Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Removing LFR would be the death-blow of WoW at this point.

Removing Flying did a significant hit to people in WoD, which is why they're adding it back in 7.2 rather than waiting for a full expansion cycle.

Truthfully I wont be surprised if next expansion, flying returns at launch as it always has.

But as for LFR, heres the thing.

Its not a case of people being lazy alone, its a case of people being burned out. Hardcore raiders will always raid no matter what but "ALOT" of wow players are flat out DONE with raiding as a form of end game, its so fucking stale at this point it might aswell not exist.

Its very naieve to ever say that a large majority of people still raid, still enjoy raiding as honestly, the only 'reason' thats the case is because its literally the 'only' end game there is aside from mythic+ dungeon runs.

Which basically limits your options, significantly.

If anything, an increase to LFG/LFR would work better than nullifying it. The worst thing blizzard could do to a community of anti-social people at this point is try to 'force' social interaction on them, which would create more problems than answers.

When the community is already toxic, demanding impossible gear scores from people that have tried hard or farmed months to get very little gear progression it becomes clear this games bias will eventually destroy it.

Remove LFR, and you might aswell remove Mythic and make Heroic the Mythic difficulty it was meant to be in the first place, aswell as turn Normal into a kiddies playground because thats the *Only* way you could make removing LFR logical.

PS:

Im -not- defending the existance of LFR, but the damage has been done, removing it would be the final nail in wow's already declining coffin.

Dont give people even more excuses to hate the game.

a question to all those who say that lfr heroes should "step up their game": would you take along a "lfr-hero" even if he tried to step up into normal despite his average gear/performance?

there are people who cannot commit to a regular raiding time, so their only option is pugs or the once-in-a-lifetime case of a guild that matches their unusual raid times.
    as they cannot make the dreamguild apear out of thin air, pugging is their only option for "real" raiding.

let's assume the raider in question is playing alone (no RL friends playing with him) and has average skill. he now has to find a pug that takes him along.
    let's say he had average luck with world quests and hero dungeons, having around 855 ilvl and any 1 legendary.

how high do you think are his chances to get invited (and not kicked later) even if he does 100-200k dps less than 1 of the dozens of 870-880 people flooding the group finder? not likely.
    would be great if someone could sim 50th percentile (average skill) for 855 with 1 legendary, if possible neither BiS nor worst legendary. i am not really good with SimCraft

depending on class i would gues that's around 200k ±50k. so you do a normal raid pug and see a dude doing 150-250k, maybe failing a mechanic or 2.
    going by the tone of these forums, that guy would be kicked right away.

TL;DR: stepping up can be as easy or as difficult as the community wants it to be
    related topic:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ined-in-mythic

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Unfortunately, LFR warriors don't get invited to Normal pugs who ask 860+ gear and AoC.
    Nor do they take any responsibility and make their own groups and set their own entry requirements apparently.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Narzok View Post
    a question to all those who say that lfr heroes should "step up their game": would you take along a "lfr-hero" even if he tried to step up into normal despite his average gear/performance?

there are people who cannot commit to a regular raiding time, so their only option is pugs or the once-in-a-lifetime case of a guild that matches their unusual raid times.
    as they cannot make the dreamguild apear out of thin air, pugging is their only option for "real" raiding.

let's assume the raider in question is playing alone (no RL friends playing with him) and has average skill. he now has to find a pug that takes him along.
    let's say he had average luck with world quests and hero dungeons, having around 855 ilvl and any 1 legendary.

how high do you think are his chances to get invited (and not kicked later) even if he does 100-200k dps less than 1 of the dozens of 870-880 people flooding the group finder? not likely.
    would be great if someone could sim 50th percentile (average skill) for 855 with 1 legendary, if possible neither BiS nor worst legendary. i am not really good with SimCraft

depending on class i would gues that's around 200k ±50k. so you do a normal raid pug and see a dude doing 150-250k, maybe failing a mechanic or 2.
    going by the tone of these forums, that guy would be kicked right away.

TL;DR: stepping up can be as easy or as difficult as the community wants it to be
    related topic:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ined-in-mythic
    Of course they would be kicked by most normal people of bosses can't be killed. You're trying to make it sound like it's a bad thing that players want to kill bosses and removing problems that make that not possible. Do I feel bad for the person who has bad luck and having issues with upgrading their gear? Sure, but how do we know that's the case and it's just not someone who dinged 110 and then bought all crafted gear or who just hasn't been lazy and put much time in gearing up? Why try to make people feel bad or make people out to be bad people for wanting to progress? I've never had a pug where someone got kicked for low damage if a boss dies, and even thought that's personal experience, it's one that holds true. Very few pugs will care what someone's damage is except for a boss not dead or to just laugh at.

making people wait all the way till march 7th is too fucking long.

i can understand a normal week or two gate, but this is ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tyrs ankle View Post
    That's not what they said at all, your reading comprehension is just as bad as you are.
    people like this are the problem with this game, and the world in general.

i swear, the world would have benefited more from some peoples mothers swallowing than it has from their birth.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Of course they would be kicked by most normal people of bosses can't be killed. You're trying to make it sound like it's a bad thing that players want to kill bosses and removing problems that make that not possible. Do I feel bad for the person who has bad luck and having issues with upgrading their gear? Sure, but how do we know that's the case and it's just not someone who dinged 110 and then bought all crafted gear or who just hasn't been lazy and put much time in gearing up? Why try to make people feel bad or make people out to be bad people for wanting to progress? I've never had a pug where someone got kicked for low damage if a boss dies, and even thought that's personal experience, it's one that holds true. Very few pugs will care what someone's damage is except for a boss not dead or to just laugh at.
    i certainly agree that wanting to kill stuff is the reason for doing the raid in the first place. and you are right, we cannot know how he got his gear and how much interest and work he puts in his char.

the problem i see all to often in the forums is the "wanting to kill" changes to "wanting to kill as fast as humanly possible". and i did see a couple of pugs where underperforming people got kicked even if the reason for the wipe had nothing to do with them.

i have no answer to the problem of wanting to have a smooth run VS new people joining pugs aside from giving people a 2nd chance.

Tennis was cleared 100s of years ago.

Monopoly was cleared a 100 years ago.

Seems it is time to remove Tennis and Monopoly...

All will be fine ...

Be rational.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Like the title says Nighthold is cleared day 1 and yet Mythic/LFR still gets gated release dates. why?

There is no reason for ether of these modes to have a gated release date, Even more so LFR having a gated release date that takes nearly 2 months.

With how broken gearing is in Legion there is guilds who can step into Mythic this week.

Its a system that needs to be changed. Casual players who only do LFR shouldn't have to wait a extra nearly 2 months and Hardcore players shouldn't have to wait a extra week.
    Aren't you a casual LFR raider? Is that why you're upset?
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzinblack View Post
    I don't know what the hell you're complaining for, there's no chance of you doing NH mythic. And LFR shouldn't even exist.
    He's probably mad about the lfr part lol

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I've never had a normal pug ask for AoC.

Also there is nothing stopping the LFR warrior from starting his own group. Hell he can even recruit higher iLevel people for all I care.
    Also there is higher ilvl gear available outside of raids. This is only an issue for those who limit themselves as LFR or die players.

The first wing of LFR is already opening up next week which is shorter than it was for years. The wings are being stretched though. I do not see what the issue is with Mythic raiders waiting a week like usual and very few have complained except OP.
    Last edited by Greenmagoo; 2017-01-18 at 03:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamfix View Post
    99% of players won't be clearing heroic Nighthold today. There is no problem.
    You can change that 99% to 100%. After the "first" 5 bosses people are not having a good time.

the one week wait is to watch for any odvious massive bugs or exploits, plus it gives players some time to get soem gear and practice the fights before the mythic race

also "omfg people are clearing the lowest fucking difuclty in 1 night holy shit its end of the world"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    N O R M A L . Enough said. Heroic maybe even tonight too if they care. But really, that doesn't matter. Nor should it impact your life. Mythic WON'T be done in a day. 10-14 days is my guess?
    I have a feeling it will take months.

Also, aren't people clearing LFR in day 1?
    Last edited by Vargur; 2017-01-18 at 03:25 AM.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Normal/heroic is released a week earlier just so that mythic guilds can farm gear. Imagine if gear was hard to come by. One of the reasons why Vanilla bosses took forever to clear.

Like the title says Nighthold is cleared day 1 and yet Mythic/LFR still gets gated release dates. why?

There is no reason for ether of these modes to have a gated release date, Even more so LFR having a gated release date that takes nearly 2 months.

With how broken gearing is in Legion there is guilds who can step into Mythic this week.

Its a system that needs to be changed. Casual players who only do LFR shouldn't have to wait a extra nearly 2 months and Hardcore players shouldn't have to wait a extra week.
    the reason why it is gated is cause back in firelands raid people who completed normal 7/7 they server transfer to a different realm and had there lockout reset and went straight into heroic and this was before normal and heroic had there own separate raid lockout

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    making people wait all the way till march 7th is too fucking long.

i can understand a normal week or two gate, but this is ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

people like this are the problem with this game, and the world in general.

i swear, the world would have benefited more from some peoples mothers swallowing than it has from their birth.
    It's not too long.. If anything, you should not be able to do a raid in LFR until the next tier is released.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Nor do they take any responsibility and make their own groups and set their own entry requirements apparently.
    Because not everyone is capable of leading raids. Let's be honest here out of the raiding community I'd guess 5-10% would make good raid leaders. This isn't an attack on the others but people have different talents, strengths and weaknesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Well they DID try with legion to give more to do outside of raiding, make WQ and dungeons "stay relevant" and so on.

The "official" reason Blizzard said for gating LFR was actually letting normal / heroic casual raiders feel accomplished they killed the last boss on normal / hc before the LFR folk "saw it". So if that's true, that's catering to casual playerbase that doesn't step into mythic and takes at least 1,5 month to clear their intended difficulty.

But one way or another it IS about stretching content. Why didn't they release TOV and Kara at start but later? Because they want to sprinkle content in small pinches so people would get a nudge "there's something new in the game, go check it out". If they release all stuff at once people just binge eat it and then whine about "content draught" "game being stale" and so on.
    I agree stuff like ToV and Kara I think makes sense to pepper throughout the expac. Have your main big stuff, then throw in some smaller side items to do. And maybe it is a measure of Net nanny to help players help themselves. Makes me think of that comedian who talked about having to Binge watch entire series on Netflix. Can't just watch 1 or 2 seasons, have to watch all 12 seasons in one sitting.

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    It's not too long.. If anything, you should not be able to do a raid in LFR until the next tier is released.
    this is another example of cancerous thought.

they should do a survey and then ban the people that think lowly of lfr. permanently banned.

need to go jack off on some private server or something if y'all hate it.

Is there anything that you won't complain about? Your reasoning can be countered with the old "Why should LFR people get to see everything straight away while a real raider like myself has to work for the kills". A non issue is a non issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro