Quote Originally Posted by scarfdeath View Post
    try to test how many mut + evenon you can use in 6 seconds.

i dont have the shoulder but i think i can easy use at least 2 or 3 mut + envenon in 6 seconds.

it's going to be your biggest source of dmg in this 100% crit time.

didnt know Kingsbane could give 3 points
    A global is 1 second. Theoretically you can Mut+Envenom 3 times in a 6-second window. Realistically, you will run out of Energy if you try that, and 2 Envenoms is the practical limit.

No offense, but if you don't know what the GCD is, and you don't know how many combo points the abilities generate, and you don't have the shoulders, maybe don't call my opener "very bad", and maybe don't give advice to people on the Rogue forum in general.
    Last edited by Won7on; 2017-01-18 at 06:06 AM.
    Ankleshanker, 110 Rogue, Aerie Peak US

Quote Originally Posted by Won7on View Post
    A global is 1 second. Theoretically you can Mut+Envenom 3 times in a 6-second window. Realistically, you will run out of Energy if you try that, and 2 Envenoms is the practical limit.

No offense, but if you don't know what the GCD is, and you don't know how many combo points the abilities generate, and you don't have the shoulders, maybe don't call my opener "very bad", and maybe don't give advice to people on the Rogue forum in general.
    hum i forgot about the GCD. but you could have energy for it.

T0 = garrote + mut + rup = 125 energy used still have + 45
    T1= 45+ 30 (regenerated) mut (-55) still have 20 left
    T2= 20 + 30 evenenon ( -35) 15 left
    T3= 15 +30 have 45
    T4= 45 + 30 Mut (-55) have 20 left
    T5= 20 + 30 evenenon ( -35) 15 left
    T6= 15 + 30 have 45.

the bigger problem is the GCD, you're right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scarfdeath View Post
    your opening looks very bad. wasting a lot of the 6 seconds crit.

I would go with:

Garrote --> Mut --> Rupture(5 combo) --> Mut --> Envenom( 4 combo)--> Vendeta--> Kingsbane --> Mut --> Envenom( 4 combo)--> Mut --> Envenom( 4 combo)--> Mut --> Vanish+Rupture --> Mut --> Envenom( 4 combo)--> Mut --> Envenom( 4 combo)--> till the 100% crit is gone.
    This is the worst opener i've seen since someone told people to open with Pick Lock

There is no reason to delay a vanish rupture that long.

I'd still go Garrote > Envenom > Mut > Rup > Mut(5cP)>vanish - Rupture - Kingsbane - Exsanguinate With a vendetta in pre the vanish rupture when you need energy.
    Last edited by mmocfe2bab4c21; 2017-01-18 at 06:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    This is the worst opener i've seen since someone told people to open with Pick Lock

There is no reason to delay a vanish rupture that long.

I'd still go Garrote > Envenom > Mut > Rup > Mut(5cP)>vanish - Rupture - Kingsbane - Exsanguinate With a vendetta in pre the vanish rupture when you need energy.
    Not sure if serious since opening with pick lock is the only logical choice.

in all seriousness though, if you were to go garrote > mut > rupture and skip that envenom it would allow for better bursts. It used to be garrote > envenom but now with the higher application of AP poison, that envenom is almost completely useless and no longer needed as a filler.

Quote Originally Posted by Isoge View Post

in all seriousness though, if you were to go garrote > mut > rupture and skip that envenom it would allow for better bursts. It used to be garrote > envenom but now with the higher application of AP poison, that envenom is almost completely useless and no longer needed as a filler.
    Just to be clear, I was asking about openers with the Legendary shoulders. My default opener is Garrote > Mut > Rupture > Mut > Mut > Vanish + Rupture > Vendetta + Kingsbane > Mut > Envenom, etc. The problem with it when you have Legendary shoulders is that the "Mut > Mut" part wastes 3 combo points when you have 100% crit, and "Kingsbane > Mut" also wastes 2. I was asking if anyone had a better opener, but it doesn't seem likely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isoge View Post

Would you mind going on Discord saying that

Also yes the lock thing was obviously a joke.

AP is so yesterday

Just to be clear, I was asking about openers with the Legendary shoulders. My default opener is Garrote > Mut > Rupture > Mut > Mut > Vanish + Rupture > Vendetta + Kingsbane > Mut > Envenom, etc. The problem with it when you have Legendary shoulders is that the "Mut > Mut" part wastes 3 combo points when you have 100% crit, and "Kingsbane > Mut" also wastes 2. I was asking if anyone had a better opener, but it doesn't seem likely.
    what if you: Garrote > Rupture > Mut > Envenom > Mut > Envenom ?

IF i didn't screw the GCD again this could work no ?

since your rupture does damage every 2 seconds. you would only crit 2 times with it. not really that big dmg increase.

Just got the legendary boots, have a few questions. Before getting them I had swapped one of my 3 MA relics, so my cooldown is now 1.27 minutes. Now, with the boots it seems to be 15 seconds or so off of kingsbane.

1) I'm assuming I should aim for 3 MA relics again. Is this correct?
    2) Should I hold kingsbane for Vendetta?
    3) Is CoF even better now that I have the boots?

Thanks

AP is so yesterday
    AP scales better than Exsang cause, you know, Mastery is stat that actually does something for us. And MP double-dips Kingsbane. I'm sticking with it. Pretty sure AP will be very effective in NH.

Deleted
    AP scales better than Exsang cause, you know, Mastery is stat that actually does something for us. And MP double-dips Kingsbane. I'm sticking with it. Pretty sure AP will be very effective in NH.
    Except there is virtually no Single target fights in NH and right now Vers/crit - EP/exsanguinate outperforms the AP build even on Single target.

By all means go chat it out with the theorycrafters on discord though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonton View Post
    Just got the legendary boots, have a few questions. Before getting them I had swapped one of my 3 MA relics, so my cooldown is now 1.27 minutes. Now, with the boots it seems to be 15 seconds or so off of kingsbane.

1) I'm assuming I should aim for 3 MA relics again. Is this correct?
    2) Should I hold kingsbane for Vendetta?
    3) Is CoF even better now that I have the boots?

Thanks
    I have 3 MA relics and boots, before nerf Vendetta was on the same cd as Kingsbane now it's off by ~10sec so if u have only 2 it'll be around 14 sec, u can leave only 2 MA relics if you get the trinket (by my testing on ptr if Vendetta is 1m30s with trinket it'll get to 1m) so with 2 MA relics legendary boots and trinket you can line up Vendetta with Kingsbane.

Damn, got the new legendary shoulders today. So I now have boots, bracers and shoulders. What do you think the best setup going into NH will be? Gonna do my own sims of course, but I'm guessing Boots + Bracers + 2/3MA relics + CoF will still be ideal since that gives you the 45 sec Vendetta CD for the best sustained DPS.

But I could see using Bracers + Shoulders and dropping MA relics for the 1:30 Vendetta too, if there's 2 other trinkets that are good. The burst on these shoulders is pretty insane if you have Vanish up.

Also, anyone know how the shoulders interact with NElf Shadowmeld?
    Dno if correct or not by I do this :

Garrote > Mut > 5cp envenom > Mut > 4cp rup > Mut to 5 (pop vendetta when starved) > Vanish > Rup > Kingsbane > Get as many envenoms as I can in with the crit buff with 4cp

Deleted
    - - - Updated - - -

Except there is virtually no Single target fights in NH and right now Vers/crit - EP/exsanguinate outperforms the AP build even on Single target.

there are 3 pure single target fights, AP still outshines exsang on virtually every fight in there

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    SoT uptime is more important, but it's also important to use 4-5 CP SoTS (since it scales with CP spent) so it's not always a necessity to clip, unlike with EP
    hmm, could you please give a more in-depth explanations of why is it not important to clip SoT?
    Since it also increases Envenom's damage, wouldn't it be optimal to envenom while SoT is up?

When I look at the allready loged fights in Nigthhold, I have to say: The latest nerfs to AP are not justified.
    For the 9 bosses with at least 100 logged players, rogues are overrepresented only for 4 fights, Trillax (25), Augur (16), Krosus (21) and Elisandre (10).
    For spellblade and Tichondrius there are 0 rogues in the top 100, Skorpyron 1, Botanist 2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Notter View Post
    hmm, could you please give a more in-depth explanations of why is it not important to clip SoT?
    Since it also increases Envenom's damage, wouldn't it be optimal to envenom while SoT is up?
    While SoT is up it buffs ur AP Stacks but just the ones that are applied while SoT is active. The last AP stack will run the full duration as an improved venom with extra dmg but as soon as u apply a new stack without SoT bein up the dmg buff will decrease. So u dont rly need a 100% SoT uptime but it would ensure ur AP stacks to be buffed all time. Instead u want many SoT's with 4-5 CP so the dmg buff is at max also this gives you a window to pool energy as long as ur aa didnt apply a new stack.

I hope that helps u
    Last edited by mmoc3eba4521c7; 2017-01-18 at 11:09 AM.

Deleted

Yeah thats why i dont get the AP nerf at all..
    I think blizzard did balancing around EN/ToV Logs, and theyr nerfing a pure ST skill for a raid with ... not many ST fights :P

Quote Originally Posted by drex View Post
    While SoT is up it buffs ur AP Stacks but just the ones that are applied while SoT is active. The last AP stack will run the full duration as an improved venom with extra dmg but as soon as u apply a new stack without SoT bein up the dmg buff will decrease. So u dont rly need a 100% SoT uptime but it would ensure ur AP stacks to be buffed all time. Instead u want many SoT's with 4-5 CP so the dmg buff is at max also this gives you a window to pool energy as long as ur aa didnt apply a new stack.

I hope that helps u
    thanks for the explanation
    If there's one thing i gather from that, is that i used AP/MP wrong
    cause i was clipping SoT with even 3CP envenom, which i guess is now a big no-no.

Quote Originally Posted by Notter View Post
    it would be optimal, but sometimes it's better to pool, it's more important to get to 4-5 cp than to clip the envenom due to how SoT gives higher %dmg on higher CPs
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2017-01-18 at 12:41 PM.

I assume our rotation changes slightly once we get 4pc. I am guessing we will be forgoing SoT uptime completely and instead play a bit like sub where we pool energy and do mut-mut-envenom in rapid succession till we're out of energy.

Instead of trying to stall SOT and clip near end of it, you just want to dish out as many mut and envenom you can fit in as possible and pool as much as possible. Does that sound about right?