Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're just more accustomed to traditional FPS of point click shoot. You either miss or you don't. CS:GO would be more of what you're looking for.

All I'll say is yes lots of abilities/gun mechanics in this game are pretty forgiving and with reason as Blizz wants the game to have mass appeal but mastering the game is rewarding and you'll always outclass somebody that just fires in a general direction. Take Junkrat for example. Yes if you keep lobbing grenades in a direction they'll eventually hit but then you have players who understand the weapon well and can actually purposely aim the grenades and hit the majority of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're new, I feel like your problem mostly stems from having a low MMR, making you matched with people who don't know or don't care how to play. As you get more familiar and your skill increases you'll see that stuff less and less, or at the very least, it'll become less of a problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    Bastion's clip can outlast defense matrix especially if you stagger your rounds and keep her guessing when to use DM and waste it on lag so you have more to shoot at her when it's down and if she tries to get in your face it's instant death

so while he may not be the hardest kind of counter he definitely forces DVA to drastically change her playstyle which is what it means to be a counter
    It's still a team game though. D.Va isn't necessarily alone with that defense matrix.

I'd rather my games didn't adhere to labels. I don't really want to be playing a carbon copy of a genre with just improved graphics for the rest of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigy View Post
    Of course and I don't disagree, I'm new to Overwatch and very aware that I suck, hard.
    But when I pick McCree, or Soldier, or Genji or what have you and try my best to hit those pesky bastards running all over the place, meanwhile a torbjörn gets play of the game while hammering a wall due to his turret, it rubs me all the wrong ways. Or the killcams of a junkrat standing in the same spot, lobbing his nades at the same place, over... and over... and over again.

Maybe Overwatch isn't for me, probably isn't. I enjoy the core of it, but the devil's in the details, specifically the heroes.
    I get a minor stroke whenever I encounter: Symmetra, Mei, Torbjörn D.va
    I lose my shit when I face a junkrat or a Roadhog.

Fuck Roadhog.
    Roadhog hooks are getting adjusted in the next patch, and a fix to his little "trick" to stop people doing it (basically as you hook, you quickly face the ground / to your right, then immidetly go back facing where your hook went. IF you do it quick enough, you pull your target that little bit closer in and do that x amount of damage extra. Aka enough to kill reapers and 76 in one shot, opposed to have them on low hp)

D.va is easy counter able, but you'll see her played less and less next patch as shes getting an adjustment to make countering easier.

Syms a pain, but you'll see less soon enough, shes just popular at the moment due to her changes

And overall, once you level a bit, advance in comp, You'll see very very few Torb or Junkrat PoTG's. Generally everyone knows to find that bastards turret and take it down asap. Once its down, its very difficult to get it back up in an effective position. Junkrats grenades you'll find easier to dodge and you'll only be worried about a soundless tire falling out of the sky on your team.

Also keep in mind, if your new to the game, I'd imagine your facing a lot of smurf accounts who think its hilarious to wipe new players continually,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Janz View Post
    It's still a team game though. D.Va isn't necessarily alone with that defense matrix.
    the way so many of them play they generally are by themselves or so shit at their job they become alone very quickly

a lot of people pick on bastion but he is great for handling tanks who are playing too aggressively

So i've finally figured out what drives me mental about OW, thing smells more cheesy than gorgonzola.

It's supposedly an FPS but has multiple instances where you don't aim at all, one would think that aiming is a central part of a shooter, but fair enough.
    And there are sooo many cheesy ways you keep dying in this game, Torbjörn's turret that requires zero input from the player, has "maphack" and "aimbot", symmetra/winston beam and of course the two spawns of satan themselves, spamrat with his skillnades and roadhog and his bullshit lolshot combo with the hook.

It feels somewhat like quake, except with "for dummies" added in the title.

Is this common critique for Overwatch or am I just an older generation gamer who want player capabilities to be in center?
    im with you, most FPS rewards good aiming, OW doesnt

10+ Year Old Account
    So i've finally figured out what drives me mental about OW, thing smells more cheesy than gorgonzola.

It's supposedly an FPS but has multiple instances where you don't aim at all, one would think that aiming is a central part of a shooter, but fair enough.
    And there are sooo many cheesy ways you keep dying in this game, Torbjörn's turret that requires zero input from the player, has "maphack" and "aimbot", symmetra/winston beam and of course the two spawns of satan themselves, spamrat with his skillnades and roadhog and his bullshit lolshot combo with the hook.

It feels somewhat like quake, except with "for dummies" added in the title.

Is this common critique for Overwatch or am I just an older generation gamer who want player capabilities to be in center?
    Hey that's excellent! Aren't opinions great?
    That said, I think you might have confused this for your blog.

I've played Quake 3 arena, and no I don't think Overwatch is a dumbed down version of it... Overwatch is it's own game. you're complaints come from you or your team not being able to react to various heroes that have plenty of ways to to be dealt with. what you're describing is a Git Gud type of situation, or get people who know how to play to join you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumkin View Post
    play paladins its so much better
    "Things No One Says," for $500?

Coming from Unreal Tournament and Quake here. If you got problem with bastion, you probably couldnt survive Classic UT minigun/Pulse gun spam or Quake lightning gun period lol. Kills you about as fast as bastion and theres nothing bar killing the other guy first or running away behind a wall you could do about it. As for torb turret, lol what. Just shoot the damn thing, it doesent move. Hell just do the CS way and bait a team8 into getting fired by it for you!

15+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps you never grew out of the the limited ways in which older generation gamer capabilities were evaluated.

I used to think of CS as a game of skill, but not anymore.
    For me, now it's just a game of muscle memory, knowing all the map tricks, and having lowest possible ping.

Some people seem to consider twitch/reflex to be the definition of skill.

For me a game like LoL requires a lot more skill to be played at its highest level than a game like CS ever will.
    Because in LoL you can also use your reflexes, but it has a lot more variables, and being able to think ahead of your opponent creates amazing situations.

Overwatch combines many of the tactical elements of LoL with an FPS.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2017-01-19 at 12:16 AM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Deleted
    You're not alone man. Overwatch is different than most standard shooters where most guns are the same and it comes down to personal skill. This game is a team game, in a lot of situations you won't be able to win a 1v1 because all heroes are different. Stupid example, but a Mercy won't beat a Roadhog. You can be the best Mercy in the world, but you won't win. Now if you compare this to UT99 Instagib, everybody is the same, the one with the highest skill will win. I personally prefer those kind of shooters more than these moba type style of shooters. I want to be able to compete with everybody on the opposite team on the same level.

I hate Counterstrike, but I loved Unreal Tournament, Medal of Honor and the early Call of Duty games. I like Overwatch, but I am not taking it as seriously as I did with these games around 10-15 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    Now if you compare this to UT99 Instagib, everybody is the same, the one with the highest skill will win..
    Not a very good analogy, Instagib was considered the scrub people lol. Its only like one step above modded servers on the noob scale of UT.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2017-01-19 at 12:44 AM.

If the complaint is turrets, well you are not an old enough gamer if you didn't have to deal with them in team fortress. So there goes the "older generation" comment.

This just isn't your game, go find something you actually enjoy and don't waste your time trying to shit on something others do enjoy.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Deleted
    All i notice is how noone says anything about roadhog when OP mentioned him in his complaints, IMBA char spotted xD
    As an aside i haven't acctually played overwatch yet, still considering buying or not cus legion wow too time consuming, but i did some research on youtube saw some good vids and yea... if you play roadhog well almost everyone will hate you you just cant go wrong...chain-shoot in da face yo.

Quote Originally Posted by bollyblob View Post
    All i notice is how noone says anything about roadhog when OP mentioned him in his complaints, IMBA char spotted xD
    As an aside i haven't acctually played overwatch yet, still considering buying or not cus legion wow too time consuming, but i did some research on youtube saw some good vids and yea... if you play roadhog well almost everyone will hate you you just cant go wrong...chain-shoot in da face yo.
    Roadhog is getting shafted soon anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Roadhog is getting shafted soon anyways.
    What are you talking about? Current changes to Roadhog are actually a buff. Those out of LoS hooks that are getting fixed happen like 1% of the time, which means basically nothing. The bugged positioning of hook targets on the other hand, that also gets fixed, happens like 20% of the time. So now Roadhog can actually oneshot the hook target in almost 100% of the time.

So yea, even if you got "bug" hooked once every 5 games earlier, you also survived the initial oneshot possibly multiple times each game because you were positioned in completely wrong place after hook.

I'm a Roadhog "main" and I'm waiting for the Hook 2.0 very eagerly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bollyblob View Post
    Hog is a bit like like Bastion, Symmetra and Torbjorn; but not quite so bad. They're great at lower levels while people don't really have the experience to deal with them properly; but with time and experience they become much less effective. Many people regard Hog as little more than free ult charge now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Not a very good analogy, Instagib was considered the scrub people lol. Its only like one step above modded servers on the noob scale of UT.
    Sorry but I disagree. Just like I said, everyone is equal, best player wins. I played at a very high skill level in CTF Instagib and the challenge was amazing. Doesn't take away the fact that the standard UT was any less impressive though, all the guns were viable (To a certain degree) but Instagib was simply where my heart was.