Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nicola87 View Post
    So yesterday we had a discussion in my guild on the direction taken by the AP system and i wanna report some thoughts...

Basically half of my guild members are already sitting with 54 AP and the amount of it stored in the main weapon increased every day.

A player who completes dailies and some m+ (2 hours every day?) At ak 25 takes like 2m Ap..that means likes 360m Ap in 6 months...

After that if blizz is right we would have the 7.2..at that point new traits will be unlocked and the majority of players will unlocks them all in one blow...

Now if we look at Gregor,a casual player with 7 hours of wow per week we will see how the gap in ap will be enormous...

Thats because Gregor has 38 artifact trait atm in his weapon...

Gregor will unlock his final 54s trait after months of farming..maybe when the 7.2 will land..

What blizzard can do? Raise the ap required for a single trait? Thats is impossible..the poor Gregor could nt unlock anithing in 7.2
    Stop the catch up of ap? Immediatly half of the players would leave wow.

Basically the only solution we have thought is a sort of "cap" for ap gained every day..

What do you think guys?
    Oh give it a fucking rest already. There is no problem here except in the minds of people who lack self control.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cuppy View Post
    I really cannot understand how Blizzard, a company with thousands workers making millions in revenue - cannot see these problems beforehand.
    How is it even possible? Who the hell does their math when they create this chaos?
    It is almost as if game design is subjective or something. There is nothing objectively wrong with any of this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nogahn View Post
    personally I believe that the blizz devs are really protective hen it comes to thier own ideas.
    For example hunters have told them since alpha that MM has an aweful design but they choose to ignore it. (same goes for legendaries - like the magre bracers for example)

The devs choose to ignore this and hold onto their miserable design. I feel like the devs feel like artist. If you tell them their "art" is aweful then you simply do not understand it.

also I feel like the devs maingoal was to make us play the game as much as we can so we won't ever feel bored and cancel our sub.
    People are allowed to have their own opinions even game developers. The only people butthurt about not being agreed with are people like you.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok. And?
    Even tho 9 out of 10 enjoy gangrape, does it make it ok?
    Seriously?

Your friend Gregor will have about +15% damage instead of +20%. It's less than 5% more damage gain for him to put the rest in. I'm sure that provided he is a competant, responsible player and knows his class, he will still be competative on your tables. Player skill is a much higher dps increase than those few points you are fussing over. The only ones making a problem in such a situation is the raiders and people worrying about it - not the designers.
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I think it is at the bolded part where your theory is off. In fact I think players like "Gregor" are the "majority"
    I agree. I'm not subbed at the moment, AGAIN. I won't feel "behind" at all when I come back (sometime this week), I think the only people that will feel behind are those that switched mains.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    It is almost as if game design is subjective or something. There is nothing objectively wrong with any of this.
    I strongly feel game design IS subjective.
    Objectively, 624624 tokens is a bad design, if you could have just 1.
    Seriously?
    Quite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

I disagree with this being a problem at all.

Yes, if you are actually part of the cut-throat 2 % in this game's population who go FAR beyond this being a hobby, you might already be capped on 3 different weapons. But if the other 98 % of the player base still have something to work towards, the system was a success in my book.

I would not consider myself to be a casual, because since the release of Legion I've accumulated a whopping 28 days amount of ./played, which is about 1/5 of the total time passed since the launch. I raid twice a week, I finished M+15 in time, I have a few alts, but I'm not even close to having a maxed out weapon. And I figure if someone like me, who - apart from playing WoW - barely does much else except for work, spending time with the SO and the occasional movie at the cinemas, is so far away from being maxed out, the system worked precisely as it should. I have a lot of progress to look forward to during Nighthold and even if I max out my main weapon, I still have two more weapons and a few alts to go.

I'm sorry, but running 1400+ mythic+ dungeons over a time of 5 months is NOT something that has to be prevented by changing the system, because this honestly obnoxious behaviour just comes down to people being absolute freaks. There's nothing wrong with that imo, but there's no denying that there will always be a handful of people who just go far beyond what's reasonable. And you can never, EVER prevent that.

It is pretty simple, if your weapon is maxed out you have THE BEST weapon in the game.
    Only people who play alot deserve to have the best weapon in the game.
    Casuals have NEVER been able to obtain the most powerful items in the game earlier either, because they didnt do any Mythic raiding.
    In Legion they have the best posibility ever to get the best weapon in the game, but they still need to invest alot of time to get it.

I dont really see how this is a problem?
    However, I do agree that the AK-system is pretty bad. The time-gating is just too much and not needed.
    And they could also have made the different specs to share AP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickyick79 View Post
    The solution is simple. They'll just release a new currency in 7.2, and the current AP tokens won't work past 54 traits. So all those AP tokens you've been storing will be for nothing.
    This. /10char

basically it boils down to this one hard truth...anyone whos actually complaining about having all their weapons maxxed and nothing to do with ap (stupidly small number of people as is) need to go do something with their life besides sit on a computer 24/7
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

People are allowed to have their own opinions even game developers. The only people butthurt about not being agreed with are people like you.

so most hunters are wrong when we told them sine alpha/early beta that the mm playstyle isn't enjoyable and they are right to stick with their unpopulat ideas?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    or put points on your alt weapons....?
    That's not exactly the same as saving them..

Deleted
    Why are people hoarding so many?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    Ap is the wrost thing ever implemented in Wow, end of story.
    Ever? Of all the things they added since 2004?

People should stop over use the word "ever".

Quote Originally Posted by Eremal View Post
    As someone who went afk from wow shortly after I hit AK6. I can tell you that the current way AK works is complete BS.

Jumping back in for 7.1.5 I am now at AK16, (AK17 will be reached tomorrow), I have completed all the main questlines that reward AP, and I still dont even have 3 major traits (I will hit it at rank 30, currently 28). After that I still need 5 more ranks before I hit 35 and the 5% dmg boost. It will need some pretty intensive farming. Even if I moved into MoS, I will not be able to get it before Nighthold that drops tomorrow. This is all because of the timegating that AK has. By all means thanks for the "free" 15 AK levels, but still having 3 days research time for each level is waaaaay to much. When the multiplier increases so fast, the time to research lower AK levels should decrease at the same rate.

With the AK compendiums that got introduced, a AK25 player can level an alt to 110 today, get the AK20 compendium, and beat my AP progress simply by doing the same quests I have already completed, and no matter how much effort I put into the game, there is no way for me to counteract this. If i was to farm MoS for AP, the alt could do the same, and increase the AP gap even more.

And this is all on top of the massive power-level boost that comes from having higher ilvl gear. Being at ilvl 866 (after increasing it from 855), even if I perform perfectly, an 880+ player will beat my DPS with ease by mashing his head into the keyboard.

Mind you I havent been able to do any raids outside the raidfinder because I dont have the ilvl nor the achis to get in a grp without leading it myself. I was hoping that a week of intensive playing might be able to get my character to a point where I would be able to do some NM NH but I really doubt there will be a chance. Theres just too much of a time-gated gap keeping my toon from matching the potential of even the alts of players who are regular players and not on-off like me.

Now dont get me wrong, I love this game, I really do. Thats the whole reason this stuff frustrates me. But as an on/off player - that for the most part keeps an active subscription even when Im not playing - this sort of game design is very disheartening.

I feel like I have to casually play this game for a month before I can compete with even casual players..

Guess I gotta lead some pugs again. Who wants to sign up to carry?
    Let me get this straight.. You are complaining that someone who has played since Legion came out is going to do better DPS than you and that you can't catch up to him in a week? This is a stupid point. MMO's reward players that continually play. This is coming from someone that hasn't really played since November since my gaming computer died and troubleshooting/ warranty process took forever.

Sure you can say that. I blame the pink tea kettle (invisible) who created us, and made DH's so OP.
    Way to turn an argument into a joke, quality discussion.

But about the problem. While it remains a problem, I mentioned earlier that it's more of a "problem". Hope everyone gets the difference.
    No. There either is a problem, or there isnt. Splitting a definition of problem into layers serves only as an excuse to whine about something that doesnt exist. You would do wise to read my first comment in this thread, which explains why there isnt a problem at all.
    And the only difference there is are the " " " (lol) marks.

And the chaos is not only in my head, I saw a picture in this very thread about the chaos.
    Chaos of 624 AP tokens. So I'll repeat my question, who did the math?
    Countering shit like that:
    1. Make it stackable
    2. Make it a currency
    3. Make it storable (as in honor f.e. When you use a honor item, the honor goes to your honor bar)
    I dont remember people calling Blizz on math when there was no tabard/mount/toy box/transmog sets and bags were full. You probably didnt play back then so what can you know (judging it solely on the fact you think there is a problem - the game faced many more and serious problems back then).

Then again, mmo-champion is known for being whiners' circlejerking breeding room lately, so no point in wasting my time using logic I guess...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nicola87 View Post
    So yesterday we had a discussion in my guild on the direction taken by the AP system and i wanna report some thoughts...

Basically half of my guild members are already sitting with 54 AP and the amount of it stored in the main weapon increased every day.

A player who completes dailies and some m+ (2 hours every day?) At ak 25 takes like 2m Ap..that means likes 360m Ap in 6 months...

After that if blizz is right we would have the 7.2..at that point new traits will be unlocked and the majority of players will unlocks them all in one blow...

Now if we look at Gregor,a casual player with 7 hours of wow per week we will see how the gap in ap will be enormous...

Thats because Gregor has 38 artifact trait atm in his weapon...

Gregor will unlock his final 54s trait after months of farming..maybe when the 7.2 will land..

What blizzard can do? Raise the ap required for a single trait? Thats is impossible..the poor Gregor could nt unlock anithing in 7.2
    Stop the catch up of ap? Immediatly half of the players would leave wow.

Basically the only solution we have thought is a sort of "cap" for ap gained every day..

What do you think guys?
    That's Greg's problem. If you're super casual, you don't need the weapon unlocked.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

They could just increase the 20 point talent to 50 or 100. After 20 points it drops from 0.5% to 0.1%, after 50 points it drops to 0.05% per point. Then after 20 points they should make it increase the cost by 10-15% rather than 5% per point. Very minimal difference after 20 points at a considerably increased cost, but makes sure there is something to do with AP always.
    Last edited by tuesday the paladin; 2017-01-18 at 12:17 AM.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    Still a far cry from the 300-million figure the OP tried to push.

- - - Updated - - -

No. it caps out after you hit the AP required for 54.
    You can save the tokens in your bank until you run out of bag space. That's it.
    Strange, other players in these forums suggest that you shouldnt acquire the last trait to just store AP in your weapon indefinitely.

I'm just hoping by the end of the expansion AK goes up to 100, or more.

So leave. This isn't the place to leave feedback and nothing is going to change anyway. Just quit now and shut up.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I've farmed AP pretty hard and I am at rank 44/34/20 for my 3 weapons. going to take til at least march/april for me to max out all my weapons, and thats being generous. that being said I don't run mythic+ every day so my ap gain would be less than people who do but I still farm more than most. almost everyone should have at least one maxed out weapon before 7.2
    NO, you didn't "pretty hard". There's more "pretty hard" than you and the topic concerns them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    So leave. This isn't the place to leave feedback and nothing is going to change anyway. Just quit now and shut up.
    Really? Fan site forum isn't the place to leave feedback? what's its purpose then? Arguments and trolling?