10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I don't like Mike Tomlin, but hearing him call the Patriots assholes makes me hate him a little less.
    Having watched Tomlin from afar, I'm pretty sure he calls everyone assholes, not just the Patriots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Considering how much he gets hit, lucky that is all he has.

Was Sherman noticeably injured? Plenty of players have played with their ACL not even attached, no idea of MCL would be the same way.

I never have understood what the point of injury reports was supposed to be other than for Vegas reasons. Teams have screwed around with them since they became a thing.
    I honestly don't know about Sherman. There was a nasty collision he had in I think the same Carolina game where Earl got hurt. I guess the way to look is to see if his holding/PI penalties increased later in the season. Playing with a MCL injury wont screw you up long term like playing on a torn ACL. MCLs will heal on their own too. Playing on an ACL injury will seriously screw up your knee long term.

Some other things to close out the Seahawks season:

Deshawn Shead tore his ACL "and other things". Its a big injury and Carroll does not expect him till mid next season. Russell Wilson will not need any surgeries. Just rest. Expects Earl Thomas and Lockett back at the start of the season.

Does not sound like the Seahawks will be making any big moves on the o line, rather banking on consistency.

Seahawks should have over 30m in cap room next season. Doesn't sound like they are even offering Luke Willson anything, so expect a Jimmy Graham extension at some point. Nothing really on Hauschka other than Carroll saying he just got in a rut after the Arizona game. Carroll went short of saying Jeremy Lane was bad this season.

Carroll stated that one thing he regrets about this season is letting the outburst go on. Said it became a distraction. Kam eluded to that after the Atlanta game that when you start fighting, you show the other team you already lost. Which I 100% agree with.

And the most interesting stat I've seen, Russell Wilson's time to throw was 2nd fastest in the league in late October. Was still pressured on 40% of drop backs.

I don't like Mike Tomlin, but hearing him call the Patriots assholes makes me hate him a little less.
    I figured the video was a lot worse than calling the Patriots assholes by the way the media was hyping it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Having watched Tomlin from afar, I'm pretty sure he calls everyone assholes, not just the Patriots.
    Then we have even more in common.

7+ Year Old Account
    Considering how much he(Andrew Luck) gets hit, lucky that is all he has.
    Holy shit, I knew he had been taking a beating but according to http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/stats/_...anapolis-colts - 41 sacks? Jesus. Am I reading that wrong?

What a waste of a solid quarterback: meaning building a good solid o-line for protection.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Holy shit, I knew he had been taking a beating but according to http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/stats/_...anapolis-colts - 41 sacks? Jesus. Am I reading that wrong?

What a waste of a solid quarterback: meaning building a good solid o-line for protection.
    He only got knocked out of one game instead of half the season, so there's improvement. But really, if they couldn't build a decent team around him while he was on his rookie deal, what chance is there now under his new ~$25mil annual deal?

10+ Year Old Account
    He only got knocked out of one game instead of half the season, so there's improvement. But really, if they couldn't build a decent team around him while he was on his rookie deal, what chance is there now under his new ~$25mil annual deal?
    Not with the crappy GM they have lol.

Tom Cable has taken himself out of the 9ers HC search... so yeah. Its that bad down there I suppose.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    The 9ers had a great coach that due to their own fuck ups forced out and have had 1 and done coaches the last 2 years. Who the hell wants to go to that kind of mess? Oh, and your QB situation isn't very pretty either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Belichick View Post
    The 9ers had a great coach that due to their own fuck ups forced out and have had 1 and done coaches the last 2 years. Who the hell wants to go to that kind of mess? Oh, and your QB situation isn't very pretty either.
    Kyle Shanahan apparently does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hoping for a Steelers v Falcons Superbowl!

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Kyle Shanahan apparently does.
    Ha, touche. Good luck to that man.

Btw, I predict a Falcons vs Pats Superbowl. As much as I want GB to win, I think Atlanta's offense edges them out. Of course as a homer I have to pick the Pats. I also just think they are going to win. Close game though, field goal type of feel to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Packers injury report is not good. I think every WR is on it besides Cobb.........
    Cobb and Trevor Davis, who is FAST, they should use him more often.

Adams and Allison looked okay last week despite getting a bit banged up, I fully expect both of them to play. With the WR position stretching thin, Ty Montgomery and Jared Cook might be the two guys who absolutely HAVE to put on a show in order for GB to have a shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I know they are eliminated and all and I should probably focus on the remaining 4 teams, but do you see any hope in the Seahawks being a threat in the next few years? Unless something changes, they seem like a team that can make the playoffs fairly consistently but get consistently eliminated once in as well. We need an O-line as well as depth in safety.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Early picks on Oline and replacing front 7 and late round picks on RBs until they get one who can stay healthy and the seahawks should be ok.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    So, I know they are eliminated and all and I should probably focus on the remaining 4 teams, but do you see any hope in the Seahawks being a threat in the next few years? Unless something changes, they seem like a team that can make the playoffs fairly consistently but get consistently eliminated once in as well. We need an O-line as well as depth in safety.
    They need like 2 CB, a big DT like Mebane was, backup FS, maybe another RB. I don't think they should waste picks in this draft for o line. Its a bad line draft, and the Seahawks have proven incapable of drafting talent there. Be better off perusing the "best" vet FA, pref a tackle... and a kicker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oops, Seahawks may be in hot water with the Sherman knee injury they never disclosed.

It's Shefter, reporting on what Mort apparently heard, so that's twice the usual amount of grain of salt, but still: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...44129513701376

10+ Year Old Account
    Fifteen years today since one of the greatest tragedies of the modern era.

Happy anniversary @xskarma!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oakland could lose all of its franchises within the next few years, the City's attitude has been terrible. Less actually doing something and more saying they want to/will do that never comes to fruition.

Cool, so the Broncos will have 10 home games after the Raiders move to Vegas instead of 9. Should be interesting to see how it goes, makes more sense than the Chargers to LA.

I'm actually surprised the A's have not moved yet either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool, so the Broncos will have 10 home games after the Raiders move to Vegas instead of 9. Should be interesting to see how it goes, makes more sense than the Chargers to LA.

I'm actually surprised the A's have not moved yet either.
    They're discussing it, also I doubt you're going to see Broncos take over in Vegas the way the Raiders did at Qualcomm. Fanbase sure but the Raider fans travel well.