Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    You do know that people buy digital games right?
    Oh really? Well no shit, thanks for the heads up.
    Looks at my New 3DS ..........can hold 3-4+ games without upgraded micro HD card.
    Looks at Switch HD ..............can hold 3-4+ games without upgraded micro HD card.

And this is suddenly a problem how.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ya for anyone going full digital on this (and I hope it isn't many). They should expect to replace there SD card every year to 2 years (max). Also they will have to drop a decent amount of cash to get one with half decent read speed.

I highly advise people to not go full digital with this thing.

If it has a spare USB (I don't recall if it does or not) maybe people can buy a external HD for it.

The switch comes with an extra slot available and currently empty for the micro sd card. Honestly people, the HD space will not be an issue if you plan appropriately and not expect to DL every game digitally, if you do plan on doing every game as a DL, get a micro hd that is 128 or higher.
    Last edited by ezgeze; 2017-01-18 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ezgeze View Post
    The switch comes with an extra slot available and currently empty for the micro sd card. Honestly people, the HD space will not be an issue if you plan appropriately and not expect to DL every game digitally, if you do plan on doing every game as a DL, get a micro hd that is 128 or higher.
    So don't do what people expect to be able to do in 2017 with there election device........ got it.

500gig was too small for a XB1/PS4 and 32gig is too small for a Switch. This isn't even a opinion, zelda will take up 40% of the HD space and many people rather have digital over hardcopy's.

While I am not one of those people that market is clearly there.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Bullshit, I have used the same cards for years and had no issues with them.
    Aye, Samsung makes good SD cards. Had mine for years now and use it every day, no issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Welp, game is "preselling" Switch games at SIXTY FUCKING POUNDS OF THE REALM and that is insane for one game. God only knows what Canadians and Australians will be charged, they made need to take a loan for this one
    Game prices have been pretty flat since the 90's, if anything when taking inflation into consideration, the price has actually fallen significantly.

- - - Updated - - -

So don't do what people expect to be able to do in 2017 with there election device........ got it.

500gig was too small for a XB1/PS4 and 32gig is too small for a Switch. This isn't even a opinion, zelda will take up 40% of the HD space and many people rather have digital over hardcopy's.

Again, in comparing a PS4 system that requires users to download a significant chunk of data on the hard drive to play to the Switch that allows relative download free gaming due to using physical copies, a clean comparison between the two is inaccurate.

the Switch is almost EXACTLY like the new Nintendo 3ds in terms of the number of games that can be digitally downloaded on the default space available and you don't have a huge blowback like you are complaining about. If anything, its better than the 3ds because the Switch provides an empty micro sd slot where the 3ds you needed to replace the one that came with the system with a larger one. In essence paying for something you wont use and wasting storage space to boot.

Also, what are you suggesting Nintendo to do with the switch's storage space? Should they just include a huge card inside it and boost the price another 100+ dollars? then you would be here bitching about the costs.

If you cant be objective enough to know this difference, really, just don't buy the switch. Stick to the Ps4.
    Last edited by ezgeze; 2017-01-18 at 01:13 AM.

I think it's safe to say they're in the minority, considering how angry people got when Microsoft tried heading in that direction with the "Always Online" feature.

Also, what are you suggesting Nintendo to do with the switch's storage space? Should they just include a huge card inside it and boost the price another 100+ dollars? then you would be here bitching about the costs.

If you cant be objective enough to know this difference, really, just don't buy the switch. Stick to the Ps4.
    No The Switch should have came with a bigger HD in it to begin with and even if they did add a SD card it wouldn't have made the system cost $100 more. I know the difference and clearly you don't. People are going to use this as a home console and many people are going to go digital. With such a small HD size you will be forced to buy a SD card to go digital.

Zelda and Mario (The one this holiday not MK8) will eat up the HD space if you can even fit both on there. As it stands we don't know how much of the 32gig you will even get to use. Also keep in mind DLC and Patch's for games along with any OS updates.

That 32gig is going to be used fast.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    No The Switch should have came with a bigger HD in it to begin with and even if they did add a SD card it wouldn't have made the system cost $100 more. I know the difference and clearly you don't. People are going to use this as a home console and many people are going to go digital. With such a small HD size you will be forced to buy a SD card to go digital.

Zelda and Mario (The one this holiday not MK8) will eat up the HD space if you can even fit both on there. As it stands we don't know how much of the 32gig you will even get to use. Also keep in mind DLC and Patch's for games along with any OS updates.

We shall see I suppose.
    At this point however I am trusting the experts at Nintendo vs some random internet guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I think it's safe to say they're in the minority, considering how angry people got when Microsoft tried heading in that direction with the "Always Online" feature.
    And ya look at PC gaming where its 99% digital. Its how Microsoft was going digital that pissed people off, not that they was doing it. Hell while its a super small amount I know many people who are fully digital on Ps4.

I don't recommend it because the prices never equal what hardcopy's cost (Knack is $40 digital). If Nintendo plans to get popular 3rd party titles and DLC the space will be needed.

32gig's is small and even phones are starting to be bigger on space.

- - - Updated - - -

We shall see I suppose.
    At this point however I trusting the experts at Nintendo vs some random internet guy.
    How did those experts work out for you with the Wii-U? I heard that console did fucken amazing.........

And ya look at PC gaming where its 99% digital. Its how Microsoft was going digital that pissed people off, not that they was doing it. Hell while its a super small amount I know many people who are fully digital on Ps4.

I don't recommend it because the prices never equal what hardcopy's cost (Knack is $40 digital). If Nintendo plans to get popular 3rd party titles and DLC the space will be needed.
    Different markets in terms of PC.

Steam managed to hit it big, and Steam is all digital now. Most of what the PC offers is digital now, it's not quite the same situation.

On top of that, Nintendo games tend to stick to the same value, as Tech has pointed out several times, so it's also just a bad choice to go digital only when it comes to Nintendo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    On top of that, Nintendo games tend to stick to the same value, as Tech has pointed out several times, so it's also just a bad choice to go digital only when it comes to Nintendo.
    Its subjective if going digital with Nintendo is bad or not. Its only bad if you care about resell value or keeping the games.

Many don't give a fuck ether way. Its only bad objectively due to the shit HD space and needing to get a Micro SD.

I console game and if I wanted to go all digital I would just PC game. But not everyone is like me, some go console and digital.

32gig HD for any device in 2017 is shit.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-01-18 at 02:00 AM.

Lol remember memory cards guys? Now we are complaining that systems by default don't have enough space.

I feel old
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Digital is growing but it's still at least a couple generations away from being the mainstay. It probably be bigger if not for GameStop. GameStop has a huge hold on the gaming market and used games are their biggest profit. GameStop was ready to go to war with Xbox when they tried to kill used games

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Lol remember memory cards guys? Now we are complaining that systems by default don't have enough space.

I feel old
    Remember when having saves on your memory card unlocked shit? Like getting a pikmin trophy in melee
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus, 32 GB might not be a ton, but microSDXC cards aren't that expensive, especially compared to the Vita proprietary memory cards being batshit overpriced.

A 64 GB microSDXC card is only $30 and a 128 GB is around $85-100. Not terribly expensive to be honest.

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account

How did those experts work out for you with the Wii-U? I heard that console did fucken amazing.........
    Not sure I didn't buy it, nor did I buy the Wii. I bought the 3ds.

I am not however going to bitch up a firestorm for having to switch a cartridge a few times a day or so because I am somehow thinking that's going to make the system somehow bad. Could they have included more internal storage? Sure, but the reasons it wasn't included was probably determined by people who have vastly more knowledge of the system than either you or I.

- - - Updated - - -

Jesus, 32 GB might not be a ton, but microSDXC cards aren't that expensive, especially compared to the Vita proprietary memory cards being batshit overpriced.

A 64 GB microSDXC card is only $30 and a 128 GB is around $85-100. Not terribly expensive to be honest.
    and those cards are only going to get bigger and cheaper.

When compared to a HD ya it is.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not however going to bitch up a firestorm for having to switch a cartridge a few times a day or so because I am somehow thinking that's going to make the system somehow bad. Could they have included more internal storage? Sure, but the reasons it wasn't included was probably determined by people who have vastly more knowledge of the system than either you or I.
    You heard it here fokes, no negative feedback only positive. Those same people though 8gigs in the Wii-U was a good idea as well....

- - - Updated - - -

You heard it here fokes, no negative feedback only positive. Those same people though 8gigs in the Wii-U was a good idea as well....

Not sure I didn't buy it, nor did I buy the Wii. I bought the 3ds.
    Here's a hint, less then 15million Wii-U's sold in 5 years. It got beat by the PSvita.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The difference is that a fucking hard drive isn't smaller than the average adults thumb nail. Where the fuck are you going to cram a mechanical hard drive into a tablet? Not to mention what stupid jagoff would do that anyway? Hard drives always break in portable devices, do you have any concept of how much ass ramming Nintendo would get if they put a mechanical hard drive in, or god forbid an SSD? One would break easily and the other would drastically inflate the price, so using 32 GB of internal storage with micrSDXC cards which can reach 1TB in size, was one of the few smart choices they could make.

The difference is that a fucking hard drive isn't smaller than the average adults thumb nail. Where the fuck are you going to cram a mechanical hard drive into a tablet? Not to mention what stupid jagoff would do that anyway? Hard drives always break in portable devices, do you have any concept of how much ass ramming Nintendo would get if they put a mechanical hard drive in, or god forbid an SSD? One would break easily and the other would drastically inflate the price, so using 32 GB of internal storage with micrSDXC cards which can reach 1TB in size, was one of the few smart choices they could make.
    You clearly are not getting the point. If this thing supports external HD's then its MUCH better to get a External HD over a Micro US (at lease when it comes to performance,size and price).

To get decent space its going to be costly as fuck and due to lack of space u can kiss any major 3rd party multiplatform titles goodbye.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-01-18 at 02:39 AM.

Even if the docks USB allows hard drives how the fuck you gonna play your games when you leave? How you gonna play the new Zelda when you gotta poop? The dock has no wifi
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    I was really stoked to see how gorgeous Breath of the Wild was but the recent gameplay was surprisingly disappointing as much as I don't want to admit it. The Switch just doesn't seem to have the juice to do it enough justice. I kind of expected it but that trailer was just SO damn good. But the game itself is lacking AA/AF like crazy and grass only appears very near to you. I'm hoping the Switch is easily emulated like the Wii was so in 5 years PC hardware can really do this game justice. It also looks a lot more washed out than the trailer but that's not the hardware's fault. Still excited even though I can't justify spending so much just for Zelda. If the Switch turns out great, I'll still look past the weak hardware and consider getting one in the future. But I definitely thought it might be a bit more of an improvement than I've seen so far in live gameplay. I didn't expect to see stuff being rendered 10 ft. in front of you and that sort of thing.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Speaking of SD cards.....if you are planning on getting one for the Switch, get a class 10 one. Anything less might be too slow and will result in stutters and very long loading time.

Class 10 sd cards are SanDisk Ultra and Samsung Evo. SanDisk Extreme and Samsung Evo+/select are better class 10's.

Stay away from the 256GB cards, they are a lot more expensive than the 200GB cards for w/e reason.
    Last edited by wombinator04; 2017-01-18 at 03:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

I think a 128gb Internal storage would have been fine for how much smaller Switches games look.