Thread: Stealth Nerfs

Stealth Nerfs

AFF lock decimated in PVP huge nerf to rot and decay (unplayable) huge nerf to Deaths embrace (50%) and of course no communication on any of it = another lost subscriber

FotM reroller got his OP spec nerfed. Move along.

Also there was communication on it. They said they were making PvP changes along with the PvE hotfixes.
    Last edited by Lightbull; 2017-01-18 at 03:38 AM.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

"There's not a single spec in the game right now that is widely considered "the" most OP spec, and the fact that Blizzard was able to pull this off in the first few months makes Legion the most balanced expansion in history."

lol, Shadow Priest are OP since Legion start

Sorry guy been a lock since 2 weeks into vanilla you may be a fotm but I am a long time Warlock that is just sick of Blizzards no communication BS

Quote Originally Posted by Ammeritos View Post
    "There's not a single spec in the game right now that is widely considered "the" most OP spec, and the fact that Blizzard was able to pull this off in the first few months makes Legion the most balanced expansion in history."

lol, Shadow Priest are OP since Legion start
    They haven't been OP. Just strong. You never see people crying over Spriest like you do with FDK or Destro.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by erinthea View Post
    Sorry guy been a lock since 2 weeks into vanilla you may be a fotm but I am a long time Warlock that is just sick of Blizzards no communication BS
    Again, there was communication.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

There are going to be some pvp changes is not communication that's like a weatherman saying at some point it may rain

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlock
    Affliction
    Curse of Shadows increases magical damage over time effects by 20% (was 30%).
    Death's Embrace increases Corruption, Unstable Affliction, and Agony damage by 50% (was 100%).
    Endless Affliction increases the duration of Unstable Affliction by 3 seconds (was 4).
    Rot and Decay now only increases the duration of the Unstable Affliction with the shortest remaining duration.
    Destruction
    Chaos Bolt deals normal damage in PvP situations (was an additional 10% damage).
    Focused Chaos now increases Chaos Bolt damage by 75% (was 100%).
    Firestone now grants an additional 75% Critical Strike (was 100%).

All from the front page of MMO Champ.
    And you could have it all,
    my Empire of Dirt.
    I will let you down,
    I will make you Hurt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Besides, Rot and Decay was insane, refreshing all 5 UA's to full duration. Combined with Drain Soul's talent that reduces incoming damage from that target and MG, you could nuke someone into oblivion in a few short seconds.
    my Empire of Dirt.
    I will let you down,
    I will make you Hurt.

Is anyone at Blizzard playing a warlock, especially destro warlock?

I bet all my money that there isn't one person at this company playing this class and specc. Why?
    BECAUSE IT'S FCKED UP BEYOND RIDICULOUS.

So i have no durability, no suvivability, no moveability and the lowest damage output too. We have nothing to compensate the damage input of other players, our damage HAS to be significantly high, higher than others classes that have bubbles and all this OP things.

But no, we have just nothing!
    Even the passive healing of most classes compensates our damage, they DON'T have to deal with us, we were like these alterac rams at level 101, player don't have to take care for us, they just nuke warlocks and go on.

And that's has to be balanced for us? Having no chance at everything is fun?

Are you still on your vendetta for this warlock class dev who was fired beceause he was a better dev than you all united?

If you hate warlocks and no one plays one at your company, then delete this class, it would be a buff compared to his state right now...

10+ Year Old Account
    Durability? I lol'd. We're tankier than any other cloth class.

Survivability? Lock rocks, UR, and high mobility from Circle and Gates.

You're probably not playing warlock correctly.
    my Empire of Dirt.
    I will let you down,
    I will make you Hurt.

Sure Durability Suvivability and Mobility is high. I'm just telling the pala,dh and all other classes to wait please while i set up my circle and gate every 10 meters new and casting my 3 sec hardcast chaosbolt to see the enemys lifepool going from 100 to 95%. Seems legit...

Reported for trolling

I don't see the real issue here being the communication. They nerfed us and told us when they did it. I think the real frustration, that some may be reluctant to espouse due to the expected response of from non-locks being "LOL U WERE OP AS FK GET A LIFE NERD FOTM RETARD LOLOLOLOL," was that these nerfs were not merited. Nerfing Focused Chaos, again, is simply retarded. It's a higher tier talent and previously increased the damage of Chaos Bolt by 100%, but made it no longer affected by Havoc. They have now nerfed Chaos Bolt's effective damage for those who take this talent (Chaos Bolt literally has higher damage if you simply leave this talent blank), which is completely moronic. 200% as it was initially? Ludicrous. Nerf to 150%? Merited. 100%? Acceptable. 75%? Stupid. Coupled with an additional 10% nerf on Chaos Bolt's overall damage in PvP, here we see Blizzard again pressing a massive nerf button, to one ability, months into an expansion. It makes them look clueless, out-of-touch, and careless.

The Affliction nerfs aren't terrible, but being that CoS has a cooldown and a very lackluster effective time (dots take time to tick, making it affect only a few ticks overall), it seems unnecessary to nerf it. Malefic Grasp? I can get behind a 10% nerf; it makes sense.

The biggest issue here isn't really so much communication. It is with how out of touch the devs are with the state of the game. It should embarrass them. "Class balancing," in terms of hotfixes, changes, etc. has literally never been so abundant and unmerited. As someone who has played since early TBC, and mained Warlock since then as well (at Glad ratings), I feel development is more out of touch with each class than ever before. Due to my nature, this results in Legion actually appearing to me as one of the worst expansions ever, if not the worst. Stupidity and ignorance irk me endlessly, and as far as our devs go it has never been more apparent than now. Perhaps they have too many man hours devoted to developing new content and not enough devoted to classes and getting something right before loading us up with new shit, in true ADHD 2017 style, but whatever the problem is its glaring and more than off-putting at this point.

tl;dr - Communication is not as much of an issue as devs being wildly out-of-touch with the state of the game.
    Last edited by unbad; 2017-01-18 at 04:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jun View Post
    Besides, Rot and Decay was insane, refreshing all 5 UA's to full duration. Combined with Drain Soul's talent that reduces incoming damage from that target and MG, you could nuke someone into oblivion in a few short seconds.
    Except it was already nerfed to only add 1 second to dots duration per tic I agree the original rot and decay was completely broken (and yet warlocks were still not high rated in competitive pvp.)

The combined changes make Warlocks unplayable in PVP

Quote Originally Posted by Aiiitm View Post
    Is anyone at Blizzard playing a warlock, especially destro warlock?

I bet all my money that there isn't one person at this company playing this class and specc. Why?
    BECAUSE IT'S FCKED UP BEYOND RIDICULOUS.

So i have no durability, no suvivability, no moveability and the lowest damage output too. We have nothing to compensate the damage input of other players, our damage HAS to be significantly high, higher than others classes that have bubbles and all this OP things.

But no, we have just nothing!
    Even the passive healing of most classes compensates our damage, they DON'T have to deal with us, we were like these alterac rams at level 101, player don't have to take care for us, they just nuke warlocks and go on.

And that's has to be balanced for us? Having no chance at everything is fun?

Are you still on your vendetta for this warlock class dev who was fired beceause he was a better dev than you all united?

If you hate warlocks and no one plays one at your company, then delete this class, it would be a buff compared to his state right now...
    i was in a BG the other day both sides no healers, top healing done? 5 warlocks.

yeh man warlocks got super low survival, Kappa.

oh the MoP warlock dev? he got shot along with the WoD marksman hunter dev. i'm sorry you consider specs with endless survival, immunity, control, target swapping power, a ton of instants, mobility and insane dps = good design. that is only good design when every other spec in the game is made that way, when it's not thats called OVERPOWERED.

if you consider MoP warlock good design or MM hunter in WoD good design, then you like your class to be stronger than all others not equal.

Quote Originally Posted by erinthea View Post
    Except it was already nerfed to only add 1 second to dots duration per tic I agree the original rot and decay was completely broken (and yet warlocks were still not high rated in competitive pvp.)

The combined changes make Warlocks unplayable in PVP
    They were a little hard on affliction, the destro nerfs must be really low bracket arena and random bg tears.

Quote Originally Posted by unbad View Post
    I don't see the real issue here being the communication. They nerfed us and told us when they did it. I think the real frustration, that some may be reluctant to espouse due to the expected response of from non-locks being "LOL U WERE OP AS FK GET A LIFE NERD FOTM RETARD LOLOLOLOL," was that these nerfs were not merited. Nerfing Focused Chaos, again, is simply retarded. It's a higher tier talent and previously increased the damage of Chaos Bolt by 100%, but made it no longer affected by Havoc. They have now nerfed Chaos Bolt's effective damage for those who take this talent (Chaos Bolt literally has higher damage if you simply leave this talent blank), which is completely moronic. 200% as it was initially? Ludicrous. Nerf to 150%? Merited. 100%? Acceptable. 75%? Stupid. Coupled with an additional 10% nerf on Chaos Bolt's overall damage in PvP, here we see Blizzard again pressing a massive nerf button, to one ability, months into an expansion. It makes them look clueless, out-of-touch, and careless.
    We used to hit for 900k. Now we hit for 700k. Reminder that this is back to back during burst, on top of the insane control Warlock has at its disposal to pull this off. Fighting a Destro is all about not getting caught in the open and getting 1 shot.

Now we can still do immense damage during burst, but we can't just passively 1 shot all the time.
    Last edited by Lightbull; 2017-01-18 at 05:02 AM.

At 885, the highest hit I have achieved with CB was 660k with Harvest on an Affliction lock with no shield. Reminder, Aff locks are the lowest versatility class in the game. CB is about a 2.1sec cast. If you'll remember WotLK, CB always hit for a higher overall percentage of health than that, and was a much faster cast. CB can be played around more easily than most abilities in the game. We're catering to people who play on tablets at this point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    i was in a BG the other day both sides no healers, top healing done? 5 warlocks.

yeh man warlocks got super low survival, Kappa.
    I'm afraid most real pvp doesn't have 10+ target dummies to dot up, not that the overhealing is helping if you're ever being focused.

"""healing""" on BG meters is about as useful a metric of survivability as the druid that stands in fire on a raid encounter and paints himself in hots to win on meters.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbull View Post
    FotM reroller got his OP spec nerfed. Move along.

Also there was communication on it. They said they were making PvP changes along with the PvE hotfixes.
    OP? I play aff since beggining of legion and I don't see why it was op in s2. Meanwhile mongo melee damage of some specs completely untouched. Only FDK got hit.