Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I doubt he will.

Maybe before the election he might have, but now he's probably worried the US will try and charge him as a Russian spy that helped throw the election
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Technically he can't because there is no US extradition request in place for him (and even if one were generated he already has a pending extradition request for Sweden, and they get first priority).
    Assange's "concern" the entire time is that the Swedish extradition request is just a mask for being wanted by the US for his hacking/espionage related offenses years ago. Chances are if the US asked for Assange, they would give him to us. Assange knows that and hasn't wanted to take that chance. He could possibly fight his way out of Swedish courts or at least drag it out for years but he would be royally fucked in the US given we literally have the smoking gun needed to convict him. The recent election "issues" regarding him and Wikileaks in just fan those flames even more.

There's a 90% chance that him giving himself up puts him in US custody.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2017-01-18 at 09:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Assange's "concern" the entire time is that the Swedish extradition request is just a mask for being wanted by the US for his hacking/espionage related offenses years ago. Chances are if the US asked for Assange, they would give him to us.
    No, that's not his concern because it's nonsense, he's just claiming it to try and court the favour of people who don't realise it's nonsense.

If the US wanted him then they would be heavily objecting to his extradition to Sweden as they know that Swedish law does not allow extradition for political crimes (and as such they have previously refused to send the US much bigger fish than Assange) which means if he goes to Sweden then the US would have no chance of getting him. So far the US has raised no objection to his extradition (and if they did it would be ignored).

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    There's a 90% chance that him giving himself up puts him in US custody.
    It's approximately 0%, because the amount of laws the UK would break by sending him to the US when there is an extradition order in place would make the idea unthinkable for any UK politician/official.

10+ Year Old Account
    Manning's sentence was commuted, but he was not pardoned, (Assange said he would turn himself over to the Americans if he was pardoned). For whatever that matters. Pretty sure Assange knows the difference, even though 95% of the world does not. And lets stop pretending. The Brits would hold him (for a long time) as soon as he sets foot outside the embassy. During that time, the US would file some papers, and he is flown to the US. Does anyone really think Assange has been holed up in the Ecuadorian Embassy for 2 years to escape some BS charge in Sweden?
    Last edited by jugzilla; 2017-01-18 at 10:39 AM.
    Reminder to self, this is what your dealing with on mmo-c ot
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Incidentally, I have no issue with deceiving stupid people.
    I consider anyone right of Obama to be stupid, actually.

Deleted
    He won't. Assange is a Russian shill, the position he is in now has been carefully arranged in order to give him an air of credibility, by seemingly putting his life and freedom on the line to deliver us from oppressive Western regimes with truth bombs. His true purpose is that he's one tool in Putin his shed in order to destabilize NATO partners.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jugzilla View Post
    And lets stop pretending. The Brits would hold him (for a long time) as soon as he sets foot outside the embassy. During that time, the US would file some papers, and he is flown to the US.
    That's not stopping pretending, it's starting to pretend impossible make believe nonsense. Pretty much the polar opposite.

15+ Year Old Account
    It is lucky for Peyton Manning, or Chelsea or whatever name he chooses to hide behind, that Jugzilla was not emperor of the SA. Manning should have been have been executed. Snowden was a whistle-blower, he should be the one pardoned. Manning was a sexually confused traitor, who did not expose a conspiracy, but only exposed operational level details that got US friendly people killed.
    It's funny because the opposite is true - it's Snowden who revealed US documents and information to foreign governments. Manning released information to the American people.

There's a difference between traitor and whistleblower. That you got Manning and Snowden confused as to who was which explains much.

Of course Assange won't give himself up. He's a little bitch and a coward.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Medievaldragon View Post
    Many people in higher spheres are criticizing Obama for commuting Chelsea Manning's 35-years sentence, and to release him on May 2017.

What people has to focus on is Obama's motivations for doing it.

On January 11, Edward Snowden tweeted to Obama:

It is curious that Snowden asks clemency for Manning and not for himself.

On January 12, WikiLeaks tweeted:

Now, I don't know about you, but this was a very astonishing move. Will Assange agree to extradition now that Mannings is to be free?

If anything, interesting developments out of the blue.

Original News:
    Hell no he won't, even if he was promised a pardon you know some pro Hillary nut job will to off him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    It's funny because the opposite is true - it's Snowden who revealed US documents and information to foreign governments. Manning released information to the American people.

There's a difference between traitor and whistleblower. That you got Manning and Snowden confused as to who was which explains much.

Of course Assange won't give himself up. He's a little bitch and a coward.
    Did they both not release their info on the interwebs? I would love to have whatever powers you possess that allow you delineate the dissemination of confidential documents via the intertubez in such a discrete way. I'll say it again...no one died from the Snowden leaks. He didn't out any of our CI's. Manning did, and blood is on his hands.
    Last edited by jugzilla; 2017-01-18 at 01:17 PM.

The left only cares about manning because if transgenderism is the next big push to decay society

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Definitely no. That wouldn't go with his character whatsoever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    The left only cares about manning because if transgenderism is the next big push to decay society
    Yes, the left hates the world etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Of course he won't.

At this point, Assange is nothing but a blowhard who destroyed all of his and Wikileaks' credibility by being so brazenly partisan during the last US election.

Furthermore he's not even avoiding the US for the charges of sedition or any other kind of information-based crime, he's doing so because he sexually assaulted somebody and ran like a cowardly bitch.

He played chicken with Obama and lost. And now is most definitely going to try and pretend there's some loophole that will give him the excuse to not do what he said. Probably because Manning's sentence was commuted, not pardoned.

And even though I know for a fact it won't, maybe if even one Trumpette sees what an absolute cowardly cunt he is, they'll stop gargling his balls long enough to be objective for the first time in the last decade.

And if you look to your left, you can see Democrats being hypocritical idiots......

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Definitely no. That wouldn't go with his character whatsoever.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, the left hates the world etc. etc.
    They turned on Snowden and Assange pretty fast

And yea the left always needs a bogey man to justify its views

Quote Originally Posted by Medievaldragon View Post
    I understand your points, but it's odd to make a commitment for extradition, and then not go through. It would be seen as bluff or lie. Lack of word and credibility.
    Honestly, Assange must be an idiot to go through with his commitment for extradition. He doesn't need to and who would be so stupid to condemn himself to decades of prison just for the sake of keeping his credibility on Twitter? I know I wouldn't and fuck those who would call me an hypocrite, it's my life not theirs.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizix View Post
    who would be so stupid to condemn himself to decades of prison just for the sake of keeping his credibility on Twitter?
    If found guilty the maximum sentence is 6 years, this is why it's so funny he's now spent 4.5 years hiding for a crime with a 2-6 year sentence.

What whistle was Manning blowing? What did he expose?
    She exposed US war crimes. Torture, killing of journalists etc.

Manning did, and blood is on his hands.
    If US personnel actually paid for those crimes even better.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    If found guilty the maximum sentence is 6 years, this is why it's so funny he's now spent 4.5 years hiding for a crime with a 2-6 year sentence.
    Ah, didn't know that. Oh well... still 6 years of his life. I mean, I'd rather hide in an embassy than spend even one day in prison - gotta be better quality of life. Until maybe he can escape to a non-extradition country and be done with the whole mess. I don't know, whatever one thinks of Assange, I know I wouldn't voluntary turn myself in in order to keep my credibility on the internet: that's not even a priority on my priority list.

Obviously not. Unless he has been pre-assured by his bff Trump that his pardon is imminent. He's a coward, through and through. If following through on is twitter deal ends badly for him, he won't do it. If it ends ok for him, he'll do it and we'll suffer his grandstanding for the rest of Trump's term. After he beats his Swedish rape case of course. In short, no he won't. Because he has no US extradition pending. And he's not going to go deal with that rapey stuff in Sweden first, in my estimation. Won't it be entertaining if I'm wrong though?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    If US personnel actually paid for those crimes even better.
    Wow. And there it is. You should realize the overwhelming majority of stuff Manning leaked did not expose torture, killing of journalists etc. If he wanted to expose such things, he could have actually just leaked that stuff. That really wasn't his intention. I appreciate the fact you hope Americans died from his leaks, but unfortunately, it was mostly Afghan and Iraqi collaborators.

7+ Year Old Account
    I highly doubt Obama gave clemency to Manning simply because Snowden asked politely, and Assange said he'd come back to the US. Although Assange claims that they didn't release the info that Manning gave them isn't common knowledge that Wikileaks did?

I was under the impression that Assange believes that if Manning is getting a "get out of jail free card" for treason, Assange shouldn't possibly be imprisoned for relaying the info that was going to be released somewhere anyway. Kind like a don't shoot the messenger situation, if you're not shooting who originated the message.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders