Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Raidbots - The Easiest Way to Use SimulationCraft

TL;DR

https://raidbots.com/ makes it super easy to use SimulationCraft for common tasks (comparing items, generating stat weights for Pawn)

What is this?

SimulationCraft is an amazing open source project for theorycrafting, gear planning, and more. However, it can be difficult to use and can often slow down your machine if simming and playing WoW at the same time.

For those reasons, I've spent the last couple months building Simbot and am relaunching Raidbots!

https://raidbots.com/

Caveats ahead! Raidbots is based entirely on SimulationCraft so results are only as good as support for your class/spec. If your spec isn't well supported, Raidbots will not be very useful. Check with your class Discord/forums/etc to determine if Raidbots is a good match for you or not.

Highlights

• Gear Compare lets you easily sim new pieces of gear. Great for figuring out if that item that just dropped is an upgrade before equipping it. Also useful for checking out different trinkets/legendaries/etc will affect your DPS.
    • Relic Compare is the easiest way to set up SimulationCraft to compare relics. No more digging around for bonus IDs or any of that jazz. Just enter the item name, item level, and go.
    • Stat Weights is a fast way to have SimulationCraft generate stat weights for your character. Stat weights are primarily useful as a quick in-game method to determine if an item is an upgrade or not. However, for many classes/specs the weights change regularly so Gear Compare is usually better in the long run.
    • Advanced mode is also available to help cover any edge cases for power users that want to run a simulation on Raidbots servers and save the report in your own list. Run anything within the 5 minute limit.
    • Use the Armory or paste in /simc output
    • Raidbots provides the raw SimC input so you can easily copy/paste the script into your local copy of SimC to avoid the queue or further configure the sim to your liking. This can be really nice for Gear Compare since Raidbots does some of the heavy lifting of determining item IDs, gem names, level, etc.
    • Stable and Nightly versions available. Nightly is updated every couple of days so you can always run the bleeding edge version in case the main release hasn't been updated in a while.

Future Roadmap

There's a ton more stuff I want to build, here are few features I hope to release in the coming months (not a promise, etc):

• Talent compare
    • Custom APLs
    • Best in Bag
    • Personal BiS Lists

Known Issues

• Healers are not supported in SimulationCraft at all right now and, thus, are not supported by Raidbots.
    • Tank support is very limited and is primarily included for completeness. This will be slightly better once Raidbots supports enemy choice but there are no dedicated SimC tank devs so take results with a very large grain of salt.

The End

Check it out, sim yourself, and let me know what you think!
    Last edited by seriallos; 2017-01-28 at 01:22 AM. Reason: Updated features
    Creator of Raidbots.com

Deleted
    Good job

Doesn't look too bad, would be helpful for new Simc users. I'm in my phone now but I'll have a more in depth look after work.

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodmagix View Post
    Doesn't look too bad, would be helpful for new Simc users. I'm in my phone now but I'll have a more in depth look after work.
    I've made the site work pretty decently on mobile, FWIW.

- - - Updated - - -

FYI, this is using a very recent SimC from last night which is pretty up-to-date with 7.1.5 changes. Very useful if you're getting new gear from Nighthold today.
    Creator of Raidbots.com

It may already exist and I may be blind, but will functionality becoming to compare relics on our weapons?

Other than that, simple and functional.

This is pretty cool, man.
    I can run Simc from my work computer! I dig it!
    Thanks for your efforts, brother!

15+ Year Old Account
    Now I don't have to decimate my work machine. Thank you.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Naibil View Post
    It may already exist and I may be blind, but will functionality becoming to compare relics on our weapons?

Other than that, simple and functional.
    At the moment, relics are my top priority for next big feature once I get some other grunt work out of the way.

Raidbots is now also using the new 7.1.5 SimC Release for both Stable and Nightly options. Nightly will get updated every day or two starting tomorrow.
    Creator of Raidbots.com

Why is there a queue time to get your results?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyButt View Post
    Why is there a queue time to get your results?
    Because he is running the simulations in a queue. Not sure how OPs setup is but only so many jobs can be ran at the same time, and in turn that means we have to wait for a job to finish before another starts. When you run it locally on your computer your device is doing the work and therefore there is not queue, now imagine a single device (or server farm possibly) that is getting hit from everyone on the website.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Gotcha.

Well, it's pretty slow. I've been waiting for 10 minutes now just to compare two different neck items and I'm still only queue 33 out of 38. Still a nice idea.
    Last edited by FrostyButt; 2017-01-18 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyButt View Post
    Gotcha.

Well, it's pretty slow. I've been waiting for 10 minutes now just to compare two different neck items and I'm still only queue 33 out of 38. Still a nice idea.
    Things are slowly catching up as I've spun up a couple more worker machines. The main problem is that I haven't yet set up autoscaling so I have to pick a number of servers before I go to sleep! Turns out there was more traffic than expected overnight which resulted in the big queue you're seeing now.

Over the past week or so, there generally been no wait time or it's been maybe a couple of minutes.
    Creator of Raidbots.com

Deleted
    Is this Beotorch with more fancy adjectives in the AD?

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    Is this Beotorch with more fancy adjectives in the AD?
    It's absolutely the same concept (build a web UI for SimC and run the simulation on somebody else's computer). I started building it the month or so gap between when Beotorch shut down and re-opened.

I think at the moment, I'd say the biggest difference is that I've focused more on a simple interface to common use cases rather than providing a more full featured/advanced UI. You can generate stat weights on either site, you have a bit more control over various options on Beotorch (though I will likely add more options as time goes on). Something like Gear Compare using SimC is currently unique to Raidbots but I wouldn't be surprised if other folks implement something similar.

- - - Updated - - -

Fixed some bugs related to cloaks in Gear Compare.

I'm also working on keeping queue times lower while I'm asleep.

Questions for folks that use SimC - what are the most common things you do with it? I'm trying to figure out what features I should prioritize next. Relic Compare is likely on top of my list but I'm curious to know if there are other workflows that would be nice to have on the site.
    Creator of Raidbots.com

Pawn strings now include class/spec information so that they show the right icons in-game when using the newest version of the Pawn addon.

You can now change the item level of legendaries to make it easy to determine which of your 910s you should upgrade first (assuming you have two or more!)
    Creator of Raidbots.com

I've added a beta version of Relic Compare to help identify relic upgrades that you come across. Hopefully I'll be able to improve the UI so that you can choose based on ability modified rather than the exact relic item itself, but this is a good start.

https://raidbots.com/simbot/relic
    Creator of Raidbots.com

I'm really liking your site. The mobile interface is nice and easy to use, allowing me to get some things done on work breaks and get it send to my email.

Also your an active user both on here and in your Discord which is really helpful to people and greatly appreciated.

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodmagix View Post
    I'm really liking your site. The mobile interface is nice and easy to use, allowing me to get some things done on work breaks and get it send to my email.

Also your an active user both on here and in your Discord which is really helpful to people and greatly appreciated.
    Thanks! My overriding goal is to make SimC easier to use and it seems like folks are generally liking the project.

Also, in other news, DKs are now handled properly with relic compare. I wasn't handling weapon enchants properly which are pretty critical for DKs...
    Creator of Raidbots.com

Added a beta version of "advanced" input that lets you (nearly) any simc script. 5 minute time limit still applies (higher time limit for some patrons).

https://raidbots.com/simbot/advanced

Also a friendly reminder that you can use either the stable version of simc (7.1.5 release 1) or a nightly that is updated every couple of days. The SimC devs stay pretty up-to-date with hotfixes so the nightly will almost always be closer to the state of things though there is a higher chance of running into bugs.
    Creator of Raidbots.com