Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Oh he didn't forget. I don't for a second believe Obama did this out the kindness of his heart. This is purely a play to discredit Assange and it'll work.
    HAHAHAHAHA God this is always a hilarious response.

>> Assange says he'll turn himself in if Obama extradites Manning
    >> Obama extradites Manning
    >> Assange fanboys blame Obama for Assange making stupid promises

The party of personal responsibility once again making sure that someone else will personally take responsibility for their mistakes.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Do remember that what Manning exposed was evidence of war crimes, and it's arguable that revealing criminal activity is a valid reason to break secret clearance: clearly it didn't work out for Chelsea - but secret clearance is meant to be for our protection, not an oath of Omerta that supercedes the rule of law.
    He didn't expose any wrong doings by the US. I know people point to the reporters getting shot, but they were in a combat zone with bullets flying, standing in the middle of a bunch of militia guys armed with rifles. The pilot requested permission to open fire from hundreds of meters away and since it was an active combat zone, he got the okay to open fire. It's a shame those reporters died but seriously what did they expect, it's like holding up sheets of roofing tin in a lightning storm, you can die.

That's it, nothing else incriminating for the US out of thousands of documents.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    You forgot the part about informing Americans that their 4th amendment rights were being violated on a daily basis...
    I didn't forget, I didn't think it needed to be pointed out. as I've said multiple times now Manning did that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Can't commute the sentence of someone who fled the country to avoid persecution. Have to go to trial first, then get sentenced, and only then can your sentence be commuted.
    Does fleeing make it so that he can never be commuted? So if he did come back, get sentenced etc...?

15+ Year Old Account
    Nobody blamed Obama for Assange making a dumb promise, they are saying that the move by Obama is a calculated response TO that dumb promise.
    If Assange's goal was to get Manning freed, he succeeded. If he was just being a contrarian dickhead to try and discredit Obama, then the phrase "turnabout is fair play" applies perfectly here. Either way, the QQ about Obama in this is glorious.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Does fleeing make it so that he can never be commuted? So if he did come back, get sentenced etc...?
    Yeah, Snowden should return to the US, turn himself in and get a commuted sentence.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    He also should commute Mr. Snowden.
    Snowden is an idiot. Blowing up his life to reveal something everybody should have realized anyways.

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    the largest leaker of US national secrets gets commuted because he wants a doc to rip apart his penis, turn it inside out and punch it back into his body and now cries he felt picked on in prison. Good job Obama.

15+ Year Old Account
    Personally I don't think he should turn himself in regardless, he was an idiot to offer to do so.

The US governments treatment of Chelsea is the perfect example of why. I wouldn't trust a word those fuckers told me if i was him. Obama was shit on whistleblowers, and Trump is going to be even worse most likely.
    I imagine a hole in the ground where surly men take turns raping you all day would be a desirable alternative to whatever Trump has in store for someone that reveals his administration's corruption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    /rubs temples

AGAIN, it was Manning that exposed the actually illegal NSA spying. Snowden did not, he gave away information that got people killed. innocent people.
    Please give me a least of people killed due to snowden whistleblowing.

She wasn't a whistle blower, whistle blowing requires knowledge of the wrong doing like you know someone isn't paying all their taxes. Chelsea just took all the classified documents she could get her hands on and gave them to Assange, who printed them verbatim for all to see. Documents she swore to protect.

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    You truly sound like a lovely person.
    I care not for those that harm my country.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Funny that she just happened to catch a war crime xD

Which war crime?

I love how the transgender part makes all the difference. Do you think anyone would care if he was a cis gendered male, heterosexual and attempted suicide? Obama will leave office having done nothing note worthy.
    I love the strawman argument that comes up, stating if you aren't for the commuted sentence then you're transphobic or don't support trans rights.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Killing journalists?
    You mean killing TERRORISTS! Thats evil commie traitor talk there..... *serious stare*

This is America, where you say nothing and drink to forget!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Killing journalists?

Friendly fire is a thing that happens in a war. Cite the actual law they broke.

whistleblowers shouldn't even get in trouble in the first place.

it's a good move by obama.

Well done Obama - now we see if Assange keeps his promise.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

mmmm i wonder if its because of the choices made....

the snowden guy should go gay too... maybe it will get lucky then

Quote Originally Posted by deklined View Post
    I love how the transgender part makes all the difference. Do you think anyone would care if he was a cis gendered male, heterosexual and attempted suicide? Obama will leave office having done nothing note worthy.
    I love the strawman argument that comes up, stating if you aren't for the commuted sentence then you're transphobic or don't support trans rights.
    If anything her being trans is nothing but an avenue to enact punishment on her in prison. She's had to fight tooth and nail for the basic care every mental health and medial organization in the country agrees is the ONLY care that works regarding gender dysphoria. We don't deny prisoners basic medical care, and it was exceedingly wrong to make her fight for these basics.

Not only that, but if this is a "trans thing" it's a pretty poor one for Obama. The community is fairly divided on Chelsea outside of the fact that she should receive care.