general public about americas criminal activities about recording and processing every communication activity.

Snowden did not tell "rivals" about protective state secrets, but informed the general public about crimes. And thats exactly the difference that matters.

America did the criminal actions. Not Mr. Snowden.
    I think your are seriously confusing Manning with Snowden. I've already told you that Manning exposed the domestic spying to the public, Snowden, gave classified documents of major importance to the public AND our enemies, the two are similar but the Crimes committed by one is greater then the other. you can think Snowden is a hero all you want but I for one sure a hell don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ge0 View Post
    I don't think it's *completely* ignoring. He has done 7 years, which is pretty substantial.
    Under conditions that the UN called cruel and inhumane
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by ge0 View Post

7 years is not substantial. Especially when you are coddled and separated for being transgendered.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    You are posting on an extremely liberal minded board that doesn't care about the security of the United States. They will all make fun of you/discredit you. They will all cheer this. They all cheer obama who kills innocent people with drones, and then cheer a traitor who exposed the government breaking the law(which it does on a daily basis). He is trying to make his presidency great in the eyes of his liberal supporters. You think this is going to go over well in the rust belt where they elected Trump because of obama?
    Do you really turned this into a "liberal vs conservative" debate? Really?

It's about getting a bigger fish, named Assange.

Obama triggering conservatives even in the last week of his presidency.

How excellent.