Poll: Do you sell tokens for gold?

Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

WoW Token 118,000g in EU

So for those like myself who buy and sell tokens for gold this is great and hopefully it grows BUT I am curious how many sell tokens?

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I pay my playtime with tokens but 120K is getting too high, especially because making gold is much harder than few months ago. Gems just don't sell so high anymore.

I bought 11 at 90k/each. I regret not stocking up at the start of the expansion when they were down around 60k.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Yeah I pay my playtime with tokens but 120K is getting too high, especially because making gold is much harder than few months ago. Gems just don't sell so high anymore.
    Enchanting market is pretty good. Make that amount in about a week just flipping mats into enchants.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Enchanting market is pretty good. Make that amount in about a week just flipping mats into enchants.
    Probably there is a way to make lot more gold, but I'm not motivated. I was going to take a break anyway.

Deleted
    man i remember when they were 20k in wod, shouldve bought like at least 20 of them.

edit: the token price where 29-35k gold in the beginning, as some people in the thread corrected me.
    Last edited by mmocebc4a63931; 2017-01-18 at 07:47 PM. Reason: i was wrong

Deleted
    I bought 13 when they were 91K. When they release the BNET Balance Option they will probably spike to 150K or even more. They should really seperate Russian Players from the Pricing and give them their own Token-Region. Without Russia the Prices in EU would be way more close to NA.

Quote Originally Posted by Iettlopp View Post
    man i remember when they were 20k in wod, shouldve bought like at least 20 of them
    All-Time Low was 29K for EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Iettlopp View Post
    man i remember when they were 20k in wod, shouldve bought like at least 20 of them
    They were never 20k in the EU. Starting price was 35k, all time low was little over 30k.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    What I really don't understand is the disparity between regions.
    its not really rocket science - puting it simply (+/-) in us you work for 20 $ 1-2 hours , in eastern eu/russia 7-8 hours in poor countries of asia 20-30 hours - simple as that.

thing is gold is still raiinign from the sky in legion it just requirems minimal effort - class halls give you 1,5-3k gold a day - which gives 18-36k per day if you have 12 toons with developed class halls - this + proffesions make 120k / month still a joke for those who play actively.
    but lets say somene has one toon 1,5-3k x 30 days = 45-90k just from 1 class hall monthly - add alchemy+herbalism combo to thaat toon and 120k is super easy to achieve for those who want.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2017-01-17 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    its not really rocket science - puting it simply (+/-) in us you work for 20 $ 1-2 hours , in eastern eu/russia 7-8 hours in poor countries of asia 20-30 hours - simple as that.

thing is gold is still raiinign from the sky in legion it just requirems minimal effort - class halls give you 1,5-3k gold a day - which gives 18-36k per day if you have 12 toons with developed class halls - this + proffesions make 120k / month still a joke for those who play actively.
    but lets say somene has one toon 1,5-3k x 30 days = 45-90k just from 1 class hall monthly - add alchemy+herbalism combo to thaat toon and 120k is super easy to achieve for those who want.
    Or, get a job, since you are putting as much\more effort into a game as you would into a part-time job

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Or, get a job, since you are putting as much\more effort into a game as you would into a part-time job
    Pretty much. It is all very well to say with 12 toons etc can make so many gold per month, but how many hours does it require and would people prefer to spend those hour doing something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is a bit of a headache for me to add money to my account because of the way online purchases are handled here, but I sell tokens from time to time. Our prices are running even higher.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

as a token buyer, it's awful. I recall Blizz mentioning there being a cap on the prices to stop them getting too crazy, can't help but wonder what their idea of "too crazy" is. fortunately I made a ton of gold in WoD, I feel sorry for those players without such a stockpile

Deleted
    Aww yiss! Now the hard decision: sell now or hold... Anyone know a good site that tracks history and changes to prices?

Well, the token market fluctuates, with supply and demand no doubt. But in game gold for 1 month play time is still a good deal if you can get that gold, it's also getting easier to make gold. At some point, it'll probably drop back down to the mark around 60k that I saw it at!

Also, when it peaked at ~100k, I did sell a token, that's a pretty good deal for me.

-=Member of the Champions of the Sunwell=-

Deleted
    What I do at the end of the months is check what I started with and then check what I ended up with. If the difference is a wow token or more, then I buy a token.

As long as I do that, I will keep buying tokens. Right now I have like 200k for all expenses (and I doubt I'd ever spend it) and everything else can be used for tokens, with alchemy prices heavily fluctuating I can make the required 118k in a few days so atm I have nothing to complain.

Deleted
    I won't buy a token if it's less than 80k... £15 for 60,000g isn't value for money in my eyes

Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    Aww yiss! Now the hard decision: sell now or hold... Anyone know a good site that tracks history and changes to prices?
    Not sure if being sarcastic... but yeah .

Deleted
    Done it once or twice so far, but with how high they are now I might buy a few and sell them on the AH. Still want to buy the toy and pet from the Mad Merchant, so that's a good opportunity.

15+ Year Old Account
    I used to buy gold in WoW. Now I sell it instead. And back before i started doing it when I was piss poor in WoW, I used to buy gold instead of farming, it was so much more effective. Why spend hours and hours and hours in game farming which I don't like when I can spend 20 minutes extra at my work and then buy 100k for that amount? 100k goes for like €6-7. Why buy tokens for €20 so you can earn like 115k in WoW, when for those €20 you can get 250-300k at pretty much no risk?