Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Her family contributing 100's of millions of dollars(as per the nominee herself) to Republican's is just a coincidence.
    Something like 6 of the 10 Republicans on the committee have received money from her. Swamp draining at its finest.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Privatizing school is not a good idea.
    Private schools do not bother me. Some of the best schools in the nation are private schools. However, I don't think for profit school is a good idea. Especially at elementary, middle and high school levels.

All well and good for people to talk mad ass shit about her but the people in charge before her were pieces of shit too. US education is a fucking train wreck when you compare it to other top nations while also looking at how much we spend per student while also realizing what our damn GDP is.

Any cocksucker that utters the words "budget cuts to education", liberal or conservative and anything in between, needs to be kicked in the face with a golf shoe.
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

I mean every administration there are some nominees that are questionable. But to see someone this clearly unqualified for the position...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Private schools do not bother me. Some of the best schools in the nation are private schools. However, I don't think for profit school is a good idea. Especially at elementary, middle and high school levels.
    Private schools are for profit schools, and it doesn't seem her plans revolve around universities one bit. Her plans are entirely focused on propping up private schools (meaning elementary, middle, and high schools) with government money, instead of spending it on public schools.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean every administration there are some nominees that are questionable. But to see someone this clearly unqualified for the position...
    Is there anyone in this batch of recommendations that is qualified for any of the posts they've been suggested?

10+ Year Old Account
    About every Trump nominee falls into that category.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    I don't have a problem with private schools, but I have a problem with defunding public schools to promote private schools.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Is there anyone in this batch of recommendations that is qualified for any of the posts they've been suggested?
    Mattis would be an acceptable nomination were it not for the waiver issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    About every Trump nominee falls into that category.
    Its really been amazing to see. It seems like the only criteria is loyalty and toadyism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    All well and good for people to talk mad ass shit about her but the people in charge before her were pieces of shit too. US education is a fucking train wreck when you compare it to other top nations while also looking at how much we spend per student while also realizing what our damn GDP is.

Any cocksucker that utters the words "budget cuts to education", liberal or conservative and anything in between, needs to be kicked in the face with a golf shoe.
    She is, essentially, saying there are going to be budget cuts to education.

But don't worry, as per the OP, she's going to make SJWs slightly less annoying, so all in all it's a net positive, amiright?
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

But don't worry, as per the OP, she's going to make SJWs slightly less annoying, so all in all it's a net positive, amiright?
    Yeah wanting to throw out Title IX because you disagree with some sexual assault policies is more than a little ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its really been amazing to see. It seems like the only criteria is loyalty and toadyism.
    All the things that he attempted to crucify Clinton for.

It's blinding hypocrisy and yet nobody on that side of the fence sees anything wrong with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    All the things that he attempted to crucify Clinton for.

It's blinding hypocrisy and yet nobody on that side of the fence sees anything wrong with it.
    The entire campaign was him attacking people for things he himself did. I don't see why he'd govern any differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I don't have a problem with private schools, but I have a problem with defunding public schools to promote private schools.
    Federal money makes up like 7-8% of a schools budget. Or that's what it was the last time we had a school discussion on here. May be more now. Mostly they are paid by property tax stolen locally.

So I'm not quite sure how they intend to defund public schools. I mean an 8% budget cut, if they fully pulled all federal funding would definitely suck balls, and for shit schools in poor districts it would be catastrophic, but we couldn't possibly hope to think all public schools would be shut down in favor of private.
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

Asked whether Christian schools should continue to rely on philanthropic dollars—rather than pushing for taxpayer money through vouchers—Betsy DeVos replied, "There are not enough philanthropic dollars in America to fund what is currently the need in education…[versus] what is currently being spent every year on education in this country…Our desire is to confront the culture in ways that will continue to advance God's Kingdom."

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...tion-secretary

Ugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    (source)

Hopefully she tears up the Title IX nonsense that has plagued campus'. The OCR 'Dear Colleague' letter was a disgrace.
    Not sure why you think schools should be prevented from making administrative decisions regarding students and sexual improprieties, like literally any workplace is able to.

And the OCR letter you're referring to, so far as I know, just underscored that transgendered students aren't to be discriminated against. So I really don't see the issue, unless you're being explicitly transphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post

You can make arguments about cuts to education, but really only if you've;

A> identified specific examples of wasteful spending that you're going to eliminate or amend for greater efficiency, and
    B> you can't better use the savings to provide improved services in some other respect.

Otherwise, don't pretend you're doing it for the kids. Be clear that you're hosing their education to save a few bucks. Own it, because that's what you're arguing, every single goddamned time.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    (source)

Hopefully she tears up the Title IX nonsense that has plagued campus'. The OCR 'Dear Colleague' letter was a disgrace.
    What is specifically wrong with Title IX?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Not sure why you think schools should be prevented from making administrative decisions regarding students and sexual improprieties, like literally any workplace is able to.

And the OCR letter you're referring to, so far as I know, just underscored that transgendered students aren't to be discriminated against. So I really don't see the issue, unless you're being explicitly transphobic.
    Probably because this time, like last time you don't know the law on this matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

She needs a kick in the face with a golf shoe.

It's one of my main points of opposition with conservatives. Only a mentally challenged drooler would look at falling test scores and our falling down the ranks of education amongst other nations and say "you know what the problem is? Too much money. We need to cut their budget. They can surely do better with less money and less resources"

Private schools are for profit schools, and it doesn't seem her plans revolve around universities one bit. Her plans are entirely focused on propping up private schools (meaning elementary, middle, and high schools) with government money, instead of spending it on public schools.
    Not necessarily. High schools like Regis, Cistercian and Sacred Heart Atherton are all private non-profit. All three are ranked as some of the top high schools in the US. Regis does not even charge tuition. The problem is it only accepts 135 new students per year, and you have to be Roman Catholic.