Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I would love to see enrage timers having a comeback. in the last time they became very rare in their classicsl sense

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Initial thoughts of heroic:

Skorpyron: as hard as expected (which is not really)
    Anomaly: also about as hard as expected (still not really)
    Trilliax: slightly easier than expected, but chaotic in a fun way
    Aluriel: about as hard as expected, well balanced
    Krosus: slightly harder than expected, abilities seem to never stop coming at you
    Botanist: a weird one, maybe slightly harder than expected
    Tichondrius: definitely harder than expected
    Star Augur: damn son

Normal seems pretty face-rolley right now, if you've been clearing heroic EN/TOV up to this point. Star Augur is probably the tighest tuned so far, with Tichondrius being my favorite fight we've seen. Haven't done botanist yet because he doesn't drop tier, so we've got him, elisande and gul'dan left

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    Guldan is the new archimonde on steroids. Many guilds will stack on him and plenty of guilds will start mythics without having kille him. Exactly like what happened in hellfire.

Normal is tuned around 35 traits and hc maybe 3-4 traits above. But guldan might need full traits and certain legendaries for hc only guilds.
    Um, Heroic Arch died within 2 weeks for any competent guild. I killed him in a pug like 3 weeks after HFC released. I highly doubt any guilds were passing on him to start mythic. If so, they're silly and not deserving of being called a mythic guild. You needed 50k dps to kill him, that was doable in BRF gear
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

15+ Year Old Account
    For normal mode, it didn't seem that hard. I just had to bow out of my guild run as its 1 am and I'm falling asleep, but we 1 shot 5 bosses and 2 shot 2 others when I left them. They're staying to clear tonight and running heroic later this week. Even though the fights seemed a bit easy, I did enjoy them.

10+ Year Old Account
    after spell-blade, we chose (foolishly) to go for high botanist.. This is crazy fight. Think Tyrant.. But more shit and faster. The lashers mechanic is my favorite so far for the whole instance.... bar none. It's gonna be the shit-cherry on top in the mythic version I think.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholyness View Post
    Why Wouldn't you be at least 880 by now,not asking a lot, since August
    because of blizzards FANTASTIC trinket design whereby your bis trinkets are 840 and 850 ilvl...
    Now as Blood Elf
    My Youtube Channel

10+ Year Old Account
    Finished heroic. Good change of scenery. Good raid. Lots going on with botanist/augur/gul'dan. Honestly imagined Elisande being a longer fight. Wasn't as crazy as I imagined.

I reckon it is safe to assume that mythic Gul'dan will be balanced around 54 traits. Last boss of the Tier, you should have all traits for the spec you are gonna to use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EzG View Post
    Finished heroic. Good change of scenery. Good raid. Lots going on with botanist/augur/gul'dan. Honestly imagined Elisande being a longer fight. Wasn't as crazy as I imagined.
    Gratz on WF Heroic clear.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    its should have been infinite and it was - what shouldnt happen is content tuned around nolifer ocd retards who farm MoS 24/7 - for those people mythic should be ultra easy due to insane number of hours they already put into game.

and blizzard should have backbone and said "you brought that onto yourself this content is not targeting people who put 100 hours each week into game . so next tier pls dont do that to yourself if you enjoy chalenge"
    So Blizzard provide an infinite power-up and the means to endliessly pursue it, but it's the player's fault if they use the design ?
    Yeah, logic, who needs it ?

Got to the botanist tonight on normal with about 5 guildies and the rest pugs (all really nice folks btw)... at that point it was getting late so we decided to call it.

Pretty nice place, great art, but lots of framerate issues in certain areas, Fights range from quite fun (Krosus, Botanist) to ok (Skorpyron, Spellblade) to pretty bad (Trilliax, Anomaly)

We're 7/7m 2/3m, ilvl 887, average artifact level 40. Cleared normal with two wipes (Tel'arn, Elisande).

Tel'arn felt pretty hectic, Star Augur Etraeus will probably be pretty tough on heroic if the tuning scales appropriately. Tichondrius, Aluriel and Krosus aren't bad at all. Elisande and Gul'dan normal seem pretty neutered by the removal of mechanics that are on heroic. We one shot Gul'dan, (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0OopUggDJI) .

Quote Originally Posted by Mohoots View Post
    You should never skip normal... Even Progression guild will do 1-4 clears of split normals. normal is still 875 tier gear... I'd drop 10 ilvl on 4 pieces to gain 10% damage right now easily.....

and as to helya It was released 2 weeks too early. If it had been released a few weeks later it was fine... Its only a 300 pull boss once everyone in raid has 40+talents. its just guilds were barely hitting 35 when it came out... Its on par with Archimonde.
    This man gets it.

As a tank on Normal, Botanist felt overtuned compared to all the rest of the bosses. We thought Elisande bugged after phase 1 and was devoid of mechanics. Gul'dan got very boring after the first phase and more or less turned into a single tank fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunzi View Post
    What Blizzard really really should do is to *save* all of the different tuning levels for all raids/dungeons. And then there's a "challenge mode" where you can select which build you want - more difficult builds can then give higher rewards.

There's no reason why a boss nerf should mean an *end* to being able to do that content - the pre-nerf tuning should always be selectable in challenge mode.
    Sooooooo........
    Exactly how it is now? I also have a great idea. When you kill some or maybe all of these "bosses" everyone has a chance to get an item I like to call "loot".
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    We did the first 7 on normal with a mix of alts and mains, and it wasn't too bad. We had a relatively small raid composition and only wiped to Star Auger a couple times. Boss seems pretty punishing with smaller raid sizes, but that's about it. The rest I can't really speak of because it pretty much felt like it should. We had a mix of people in 890s, with the other half being in the 870s for a reference point.

Our main raid did 8/10 heroic tonight with several casuals in. Most of it didn't seem too bad. We wiped several times to Botanist, Krosus and Tichondrius. Krosus wipes were basically people being greedy ant not soaking adds, with one of them just being melee not realize how you shouldn't wait around on the third slam to fit in another GCD. Botanist when explaining it felt really confusing, and it feels like a giant cluster fuck, but it still fell over. Tichondrius pretty much the same, with a lot of damage going on.

Star Auger really didn't take as long on heroic though, but I thank that to trying it on normal first, so we really didn't have to change too much (mechanically, there isn't that much different aside from the fel nova). The last phase felt crazy though. Not sure if we were doing something wrong and brute forced our way through, but the boss was doing a metric ton of damage.

Fun raid though. I think it has the potential to be BRF/ToT quality, both of which I hold in high regard. It's not dripping with red and green either, so that's a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    So Blizzard provide an infinite power-up and the means to endliessly pursue it, but it's the player's fault if they use the design ?
    Yeah, logic, who needs it ?
    logic is very ismple and true for every single mmo ever - if you put time and farm/grind to make yourelf stronger content around you keep getting easier.
    it was true in first rpgs like dungeon & dragons that people played by the table 40 years ago and its true in legion ad 2017 .

if someone put 500 hours into game he should be stronger then someone who put 20 . and content aroudn him should be appropietly easier for him . thats how mmorpgs worked since begining of genre .

but be honest you people dont want to play rpg - you want to play action-arcade raid symulator game not rpg.

7+ Year Old Account
    We did 8/10 normal yesterday in about 3h, it was very fun, most of the boss were 1 shot but we had some trouble on botanist, if you don't deal with the parasitic fetter and it start spreading it goes to shit ultra fast and it's pretty funny. star augur seems pretty tightly tune even in normal but we 2 shot it (1st wipe we forgot to split into grp so it doesn't really count XD).

can't wait for elisandre and gul'dan tonight an then start heroic, witch is probably going to be pretty hard.

My only negative point on this raid is the amount of trash.... holy shit there is so much trash... i don't mind so much on 1st clear but it's gonna get old very fast.

After completing 10/10N last night I found that Elisande was easier than Tich/Botanist. Guldan was the hardest just because empowered abilities do a shitload of damage.