Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    "harassed"

i've seen being asked to go get a coffee considered harassment
    It's only harrassment if you're ugly. Else you're a romantic.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

10+ Year Old Account
    My two cents. In order to claim harassment, it has to be repeated from the same source.

If I cat called you last week, and never did it again, I did not harass you. If I cat called you last week, and again today, you can consider that harassment as it happened more than one time.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    I just tell them HEY NICE TITS or DAMM NICE ASS BABY but thats it. But i mean they're dressed in a way that forces me to say that to them. If they didn't want me to tell them that, they wouldn't be dressed that way.. Anyways, I dont take it to the extreme and cat call them over and over again such as other men do. What kind of sick twisted pervert sits there and cat calls them repeatedly. Once is enough. SMH.
    It forces you to harass them? Hahaha good luck with that defense in court son.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    But i mean they're dressed in a way that forces me to say that to them.
    Hastag: Rape Culture.

Not sure if you were being serious here or not, but yeah...
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I like your new avatar, Tennis. Asuna is a strong independent woman and a prime example for young ladies.
    He's not even trying anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    So victims of harassment have no authority on what is harassment to them. Got it.
    No, they do not. It is clearly defined by the law and for good reasons. If you let people themselves decide these things you end up with a purely subjective outcome where basically anything might constitute harassment would land people in jail solely because the person in question FELT like they were harassed.

Also, this is the worst group to hold a survey with. It's like holding a survey asking people whether they were addicted to alcohol at some point in their life, seeking out avenues where alcoholics meet to get your sample group or specifically seeking out alcoholics/ex alcoholics. Then declaring an alcohol addiction pandemic based on your results. It is dishonest from the get go and it's basically what is happening here. The women who tend to respond to these kind of surveys and studies are usually those who have a vested interest in them which ranges from ideologues to genuine victims driving their numbers in the group of people asked through the roof. Something the people doing these studies are banking on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop kirsten!
    Last edited by Rad1um; 2017-08-23 at 06:55 AM.

I knew who wrote this thread after reading the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Cmon man. There are kids browsing the website and this is what you're posting.
    Not to mention the article is about women in general not any singular one.
    Does the female form offend you?

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Uh noo. We're humans not savage animals in the wild.
    Actually the savage animal can probably claim the high ground when compared to the evils the human race does to itself on a daily basis.

So victims of harassment have no authority on what is harassment to them. Got it.
    Harassment shouldn't vary from person to person. If you want to pass subjective laws, good luck enacting them and have fun with the slippery slope.

Being catcalled isn't a form of harassment, and if you think it is, you're devaluing the times when actual harassment happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Does the female form offend you?
    What? This is a family friendly forum is it not?

Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    Harassment shouldn't vary from person to person. If you want to pass subjective laws, good luck enacting them and have fun with the slippery slope.

Being catcalled isn't a form of harassment, and if you think it is, you're devaluing the times when actual harassment happens.
    Too bad harassment is largely subjective in the law as well as definition. It's based on how the victim feels. One person might like something and it not be harassment, another might not and it is. Bam. Get out of here please.

Also acting like catcalling isn't harassment and that it devalues others is a hilariously childish view. Just because there are worse offenses doesn't mean that this offense isn't also an offense. Punching someone twice is assault. Punching them 30 times is worse, but still assault.
    Last edited by Torgent; 2017-01-17 at 11:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its ok... When the UK has Sharia law, these women won't be allowed outside so they won't have to worry about it anymore.

Too bad harassment is largely subjective in the law as well as definition. It's based on how the victim feels. One person might like something and it not be harassment, another might not and it is. Bam. Get out of here please.

Also acting like catcalling isn't harassment and that it devalues others is a hilariously childish view. Just because there are worse offenses doesn't mean that this offense isn't also an offense. Punching someone twice is assault. Punching them 30 times is worse, but still assault.
    Maybe not to you, but subjective laws are horrible. Harassment laws apply more in the workplace than outside, and they certainly don't include cat calling. Punching someone twice is assault but 30 times is beating the shit out of them and more than assault.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daws View Post
    Actually the savage animal can probably claim the high ground when compared to the evils the human race does to itself on a daily basis.
    Most of the human race is generally very superior to animals.

Stop harassing me.

Oh, whats that? Thats not a reasonable thing to call harassment? Well neither is speaking to someone in a calm manner in the form of a greeting. So yeah, when people suggest that say "Hey there" to a fellow runner is harassment, well .. you know.. some things here are suspect to scrutiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Stop harassing me.

Oh, whats that? Thats not a reasonable thing to call harassment? Well neither is speaking to someone in a calm manner in the form of a greeting. So yeah, when people suggest that say "Hey there" to a fellow runner is harassment, well .. you know.. some things here are suspect to scrutiny.
    Continue with your strawman. It's really funny, even your strawman is close to beating your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    wow i was right when i thought this thread reeked of tennisance.
    At this point, I already know which threads are theirs before I even open them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    At this point, I already know which threads are theirs before I even open them.

Not true. I've seen people assume it to be thread only to be wrong.