Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Thumbs down Final nail in the coffin warlock pvp

For some time now I have been really depressed about playing the warlock .. The new affliction gave some really nice single target opportunities for pvp .. But its just not possible to pull off with how dispel works in the game.

I tried out destro without the instant immolate which is what I really enjoyed being able to cast and run, gave something to do while being trained every game. I went with Firestone which is extremely clunky because of the buff being on GCD unlike other buffs and being able to be spell stolen.

Now Blizzard just hammered randomly everything for every spec, even talents no one uses because they are so out of touch with the warlock community.

Warlock
    Affliction
    Curse of Shadows increases magical damage over time effects by 20% (was 30%).
    Death's Embrace increases Corruption, Unstable Affliction, and Agony damage by 50% (was 100%).
    Endless Affliction increases the duration of Unstable Affliction by 3 seconds (was 4).
    Rot and Decay now only increases the duration of the Unstable Affliction with the shortest remaining duration.
    Destruction
    Chaos Bolt deals normal damage in PvP situations (was an additional 10% damage).
    Focused Chaos now increases Chaos Bolt damage by 75% (was 100%).
    Firestone now grants an additional 75% Critical Strike (was 100%).

This pretty much kills anything in destro, affliction still will remain the same as before the patch, same boring shitty playstyle.

Atleast I got my gladiator title today after they fucked that up as well.

Gl to all of you out there!

So a total of 35% Chaos Bolt nerf for Focused Chaos builds..
    Now doing.. 350-500k? Unhavocable? Just after Shadowburn was ditched.
    And Rets remain completely unchanged??

Know what? It's OK. I'm over worrying about about the state of this class. I just.. I'm done.

Deleted
    actually fucking sad to see a 2.5 second CAST do less dmg than fucking melees autohits. This games PVP state is actually fucking retarded. Thank god i quit pvp in cata.

I dunno what class you've been playing but I still 3 shot people with Focused Chaos with CDs popped.

Affliction had it coming.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

Deleted
    I main destro lock and I'm currently 2.5 cr in 3s. I think locks are already strong and this is as far from a final nail as anything...

isn't this just a 5% nerf to chaos bolt?

Used to be 90%*2 now it's 100%*1,75 right?

Quote Originally Posted by zykaz View Post
    I main destro lock and I'm currently 2.5 cr in 3s. I think locks are already strong and this is as far from a final nail as anything...

They're talking about the Focused Chaos nerf from 100% down to 75%.

Now instead of 900k they hit for 700k. Not to mention they pump out 3-5 Chaos Bolts during burst, 1 every second, with tons of control to allow them to do this with little effort. But nah they're completely unplayable now. :^)
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

Quote Originally Posted by zykaz View Post

Used to be 1.1 * 2 = 2.2, now it's 1 * 1.75 = 1.75, 20% damage nerf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightbull View Post
    They're talking about the Focused Chaos nerf from 100% down to 75%.

Now instead of 900k they hit for 700k. Not to mention they pump out 3-5 Chaos Bolts during burst, 1 every second, with tons of control to allow them to do this with little effort. But nah they're completely unplayable now. :^)
    Oh I meant unplayable in any competitive enviroment. Random plebs like you can probably still go around and have fun with your 1-3 kills in bgs :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Nemlol View Post
    Oh I meant unplayable in any competitive enviroment. Random plebs like you can probably still go around and have fun with your 1-3 kills in bgs :-)
    The fact that they can still 3 shot means that they're good in a competitive environment with good team organization. :/

Deleted
    The fact that they can still 3 shot means that they're good in a competitive environment with good team organization. :/
    Except the scenario where a warlock casts 3 chaos bolt (which doesn't 3 shot but okay logic!) isn't relevant since 1 cooldown popped stops it, 1 interupt 1 stun.

Good team organization goes both ways

Except the scenario where a warlock casts 3 chaos bolt (which doesn't 3 shot but okay logic!) isn't relevant since 1 cooldown popped stops it, 1 interupt 1 stun.

Good team organization goes both ways
    Destro still has enough damage without CDs to force defensives.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimk View Post
    actually fucking sad to see a 2.5 second CAST do less dmg than fucking melees autohits. This games PVP state is actually fucking retarded. Thank god i quit pvp in cata.

Yeah right...maybe if you are playing naked otherwise even a lvl 100 chaosbolt deals more damage than any auto hit. Maybe youre the guy who thinks that BM pets burst comes from pet auto attacks instead of actual abilities?

- - - Updated - - -

No he is right. Of course you will only post this thread within the giant circle jerk echo chamber that is "class forums" so every warlocks agrees with you just like every DH loves to pretend they are "balanced" as long as they remain in their precious echo chamber called the DH class forum
    Last edited by mmocc90fcf6aa1; 2017-01-18 at 12:17 PM.

Deleted
    Tbh aff still feels fine, the gameplay just switched away from single target killdrains again - which was retarded anyway. UA burst windows with malefic grasp are still deadly as hell, multidoting is viable again and draining a target under 30% isn't an automatic death sentence anymore.

I enjoyed it, sure, but it was seriously out of line. With destro nerfs I do not agree, though. It was already arse to play against melee.

--- Update ---

Alright, seems I just was on a roll. It honestly feels wet-noodly now. Grr.
    Last edited by mmoc7f25e17046; 2017-01-18 at 04:26 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    Yeah right...maybe if you are playing naked otherwise even a lvl 100 chaosbolt deals more damage than any auto hit. Maybe youre the guy who thinks that BM pets burst comes from pet auto attacks instead of actual abilities?

- - - Updated - - -

No he is right. Of course you will only post this thread within the giant circle jerk echo chamber that is "class forums" so every warlocks agrees with you just like every DH loves to pretend they are "balanced" as long as they remain in their precious echo chamber called the DH class forum
    Unlike most people I actually have the experience and rating to disprove of "plebs" trying to know stuff

Seriously fucking done with this unbalanced pile of shit game. My chaos bolts are now hitting for 300-400k, Our hardest most iconic spell is hitting for 300-400k.

Deleted
    Unlike most people I actually have the experience and rating to disprove of "plebs" trying to know stuff

Given that any "pleb" can be 2K5 with a cheesy comp at any given time, and that being high rated is no proof that you won't talk out of your ass just to make your own class stronger, yeah I couldn't care less about your e-weenie

Deleted
    Given that any "pleb" can be 2K5 with a cheesy comp at any given time, and that being high rated is no proof that you won't talk out of your ass just to make your own class stronger, yeah I couldn't care less about your e-weenie
    go roll a warlock, spec destro and join an arena. Have fun getting absolutely buttraped by Instert melee here.
    And then if the stars align and u actually get to cast a chaosbolt enjoy your 400k krits.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vholu View Post
    Tbh aff still feels fine, the gameplay just switched away from single target killdrains again - which was retarded anyway. UA burst windows with malefic grasp are still deadly as hell, multidoting is viable again and draining a target under 30% isn't an automatic death sentence anymore.
    Haven't had time to play since the patch has went live, but every half decent pvp warlock I've seen has said MG is unpickable before any of the nerfs hit, let alone after, so I'm not sure how seriously I can take this.

I dunno what class you've been playing but I still 3 shot people with Focused Chaos with CDs popped.

Affliction had it coming.
    Not going to happen when you have any melee worth his/her salt on you.

Deleted
    Same like I couldnt care less about some opinion of a random battleground hero think he knows about viablity on a higher level than he is ever capable off.