Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Demonic Build just got stealth nerfed :D

Hello my fellas

If you guys haven't noticed or tried today, you can't extend the Meta like you could do before, which means they stealth nerfed, even tho there is no post where they said they would do that, but I agree Demonic build was quite broken in M+, but still want Blizz devs, to mention the nerfs they do, not go hidden like that again and again what do you guys think about that?

Can anyone else confirm this? I'm EU so I can't look by myself right now. Not saying that you lie, would just like to see confirmation from others.

It's most likely a bug, it used to be like this for a very long time until it was fixed a week or two ago...

I assume when they applied the hotfix (2% nerf and chaos blade stuff) that they somehow reverted the meta refresh duration code to the bugged one.

No way to know 100% sure obviously but that's what i assume happened.

I just tested it on the imp dummies and its true, EB doesn't extend Meta.

Deleted
    It does refresh. But only one time per Meta so you can't cheese it in m+.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can anyone explain the "cheesing" that was going on before the stealth nerf? I'm relatively new to DH.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Can anyone explain the "cheesing" that was going on before the stealth nerf? I'm relatively new to DH.
    With the demonic reborn talent you do do the following.
    Eye Beam into a meta
    Cast Meta after it ends
    Immediately Eyebeam to extend the duration
    And depending on Demonic Appetite procs you could eyebeam again.
    Basically getting 100% uptime on meta for Mythic+ Bosses and some cases still have meta after the fight.

However in shorter fights the Felblade/Demon Blades/Nemesis/Chaos Blades still pulls more dps than having that full uptime on meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    dh's with the helm would pop meta on lets say first pull in maw, and refresh meta to like 3min since if you hit 12 targets eyebeam doesnt have cd.

its was a gimic but if you wanted to cheese you could get 4 dh's and a tank and go ham in mythic +

I noticed this before the restarts, not a ninja nerf, Was just like that to stop perma meta in some mythic dungeons lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanislav View Post
    dh's with the helm would pop meta on lets say first pull in maw, and refresh meta to like 3min since if you hit 12 targets eyebeam doesnt have cd.

its was a gimic but if you wanted to cheese you could get 4 dh's and a tank and go ham in mythic +

Quote Originally Posted by Stanislav View Post

This!
    Arcway +12, pushed meta up to several minutes and had 100% meta up to the first boss, where the CD was ready again.
    THAT was cheesing at it's finest^^

Demon reborn is no cheesing, that's just how it is supposed to work. Unfortunately it was nerfed at the same time in single target :|
    Until yesterday it could go like:
    8sec meta with eyebeam
    30 meta with CD
    8sec meta with exebeam right after death sweep
    8sec meta with eyebeam while still in meta
    8sec meta right after meta expires (if you got lucky)

Now it depends on whether or not we get the cooldown ready for the eyebeam right after the regular meta expires.
    And even then someone has to do sims, if you should wait with the second eyebeam in meta and starve on fury, or if you just push it regardless and have to wait some seconds after the regular meta to pop it again.

They should have let it refresh it 2 times and not only 1 time :/

Eh, 2 times was OP as hell, I'm pretty sure I coulda maintained pretty close to 90% meta uptime on heroic scorp today with 2x extensions, and it sure as hell is too strong for mythic +.

Pretty convinced this was on purpose, it seemed pretty needed. I got 3 eyebeams within meta on several pulls today, woulda been too strong.

Demonic build still seems okay though for heroic.

i think demonic with the recent fix is what it should be. otherwise it would be yet another "have these talents and that legendary or be a scrub" thing even more than it will be already with leg shoulders and fate-trinket.
    or blizz would nerf DH to the ground to "balance" the class around perma meta as the default state.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narzok View Post
    i think demonic with the recent fix is what it should be. otherwise it would be yet another "have these talents and that legendary or be a scrub" thing even more than it will be already with leg shoulders and fate-trinket.
    or blizz would nerf DH to the ground to "balance" the class around perma meta as the default state.
    I agree, DH is still have certain legendary or scub

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Fun detected. Fun nerfed

"Fun" is in this case broken. Demonic build is still very good for mythic+ because you have consistent burst with meta on every pack of mobs. I enjoy it alot, sadly it's not as viable in raids.

Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    "Fun" is in this case broken.
    The Legendary is what is broken. More endless class nerfs and fun nerfs because of these stupid Legendaries.

Eye Beam now only extends the duration of Metamorphosis once, with the Demonic talent.

From the wowhead post of today's hotfixes

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    Can anyone else confirm this? I'm EU so I can't look by myself right now. Not saying that you lie, would just like to see confirmation from others.
    Eye Beam now only extends the duration of Metamorphosis once, with the Demonic talent.

i'm so mad

Everyone, throw your support behind this thread, maybe we can save the demonic build in raids. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752502437
    Last edited by Wardonis; 2017-01-19 at 05:04 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well deserved nerf, extending the duration indefinitely was horribly broken. However, they should have made it refresh the Demonic Meta duration to 8 seconds every time you use Eye Beam.

Nerfing the interaction of Demonic/Demon Reborn was completely unwarranted.
    Last edited by Littlepwny; 2017-01-19 at 07:59 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepwny View Post
    Well deserved nerf, extending the duration indefinitely was horribly broken. However, they should have made it refresh the Demonic Meta duration to 8 seconds every time you use Eye Beam.

Nerfing the interaction of Demonic/Demon Reborn was completely unwarranted.
    The interaction isn't nerfed at all? Read what the nerf says. It's nerfed mainly for the legendary head users since they litteraly could have up to a minute of meta by just using eye beam on big m+ packs.