Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    You think this is going to go over well in the rust belt where they elected Trump because of obama?
    Nothing will go over well with people who vote just to stick it to Obama.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38659068

President Barack Obama has commuted Chelsea Manning's sentence for leaking documents to Wikileaks in 2010.

The 29-year-old transgender US Army private, born Bradley Manning, will be freed on 17 May instead of her scheduled 2045 release.

She was sentenced to 35 years in 2013 for her role in leaking diplomatic cables to the anti-secrecy group.

The leak was one of the largest breaches of classified material in US history.

One of the times where you can say. Good job Obama!
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, how is this GOOD. Now Assange has to turn himself in??? Or is he just gonna be like JK OBAMA, DIDN'T EXPECT HER TO BE RELEASED SO I JUST TALKED OUT OF MY ASS...

Hopefully Obama just forgets Assange ever said anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Under conditions that the UN called cruel and inhumane
    The Un is a joke/has been a joke/ and will continue to be a joke until we wise up and kick them out of their building here in the United States.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    I think your are seriously confusing Manning with Snowden. I've already told you that Manning exposed the domestic spying to the public, Snowden, gave classified documents of major importance to the public AND our enemies, the two are similar but the Crimes committed by one is greater then the other. you can think Snowden is a hero all you want but I for one sure a hell don't.
    The classified documents described a criminal system of mass surveilance. Therefore, it is actually about protecting the general public if you release informations about those criminal activities.

I dont think Mr. Snowden is a hero. I just think he should be able to go home. Without a goverment hunting him down for being cought doing illegal activities.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    He also should commute Mr. Snowden.
    From the announce it looks like that is unlikely. He specifically called out that manning admitted guilty and went through the court process and served some prison time while snowden basically ran off to a hostile foreign power with classified info. So it may happen but the wording I saw on the press clip seemed to indicate that the white house feels snowden can get stuffed for all they care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    Wait, how is this GOOD. Now Assange has to turn himself in??? Or is he just gonna be like JK OBAMA, DIDN'T EXPECT HER TO BE RELEASED SO I JUST TALKED OUT OF MY ASS...

Oh he didn't forget. I don't for a second believe Obama did this out the kindness of his heart. This is purely a play to discredit Assange and it'll work.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Nothing will go over well with people who vote just to stick it to Obama.
    They didn't vote to stick it to obama. He helped campaign for clinton saying voting for her was voting to extend his legacy. So a vote against her is a vote against what he has been doing. And for that help, they voted for Trump.

This seems more like a bitch slap to Assange than anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

The classified documents described a criminal system of mass surveilance. Therefore, it is actually about protecting the general public if you release informations about those criminal activities.
    they also contained information important to our efforts across the globe, that WERE'NT illegal. that's what I'm trying to impart to you. I want him to come home too, so he can be hauled off to court.

10+ Year Old Account

Honestly, it's a brilliant move by Obama.

You either get Assange, or completely destroy his credibility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    True. My only thought is the Russia connection, and trying to stick it to Putin by getting Snowden out of there. Of course they could use that against Snowden instead...

Yeah, the Horseshoe theory is what I feel happened, though I use gaming terms and just say they "clipped" through the divide. A lot of the left, to me, now feel like puritans, but from the opposite direction.

A sexy naked women is not a "slut" (from the right perspective), but a victim to the patriarchy, that has let herself be objectified... so we should shame her for that.... because that is "better" than slut... I guess? I am not sure anymore.
    The "Russia" topic will most likely come back when (and if) Assange keep his words of facing the US justice. There's no doubt that the sources of the leaks will become a central topic - extending up to Snowden, perhaps even being a centerpiece.

Well, one of the good things to come out of that, if it happens, is the mediatic coverage the case will receive. How will Wikileaks play with it, the medias and obviously the government is honestly exciting, if a little depressing.

For your example, I've heard people say that "Women's right are primordial, as long that they agree with us!". The modern group is filled to the brink of hypocrisy. Women can wear the clothes they want and shouldn't be dictated by the patriarchy! Unless they disagree with the modern feminism, in which case they're the bi-product of patriarchy. Of course.

And the Horseshoe theory is easily observable in this thread. It's fascinating how these things manifest themselves.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Deleted
    they also contained information important to our efforts across the globe, that WERE'NT illegal. that's what I'm trying to impart to you. I want him to come home too, so he can be hauled off to court.
    Actually, mass spying in other countries also is illegal. At least in the other countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    This seems more like a bitch slap to Assange than anything else.
    it's a political move for sure. Assange said he'll turn himself over if Chelsea Manning gets clemency. Trump (at the time) said Manning/Assange's crimes deserve the death penalty. now let's see if Assange is a man of his word who can be trusted; and if so, let's watch Trump squirm to figure out how to handle it. he can either give the guy who he thought should be dead a pardon for helping him win the election or stand true to his beliefs and defy his base who have been on Assange's taint for the past year. either choice loses him political capital, which he doesn't have much of to begin with.

Actually, mass spying in other countries also is illegal. At least in the other countries.
    which they also do to us as well, so it's a rather pointless issue to argue over.

Deleted
    which they also do to us as well, so it's a rather pointless issue to argue over.
    You believe germany has the power to spy on the american internet?

Or russia?

Of course he's not going to do it. There's absolutely no way Assange is going to turn himself in. He was playing a game of chicken. And lost.

Obama also pardoned another individual who was arrested for telling reporters high-security information.

I really think he's trying to undo the reputation his administration has (rightfully, sadly) earned for being anti-whistleblower. Whether or not that's because he really cares about it or he's trying to brighten up his legacy, or both, who cares.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Well, one of the good things to come out of that, if it happens, is the mediatic coverage the case will receive. How will Wikileaks play with it, the medias and obviously the government is honestly exciting, if a little depressing.
    Reason why Assange must be facing the hardest choice of his life. Or not, he could be a complete sellout and simply not care about his credit.

You believe germany has the power to spy on the american internet?

Or russia?
    yes? we already know they do.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    7 years is not substantial. Especially when you are coddled and separated for being transgendered.
    Wall Street did a million times more damage than both of them put together and no one spent a day in jail. Comparatively speaking 7 years is infinity.