Page 27 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalamander View Post
    Hopefully the delay is because they had already planned on not having flying in this expansion while they were half way done with it so it was only complicated to add it from the start. We'll see what the future holds.
    It's definitely one of several possibilities. Keep in mind that Legion was supposedly being developed and planned around the same time as WoD. It's logical to assume, under those conditions, that much of the early content for Legion was built and designed under the same abortive "No-flying ever again" experiment that WoD was. It could be that Blizzard is building later content for Legion with flying in mind; hence the delay for obtaining it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitak View Post
    I still love seeing random players being chased by 20 mobs they aggroed Introducing flying will make the the zone a total joke, they might as well just give you free WQ in that case
    TRANSLATION: Keep flying locked so I can see other people annoyed by trash mobs. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schadenfreude

Sorry, that's not a valid reason to restrict flying. Also, you can't make a zone into a total joke when it's already a total joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    YEA! I don't want to experience the game the way it's meant to be! I want a high level of convenience where I get to the location I want in less than a second! I also want to be positioned above everyone else so I can watch a game of fog!
    And what's the problem with wanting to get to your enjoyment faster? Isn't that what instant teleports to dungeons or Battlegrounds does? Should we start forcing people to walk through zones without their mounts, just to reach instance entrances so they can PVP? Yes, WoW used to require that. No, it wasn't good then, either. Blizzard introduced teleporting to instances because it was convenient and good for the game and the players. Lets look at having to gather at the M+ entrance. How is the experience of the M+ run in ANY WAY improved by having to physically take the time to travel to the entrance? Explain that to me, please. It should be interesting.

As for "experiencing the game the way it's meant to be played"? IMHO the way Blizzard means for us to play is garbage. It's tedious. It's boring. A mazelike zone design filled with meaningless trash mobs does not make for a more engaging game. Maybe the first time through as I'm leveling it has some vague merit, but the second time? The fifth time? The hundredth time? Maybe some people like that experience? Fine! I don't try to impose my way of playing on them. They don't have to fly if they don't want to. More power to them. But as for me, give me the ability to choose what type of gameplay I want.

The entire "No-Flying" experiment is a joke.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-01-17 at 08:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's just Blizzard being spiteful little children. We learned that in WoD with them framing the flying conversation, with them insisting they knew best, and then when they realized that players wouldn't stand for that bullshit they implemented the flight achievements that required rep grinding and other things out of spite.

Obviously they give us flying when we no longer need it, then claim we never actually wanted it.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Get rid of the random rocks and branches that stop you dead in your tracks and flying would be less necessary.

Get rid of some of the random slopes, no different than others, that prevent you from getting from point A to point B...which is 20 feet away and flying will be less necessary.

Add these same barriers at high elevations so that we do not fall to our death due to a stupid extra incline, and flying will be less necessary.

Speaking rationally from someone who did not play for most of WoD and played for only the first six weeks of Legion, no flying was a big part of why I let my sub go both times. I enjoy actual game play elements in Legion, but the process and amount of time it takes to get to my objectives is disengaging for me. I hate hopping on a flight path and afk'ing til I get to my next point, it pulls me out of the game and takes away from the experience for me. Having to 'fight' your way into every objective isn't immersing for me, it's an time consuming annoyance. I am perfectly fine with earning flying in some way, but I don't support simply time gating it in order to drag out content. I didn't throw a hissy fit or froth at the mouth when I let my sub go, I just quietly slipped away because the game isn't as fun for me without flying. I can honestly say, I would likely be playing now if I could fly. You can tell me I'm entitled or lazy or whatever you want, but it's my time and if I'm going to use it playing the game, I want it to be efficient, so I can accomplish more in less time and still enjoy the other aspects of my life. So that said, I'll probably come back once I can fly and give it a go, but combine the lack of flying with the AP system and I may just feel too far behind to bother even once the game play is more suitable for me.
    Last edited by ganush; 2017-01-17 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I am confident 7.2 will be released in April with the raid hitting June
    I don't expect to see 7.2 before summer and it wouldn't surprise me if no one has flying until close to Legion's anniversary. There's still Pathfinder 2 to do and while in print it doesn't look like much we don't know how Blizzard plans to implement it. It could be something that's dragged out another couple of months post patch.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I don't expect to see 7.2 before summer and it wouldn't surprise me if no one has flying until close to Legion's anniversary. There's still Pathfinder 2 to do and while in print it doesn't look like much we don't know how Blizzard plans to implement it. It could be something that's dragged out another couple of months post patch.
    I suspect the verdict will largely be determined by how 7.2 handles flying, and what content is like for flying at that point. If it's just more no-fly islands, with flying locked behind more grindy achievements, we can all put this discussion to rest, as it will be obvious to everyone that Blizzard had no intent to use flying for anything other than a carrot to fool players into subbing. On the other hand, if they actually use flying and make it interesting, it will be a good sign that Blizzard has actually listened to the complaints and suggestions of the community.

I have very little faith in the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I have very little faith in the latter.
    Probably because it's something that has never happened and never will because flying isn't interesting and doesn't offer interesting gameplay options. Sry.

Quote Originally Posted by uopayroll View Post
    Get rid of the random rocks and branches that stop you dead in your tracks and flying would be less necessary.

Get rid of some of the random slopes, no different than others, that prevent you from getting from point A to point B...which is 20 feet away and flying will be less necessary.

Add these same barriers at high elevations so that we do not fall to our death due to a stupid extra incline, and flying will be less necessary.
    Yeah man, let's just make everywhere just like the rift of aln.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Yeah the problem is world/daily quests are an outdated boring concept. Flying would just make it more bearable but the real problem is the concept of doing the same set of quests every day/week.

Fun fact : there were no daily quests in vanilla.
    Instead, there were long, boring grinds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    Probably because it's something that has never happened and never will because flying isn't interesting and doesn't offer interesting gameplay options. Sry.
    You clearly didn't play during TBC or WotLK. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that it can't be used well. Just because Blizzard is not CURRENTLY doing something doesn't mean it can't be done.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-01-17 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    You clearly didn't play during TBC or WotLK. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that it can't be used well. Just because Blizzard is not doing something doesn't mean it can't be done.
    Still wasn't interesting back then, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    Right now they need to release content that revolves around flying. TBC had the daily quest zone for the dragon mount, and Wrath had Icecrown and Storm Peaks, for which flying was mandatory. People have gotten too used to flying as a crutch which is what leads to the endless whining about when is flying to be re-implemented.

There is no zone released currently where flying is a must. People just want to be able to avoid content that they view as pointless. Suramar is a prime example of this as most would rather bitch and moan about the city's layout, rather than learn it. And I can guarantee that at least 90% of those crying over flying will most likely just afk in flight over some area rather than use it for something useful.
    I disagree.

I argue completely against the "I quit with no flying" crowd but I also believe that flying at this point in legion would be good.

I personally enjoy hovering over zones even if I'm ask just to acknowledge and check out the entire zone. Most zones look really good from the sky (like suramar) and I really enjoy looking from above sometimes.

I can't think of any logical reason why flying shouldn't have been in 7.1.5. We've been using ground mounts for how long now? I think this would've been a perfect amount of time to wait for flying.

Whether we get it or not doesn't have a barring on whether I'd unsub or not that's obviously ridiculous but I do think it would've been nice to have right around now. When I fly I normally look down so I can see the entire zones and it's pretty fun to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ganush View Post
    Having to 'fight' your way into every objective isn't immersing for me, it's an time consuming annoyance.
    I wouldn't mind clearing a path to an objective if it would stay cleared. As it is, there's just no point--the mobs will be back in a few minutes anyway.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapped View Post
    Yeah I can't stand Suramar. This whole thing where they have to gate flying behind a bunch of BS is just retarded at this point. All the people that cried for no flying that probably aren't even playing anymore.. Smh.
    I have not had one issue going through Suramar city, unless of course I count the number of people that can't seem do so themselves. I personally, hope Suramar is one zone they don't allow flying in, because it would ruin the reasons they set the city up the way they did in the first place.
    Last edited by Apexis; 2017-01-18 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrs ankle View Post
    Still wasn't interesting back then, sorry.
    Annnnd WHOOSH! Right over some people's head. :/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Apexis View Post
    I have not had one issue going through Suramar city, unless of course I count the number of people that can't seem do so themselves. I personally, hope Suramar is one zone they don't allow flying in, because it would ruin the reasons they set the city up the way they did in the first place.
    Then you also hope they remove all the portals, gliding, and the illusion buff as well?

I can't wait for flying to be added and see people start bitching about how world quests are too simple because you just fly there and complete it within seconds because there are no obstacles.

7+ Year Old Account
    I started in 2006 with TBC. Flight was a nice treat at the end of the expac. I continued into Wrath, and flight was a nice treat at lvl 77 when I hit Storm Peaks. I continued into Cata and flight on Azeroth was a nice treat. But that's all flying really is... a treat. It is not end game content, or required for questing. In fact, aside from a few hard to reach spots (which could be replaced with teleporters like the one in Dalaran), flight could be removed entirely and a fair portion of the playerbase would keep right on playing. WoW offers most of us something other MMOs lack, and flight is just the treat that comes with those other necessary items.

Quote Originally Posted by Apexis View Post
    My main issue with no-flying is that its artificially gated. Its no longer a reward for reaching max level like it used to be. We've accumulated all these flying mounts over the years, and they have to stay grounded, for what reason? Pathfinder Rank 1 should've been flying. With all the portals, FPs, and the whistle, you can move around pretty efficiently as it is, why not just allow flying then?

I'm fine if Suramar had some kind of aura around it that disables flying. Totally fine with that.